View Poll Results: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Changing Rooms

16 13.33%
  • Trading Spaces

43 35.83%
  • While You Were Out

15 12.50%
  • Christopher Lowell

0 0%
  • Designer's Challenge

9 7.50%
  • Designing for the Sexes

3 2.50%
  • Ground Force

4 3.33%
  • Other

30 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I love Ground Force too. You can just feel the chemistry among them. I think Charlie is so cool and she works her butt off while having a good time doing it.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Re: Trading Spaces - The Designers

Originally posted by FaTeke
    So who is your favorite and least favorite designer on Trading Spaces and Changing Rooms?

Favorite:
    Trading Spaces = Vern Yip hands down. I have yet to see a room he did that I wouldn't love to have and he's friendly and listens to his team.

Changing Rooms = Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen. I love his flamboyant style although I don't always love his rooms. There is not one stand out designer on CR for me I like most of them.

Least Favorite:
    Trading Spaces = Again, hands down, Douglas Wilson. So far I haven't seen a single room he has done that I would stand for. Most of them suck so bad I feel pain for the home owners. Plus he is a jerk to his team mates and will NOT listen to anything they have to say about his design. Its his way or the highway and that takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. I like the team mates having a say in the design. It gives them more of a feel of accomplishment or shame in the end. LOL

Changing Rooms = Again, hands down, no question, didn't even have to think about it. Oliver Heath. He's a nice guy and I don't have any personal problems with him. I just hate every room I've seen him do. And I don't mean I just didn't like them, I hated them. Yuck.
    FaTeke, replace Douglas with Hilde and your list is exactly the same the same as mine!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by skywisej
    On another note: I've seen Anna Bocci in at least 4 commericals that air on a regular basis! It's sorta funny!
    She's making her comeback! No doubt she'll be gracing the red carpet at Cannes next year!

changing rooms is my favorite decorating show. i love love love laurence and all of his rooms as well as graham. i also love how its only 1/2 hr which means i don't have to wait long for the reveal.

i also love ts and vern is the man.
    Breast Cancer Survivor

I personally like Ground Force the best, the whole crew is awesome. Great ideas and tips, I am trying to change my garden to something I'd see them doing, more like an outdoors living space.

Also, I quite like Weekend Warriors, another show I have real life use for, how to tackle (or not to tackle) tasks we would need to do in our house.

Changing Rooms is another BBC show I watch, I even used to tape some of the best episodes to remember the designs.

Has anyone seen the new show "Monster House" on Discovery? They took a house and made it for Race fans. They have one week to totally re-do the house.

The kitchen was pretty awesome (if you are a race fan). They made the kitchen counter out of tool boxes and put in an awesome exhaust fan with pull down tools - water, egg beaters etc. They made the kitchen table out of a hood of a car that would go back up on the wall with a push of a button. Made stools out of tires.

The kids room was pretty cool too. They made a couch out of the back half of a car. They put a flat screen TV on the wall. The bed in the master bedroom could be lifted with air.

They also made the guys recliner into a racer. It could go up to 30 mph's.

Every man's dream to ride the easy chair over to the neighbors for beer and a good race on the flat screen!!!

I don't get Discovery, but I saw a trailer for the show the other day and I'm really hoping a Canadian channel will decide to air the episodes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Taz
    Susie

We saw that show yesterday morning. It was awesome. I said "how can i get them to come do our house" lol. I think tonight, they are doing another one Hawaiian style, if i remember correctly. It looked pretty neat too.

Watched the Hawaiian episode of Monster House last night Taz. Didn't like it near as much as the Race Car House though. I think the Tiki God fire breathing, fogging, glowing fireplace was a little to much for me.

Still, I would love for them to come do my house!!

Taz
    yah, i liked the racing one better. Course, since we are big Nascar fans, it makes sense

+ Reply to Thread