View Poll Results: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Changing Rooms

16 13.33%
  • Trading Spaces

43 35.83%
  • While You Were Out

15 12.50%
  • Christopher Lowell

0 0%
  • Designer's Challenge

9 7.50%
  • Designing for the Sexes

3 2.50%
  • Ground Force

4 3.33%
  • Other

30 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

What exactly is Monster House? I haven't heard of it before. Is it like a large-scale WYWO? Are you guys enjoying it so far?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Trading Spaces especially since Carter has joined the group.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    I love surprise by design!

Fluff I love Designer Guys, Devine Design (but you know she has a huge budget) and I also happen to like Sensible Chic and another one with a sky high budget- Rooms to Go.. shows you how to make use of "small" space when you are renting.
    LOL I really get a kick out of the designer's (collectively) definition of small room. I have a modest (older) 1300 sqft house and my rooms are smaller than the ones shown on any of these shows
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    your right, my mom sent in a request when trading spaces was in Louisville and the rooms had to be a certain size and they were pretty big by average standards I thought. Also, they wanted to have the neighbors be in super close range, walking distance.. which was a bummer because my sis and mom wanted to do it but they live about a mile from each other. But on another hand my sis did go to a club the other night and all the cast was there and so she got to hang and dance w/them!

That's a cool story FG.

Speaking of room sizes, I had wanted to do WYWO for my mom, but she lives in an older house built in the 1920s, so the rooms were considered too small by show standards. I was so p.o.'d! They claimed it was because they need a certain amount of space to film, yet I notice on other shows (e.g. Changing Rooms, from the UK) less space is sufficient. It was pretty disappointing.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fanatic
    I have to say trading spaces, but I also enjoy while you were out. I enjoy the designers more on trading spaces, but I'd much prefer a while you were out design. As long as Chase isn't doing it!
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Newbie
    I would have to vote for Surprise by Design as the absolute best design show on right now. Robert and Rebecca seem like they are having a great time -- the HO and all the friends recruited to help out seem like they are having a blast. Robert and Rebecca each seem to care about whether or not the HOs will like the final design. And they do it all in 8 hours!!!!

I'm starting to watch more of the shows on HGTV, and I'm starting to become more impressed with the craftsmanship and quality that the designers on those shows provide for homeowners (even on low budgets, like Design on a Dime) as opposed to the work done on TS and WYWO.

It seems like the TLC shows are really more for entertainment value and dramatics, and I'm not sure that the things they do will endure or be as liveable as the decoration on the HGTV shows. I'm getting fed up with the gimmicky stuff, especially on TS. I would like to slap Hilde, for starts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only person I'd trust from TS in my home is Vern.

One sow that I do like that I believe is Canadian is Home To Go.

It gives practical advice and great projects for people who are currently renting and want to improve their place without spending a lot of money.

With some obvious exceptions, the projects are portable so they can be taken to the next place the person lives in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread