+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Favorite Person on Trading Spaces

I agree about Laurie and tthe ceiling fans for sure.
    I do usually like her rooms, but find it quite ridiculous how much of her budget is spent on fabrics.
    She regularly spends half, when all she is making is a pair of drapes and some pillows.

I also feel she just makes too many pillows and uses too nmany fabrics for them quite often just because the fabrics contain the same colours.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Amy Wynn shows a lot of class amid a bunch of camera-hog designers...
    Amy Wynn is great but sometimes I get the impression she would rather not interact with the homeowners most of the time. She's friendly enough, but just so, like in a "don't touch my tools" way.

FORT Newbie
    I've liked at least one room from all the designers, but the only one I would trust in my house is Laurie. Vern lost my trust when he hung the fish from the ceiling!!!!what was he thinking?? (what a pain to change the water and feed the fish)But at least it wouldn't cost too much to change that. When Hildi stapled 4000 silk flowers to the bathroom wall so she wouldn't have to take down the wallpaper, I was in disbelief (and painted the perfectly good cabinets gold) The homeowners probably had to pay more than a $1000 to redo the room.

I absolutely LOVE Doug and Vern...and Ty is pretty cool too. I have yet to see a Doug or Vern room that I dont like!! i love them all! and when Doug fights with the homeowners its very funny! Vern has an awesome sense of style and color. Hildie and Kia scare me though, I would hate for them to do my home!

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    I like Vern! He is consistently excellent! He never disappoints me! Go Vern!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I love Vern and find it very telling that the homeowners are never worried when they find out that Vern will be doing their homes.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina
    I've liked at least one room from all the designers, but the only one I would trust in my house is Laurie. Vern lost my trust when he hung the fish from the ceiling!!!!what was he thinking?? (what a pain to change the water and feed the fish)But at least it wouldn't cost too much to change that. When Hildi stapled 4000 silk flowers to the bathroom wall so she wouldn't have to take down the wallpaper, I was in disbelief (and painted the perfectly good cabinets gold) The homeowners probably had to pay more than a $1000 to redo the room.
    I agree about Hildie, but I thought Vern's fish were kind of cool. He said that the plant would provide the food. Plus, the rest of the room was great! If all I had to worry about was replacing those in maybe a month or even more, I would have been thrilled.

I like that Vern may go just a little out there here and there, but the rest of the room is great. I like Laurie but her rooms typically feel too safe and conventional -- if there is a big dramatic change it is the carpentry. I often like Doug's and Genevieve's rooms, but I don't like it when they go too far out there, which is probably too often.

Still better than Hildie who is never toned down and Kia whose rooms don't even look like a pro stepped foot in the room.

FORT addict
    i ALWAYS like vern's designs, but geniveve has some pretty good ones too.

id be scared if hilde or frank were going to do one of my rooms. though i wouldnt mind working with either of them because they seem pretty cool. ty is also my favorite carpenter, but i do think amy wynn is cool. i dont like that new guy, carter i think his name is.

Hi, all!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Paige yet. I think she's AWESOME!

I would watch TS with my younger sister when Alex McLeod was on. I thought it was ok. But when Paige started to host the show, I actually took notice and realised how much FUN the show was!

She just brings this sincere excitement and and natural energy (and to clarify, I'm a woman, so it's not because I think she's "hot," although I do think she's a very attractive person in general). She has such a friendly rapport with the designers and the homeowners.\

But she's not just all smiles and giggles. If she doesn't like something, or if something is starting to worry her, she'll speak up. She's usually on the homeowner's side when things go wrong, but she's always so positive no matter what happens.

I've seen older episodes with Alex during re-runs, and it just seems so dull. Paige gave the show the personality it needed and I think she helped make TS the hit that it is.

Way to go, Paige!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    This isn't easy to do.....but if our place was one of the two in trading spaces the carpenter would have to be Amy.....the others play to the camera at the expense of taking measurements...and in the case of Ty his new found sense of humor doesnt help.

We wouldnt want Doug....he almost saved his reputation in the frat houses.....but failed miserably at the bar in which he covered it with flashing and the flowers on the wall weren't cheap just low budget.....it looked awful....so I'd have to say not Hildi either.

Frank ....or Vern would be our best bets.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678