Closed Thread
Page 4 of 1449 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Model Shows Outside the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Atong seems to have signed with Vivien's Model Management. Check out her card on their website: http://www.viviensmodels.com.au/home.asp

You can see the horse photoshoot there - it is BEAUTIFUL!

I hope that doesn't indicate she will be leaving soon - I would be very disappointed
    Please don't post spoilers! It's not fun for people who don't want to be spoiled, I really want to enjoy watching the episodes without any pre-speculations and then being able to discuss them here is what makes it worth it! Thank you!

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    Please don't post spoilers! It's not fun for people who don't want to be spoiled, I really want to enjoy watching the episodes without any pre-speculations and then being able to discuss them here is what makes it worth it! Thank you!
    Ohh I feel so stupid
    I am incrediably sorry everyone! I'm going to report my post so maybe one of the mods can remove it!

Sorry again

I'm likin' Gemma, Shannon, Simmone, and Zoe. I need a couple more episodes to decide whose names are gonna be my top 2 posted below...

want top model
    love top model
    need top model
    gimmie more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Ohh I feel so stupid
    I am incrediably sorry everyone! I'm going to report my post so maybe one of the mods can remove it!

Sorry again
    Hehe I dont think it's that big of a deal! I doubt it has anything to do with her elimination!

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I find it soooo strange how fans of ANTM react so favorably to the Aussie version. I'm Australian, and I find the Americans girls and the actual show far superior. There's more variety in looks, and I prefer that they go for the more mature women look rather than the teenage girl look the modeling world seems to crave. Face-wise, the Americans were prettier.

Production wise, the show suffers budget wise. The house drama comes off as lame, Erika needs work on her hosting skills, and the judging panel was not as entertaining as yank counterpart.

On a good note, the pictures were pretty good. One of the things I hated about the American photos was the fact that Jay always framed every picture with boring center compositions.

Atong's my favorite, but her skin is so dark. In most shots, her fine facial features are barely visible, and in the group shot with Erika, I had to look really hard to find her.

Awww, I wish I could watch the Aussie Top Model show. *pouts* At least I have you guys to keep me abreast of the series!

I have lots to catch up on, it seems, but my first impression from the pics I've seen have Zoe as my standout favorite.

Thanks for all the pics and updates everybody!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    Production wise, the show suffers budget wise. The house drama comes off as lame, Erika needs work on her hosting skills, and the judging panel was not as entertaining as yank counterpart.
    I was laughing at the way they raved about the "penthouse" with the military-style bunk beds, and oh my God, it's running water!

Negatives: But the house doesn't matter. I guess the problem is there's no invention; this version is nicking everything from America's. The editing of the drama is poor - many fights, no apparent storyline or character development. And there's no bizarreness, little humor. I agree that few of the girls seem to have that special beauty.

Positives: The show is more professional when it comes to the modeling. I think Erika is a good host. The judges are not critical verging on cruel. The styling of the photo shoot was nice. There are no obviously weak contestants (think Bethany, Leah, et al.), but the first cut made sense.

On another topic, I can't believe Zoe is 63 kilos! How tall is she? Over six feet?

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    I have several questions about A(ustrailia's)NTM:
    What are the girls like? Whos the b*tch etc., What are they doing next week?
    What are the judges like? Who did they like most/least?
    I don't think there is really a bitch role given to any of the girls yet, although last episode Allana and Nicole (Nicole sticking up for Allana) did a lot of the screaming. The house seems to already be divided with girls on sides against each other. Gemma and Allana do not get along at all and the girls on Gemma's side don't seem to like Allana either. They made a lot of comments on how fake Allana is (boobs, nails, hair, etc).

Chloe is very quiet, and the last photographer said that he had to push Chloe more than the other girls to get a good shot. She didn't want to share a room with Sam because she said that Sam really intimidates her and she thinks Sam intimidates all the girls but Chloe had to end up sharing a room with her anyway. The photographer really liked Gemma, loved the intensity in her eyes, and it looked like she was having no problems at all giving it to him. I think he said that Allana was beautiful except she poses too much. I don't really remember anything else at the moment.

Nicole was in the bottom 2 with Naomi because people think that Nicole has an eating disorder (she is very thin but swears it is natural). The judges let Nicole stay though because they said they saw more potential in her than Naomi since Naomi was the shortest girl. They said they want to help get Nicole to a healthy weight.

The judges don't really like Sam, they say she's too commercial, but they all agree she wants to win it the most. The judges like (correct me if I'm wrong) Gemma, Allana (although it seems like she has the worst runway walk), Shannon, Chloe, and I'm pretty sure Atong and Zoe although they want Zoe to add some more fire in her eyes. I don't remember the rest off the top of my head.

Next week, the girls do a photoshoot on a horse. And I think it's the make over episode as well although maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, that's all I can remember about the last episode. I'm sure if I forget anything or made a mistake, someone else can add on.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Hehe I dont think it's that big of a deal! I doubt it has anything to do with her elimination!
    I don't know if you're watching the show but for those who are, it's a big spoiler (what modeling agency the girl gets a contract with and what photo shoot looks like has a lot to do with the spoiler).

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    On another topic, I can't believe Zoe is 63 kilos! How tall is she? Over six feet?

Zoe: 183cm(6 )/63kg, Sim: 173cm(5.8)/53kg, Shan: 173cm(5.8)/51kg, Sam: 176cm(5.9)/53kg, Nicole: 178,5cm(5.11)/50kg (Something like Elyse), Naomi: 169,5cm/48kg, Gemma: 177,5cm(5.10)/55kg, Chloe: 173cm(5.8)/55kg, 177cm( 5.10)/54kg, Allana: 177cm (5.10)/61kg.

Salome I hope it helps!

I loved the house. Bright and simple colors - didn't like the circus theme of America'sNTM apartment (very kitsch and untasteful). Not every model gets to live that luxurious at her/his start.

This being the first episode I thought that the production team did well with editing. Allana being the popular cheerleader, always attending the A list parties, Chloe being the shy musician one, Gemma being the bitchy, model with experience one, Nicole skinny - Shandi one with a bad confidence etc. Sam has to be Camilla's twin, Sim is somehow like Norelle making jokes (I was the only blond - before the other blond told me ). Zoe reminds me of Adrianne very natural and freespirited ("Everybody seems to be very neat down there and I'm a la naturelle" ) I think I'll enjoy this show more than America'sNTM 2+3.

CCL
    Aw, I wish I could actually watch the show. *Joins Snowflake in pouting.* But if those who have seen it can keep the rest of us abreast with the details that would be good.

Closed Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
  2. 04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
  3. 04-22-2007, 01:00 PM
  4. 04-07-2007, 11:09 PM
  5. 04-05-2007, 04:07 AM
  6. 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
  7. 04-04-2007, 07:55 AM
  8. 04-04-2007, 12:19 AM
  9. 04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
  10. 03-31-2007, 05:47 AM