View Poll Results: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Changing Rooms

16 13.33%
  • Trading Spaces

43 35.83%
  • While You Were Out

15 12.50%
  • Christopher Lowell

0 0%
  • Designer's Challenge

9 7.50%
  • Designing for the Sexes

3 2.50%
  • Ground Force

4 3.33%
  • Other

30 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

FORT Fogey
    Trading Spaces is my overall favorite.

However, my single favorite episode of any show was the While You Were Out "New Jersey Azalea Lane."

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/wy...pisode_03.html

Everything on this episode clicked and it featured ultra-cute Anna Bocci as host as well as the lovely Chayse Dacoda.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I like CR and TS. I can never find out when CR is on, or it's at a bad time to watch .
    Of course I could be lazy . I like both shows , but Carol is the best host.

I didn't start watching While you were out til Anna beast was canned for her annoying voice.
    Theresa doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out ....

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I like Trading Spaces but only because Changing Rooms is a half-hour show. I need to get more into the show and an hour gets me more involved with the home owners.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by enygma
    I didn't start watching While you were out til Anna beast was canned for her annoying voice.
    Theresa doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out ....
    The real story is that Anna left of her own volition when she wanted to take time off to start a family.

Hmmm, that's not the version I heard.

I heard a netwrok source say that she proved not to be a good fit for the show as she was unaware of the amount of travellig she'd have to do.
    I guess that would fit in with the idea that she was looking to spend more time at home and start a family though
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by fluff
    Hmmm, that's not the version I heard.

I heard a netwrok source say that she proved not to be a good fit for the show as she was unaware of the amount of travellig she'd have to do.
    I guess that would fit in with the idea that she was looking to spend more time at home and start a family though
    Aren't we saying the same thing, fluff?

I've since seen Anna Bocci in at least one commercial and hopefully she'll have a show again really soon on TLC or another channel.

She was so funny and vibrant. Well, for that one episode anyway.

I'm sorry, Deep Dish, I have to agree with Enygma. I found Anna Bocci to be the single most annoying personality I've ever seen on TV, with that high-pitched Minnie-Mouse-on-helium-voice and her spastic little girl act. I enjoy WYWO now, only because they replaced her with Teresa Strasser.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Decorating Cents (with Joan Steffen). Hey, it's cool to see what they can do with $500!

Designing for the Sexes (love Michael Payne; I e-mailed him once and he E-MAILED BACK, very polite, very kind)

And I love that new Organizing show on HGTV. Totally cool.

And of course all the ones listed here already.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Newbie

Trading Spaces - The Designers

So who is your favorite and least favorite designer on Trading Spaces and Changing Rooms?

Favorite:
    Trading Spaces = Vern Yip hands down. I have yet to see a room he did that I wouldn't love to have and he's friendly and listens to his team.

Changing Rooms = Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen. I love his flamboyant style although I don't always love his rooms. There is not one stand out designer on CR for me I like most of them.

Least Favorite:
    Trading Spaces = Again, hands down, Douglas Wilson. So far I haven't seen a single room he has done that I would stand for. Most of them suck so bad I feel pain for the home owners. Plus he is a jerk to his team mates and will NOT listen to anything they have to say about his design. Its his way or the highway and that takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. I like the team mates having a say in the design. It gives them more of a feel of accomplishment or shame in the end. LOL

Changing Rooms = Again, hands down, no question, didn't even have to think about it. Oliver Heath. He's a nice guy and I don't have any personal problems with him. I just hate every room I've seen him do. And I don't mean I just didn't like them, I hated them. Yuck.

Should be a fun conversation.
    Later all.

"So shines a good deed in a wear world."
    Willy Wonka

Well, I voted for CR, but I feel bad that Ground Force doesn't have any votes, because I love that show too! I was torn on which to vote for and now I wish I had voted differently.

On another note: I've seen Anna Bocci in at least 4 commericals that air on a regular basis! It's sorta funny!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

+ Reply to Thread