Closed Thread
Page 6 of 1449 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Model Shows Outside the U.S.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    If this shoot was for the American version, Jay would ask them to wear glittery clown make-up while dodging arrows.

Oh 'tis not fair! The Ozzies get the cream, and we get the chaff. (I mean both in terms of models and photoshoots.) I like Sam, Atong and Gemma's horsey pics. Zoe is a goddess crafted out of alabaster. The lighting seems surreal. It's all in all, uber-nice.

FORT Fogey
    Im really not impressed with any of these girls. I think Trya's picks are much better.

OK guys I'll be the first one to give a small personal review of every photo:

The way that horse was edited in every picture is totally wrong. I wish Chloe's, Sam's, Zoe's, Shannon's and Simmone's picture had the same format as Allana's, Atong's and Gemma's.

This is the feeling I get from each photo:
    Allana: This picture has the right proportion of everything and I'm loving it (wish I had the HQ). Allana looks shy and curious at the same time. The only picture that contains a specific movement (looks like the girl is riding that pony really fast).
    Atong: Chill out pose, kind of surprised. Great look and styling (the skin is amazing and somehow weird but in a good way). Reminds me of Alek.
    Chloe: Looks like she's waking up, I don't like the fact, that there's no horse visible.
    Sam: I love Sam's picture very sensual, playful and erotic at the same time. Then again 30% of the horse doesn't do much for me.
    Zoe: Sad, emotional or lovestruck? No horse visible.
    Shannon: Her picture is really scary, no legs she looks amputated. I can't translate the facial expression though.
    Simmone: Just being pretty on a big rock. I don't like it!
    Gemma: Great, looks like she's about to jump of that horse. Very free spirited and adventurous.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Zoe's picture is by far the best. Simple yet sexy. The horse is barely visible, but she's doing a riding posing, so the concept isn'st wasted. The lighting and shadows are perfect.

CCL
    It's weird to judge the photo without watching the models-in-training on the show too. I guess, though, that the opinion is less tainted that way...

Allana: Don't really like Allana's. Her face is half-obscured. She kind of reminds me of Mary on Little House on the Prairie - she looks like she is blind and not used to her surroundings, like someone has just picked her up and placed her on the horse.
    Atong: Don't like the pose. Her yellow bunched skirt-thing & leg position makes her look she is an amputee. Her skin is a lovely colour though.
    Chloe: Reminds me of rapture, like she is receiving some divine essence. I like this photo.
    Sam: Sam's photo is all right but her face looks kind of blank (can't tell really well because the picture is small). The position is interesting but also makes her midsection look a bit weird. Still, it's an interesting photo. I'd give it a thumbs up. (By the way, Sam's swimsuit photo reminds me of Shannon from season 1 of ANTM)
    Zoe: Zoe's is gorgeous. Her hair looks all wild & free. She looks like she is reining her horse in, looking back wistfully at her lover.
    Shannon: I love her face. I get what Milay says about the leg though.
    Simmone: She looks very awkward. Thumbs down.
    Gemma: " Great, looks like she's about to jump of that horse. Very free spirited and adventurous. "- Yeah, what Milay said.

Thanks for naming them for me, Milay. So was Nicole the one eliminated?
    PS: I'd put most of the blame for the composition (cutting the horse to look like a big hairy rock) on the photographer, not the model.

1. Zoe: Love love love! She looks like a beautiful, mysterious heroine riding across the moors.
    2. Chloe: Nice expression. I think Chloe's looks is very old-fashioned in a pretty way, which suits this shoot, though I didn't even recognize her here! She really transforms on film.
    3. Sam: I'm not fond of her face on video, but this girl can take a good picture.
    4. Allana: Well, cheers for yet again not looking FHM in picture. The face peeking from behind the hair makes for an okay photograph. Left arm could be doing something.
    5. Gemma: The windblown look is nice, but what is her arm doing up there? I don't get it. Every move should have conviction.
    6. Shannon: The pose is okay, but the face has expression but is a little harsh.
    7. Atong: I think the pose is extremely awkward for horseback, and it attracts the eye straight to the crotch. But, wow, her skin is amazing. Atong does remind me of Alex!
    8. Simmone: Yikes... awkward. "Can I get off of here now?"

I love the editorial style, the clothes, the horse, the wind and smoke and colors, but overall I wouldn't be too keen on the final result if it weren't for Zoe's. Just as an experiment, I would love to see the ANTM3 girls do this shoot and Australia's girls do one of the clown shoots.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Thanks for naming them for me, Milay. So was Nicole the one eliminated?
    Nicole was the one eliminated, as per the AusNTM website.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Nicole was the one eliminated, as per the AusNTM website.
    Yes she was, I saw the show via web-cam! Her picture was amazing!
    Who's going next guys? Allana, Shannon or Sam?

CCL you were spot on about the resemblance between Sam's swimsuit and Shannon (America'sNTM1).

I too wish the Americans would do more fashionesque shoots, but we have to realise that the most of the American public doesn't appriciate the art side of fashion. To some its just "Hot Chicks! Spiders! Diamonds! Cool!

Anyways: I thought this shoot was really cool. The whole feel is so creepy. I love it

Here is who i critique them (I hope I get their names right)

Allana:
    She looks very out of place in this shot. Someone said she looked like a blind girl who was thrown thown on a horse, and got her picture taken. I dont like how her hair is in her face, it makes weird shadows.
    Atong: I agree with Salome, the first thing you see is crotch. I kind of like the sort of laid back pose on the horse. Looks very lazy (good thing). Her skin is so smoky and wonderful!
    Chloe: I dont like her dress, doesn't really fit the theme. All of the other look kind of 19th century. Her pose doesn't do much for me. Meh.
    Sam: Her pose is very appealing. I love the lazy . The bulge is a bit nasté but the overall is good.
    Zoe: So beautiful! Looks like she looking back at her forlorn lover ! This looks like a real ad!
    Shannon: I actually really like this shot aswell. Her expression is very intruiging. She does, however, appear to have no lower body
    Simmone: Ack (Theres gotta be atleast one in every shoot ) Her facial expression is like "I really wanna get down from here." She doesn't even appear to be on a horse, more like a big furry rock.
    Gemma: Erm, I like the overall impression of the photo, very free spirited, but I dont like the way her face looks. It looks kind of haggard in weird to me.

Closed Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
  2. 04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
  3. 04-22-2007, 02:00 PM
  4. 04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
  5. 04-05-2007, 05:07 AM
  6. 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
  7. 04-04-2007, 08:55 AM
  8. 04-04-2007, 01:19 AM
  9. 04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
  10. 03-31-2007, 06:47 AM