+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Profiles from the Front Line, Episode 3

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Profiles from the Front Line, Episode 3

From the ABC official site:

"Episode 103" - Members of the 3rd Special Forces Group discover rockets aimed at the U.S. airbase in Orgun, Afghanistan, and pursue a risky search for those who attempted to fire the explosive devices at the base's ammunition dump. Meanwhile, members of the 19th Special Forces Group hunt down the hijackers of fuel trucks headed for Chapman Airfield in Khost, in "Profiles from the Front Line."

Members of the 3rd Special Forces Group operating near Orgun set out on a mission to neutralize a terror threat directed at Camp Harriman, a U.S. airbase. Security forces uncover four rockets that someone attempted to fire at the base, where a huge cache of captured munitions and weaponry is stored. As security tightens, a man is caught planting an anti-tank mine at a downtown music store.

Meanwhile, at Chapman Airfield, members of the 19th Special Forces Group search for five suspected bandits or Al Qaeda who hijacked U.S. fuel trucks. Company commander Major Randy, who in civilian life is an assistant police chief and a former SWAT team commander, leads the team. A 21-year military veteran and the father of four, Major Randy's grandfather was from Afghanistan. The team learns from two of the captured suspects the whereabouts of the three others -- the home of a former Al Qaeda commander. Then the team performs a perilous search of the suspects' hideout.

The cameras follow Major Gerard Curran, MD, 44th Medical Brigade, as he takes care of between 1,500 to 3,000 base personnel, as well as providing humanitarian aid to local Afghans. A board-certified emergency physician, Curran is a Kings Park, New York, native and is assigned to the 261st Medical Battalion in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The major was awarded his second Bronze Star for Meritorious Achievement while in a combat zone for his service.

On the Arabian Sea, Navy pilot Lt. Brian Sinclair flies an S3 Viking refueling plane from the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy. Sinclair, called a "nugget" by his shipmates because it is his first tour, carries out the extremely hazardous operation of refueling fighter jets in mid-air. "Profiles" cameras are there for dramatic coverage of the most dangerous aspect of carrier service -- night operations.

And Private First Class Matthew Acosta, a military photojournalist, attempts to capture on film the true nature of the local people, and the roles the U.S. military is playing in the war on terrorism.

The program uses footage primarily shot by its renowned team of filmmakers, but also uses materials provided by the Department of Defense.

"Profiles From the Front Line" was created by Bertram van Munster. Jerry Bruckheimer, van Munster and Jonathan Littman are the executive producers, and Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer David Hume Kennerly is the co-executive producer.

This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline and is broadcast with video description.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I am really looking forward to this show, especially since I was cheated out of Episode 2.

So far, my ABC local station still has it on the schedule in it's regular time slot of Thursday at 8 pm ET.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

LG.
    let's hope it stays there, BF. :crossesfingers
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, yeah BF will not be a happy if the local station pulls another stunt like that again.

It shows on my local guide that it will air at it's normal time this Thursday. No more speeches, Dubya!

Well my local station removing it had nothing to do with the President's speech. I had looked at my Tivo "to do" list earlier in the week before the speech even was announced, and noticed that it was not on on Thursday but would be taping it on Saturday at noon. Which was a bummer, but I thought...well at least I get to see it. (my local ABC station said it was airing "Driven" in that timeslot - but they actually ended up airing Billy Graham)

Then on Friday or early Saturday I checked the listings again and noticed they replaced the PFFL with a rerun of "The Family".

I think they were doing it just to annoy me.

Cool! It was on tonight. I taped it so I'll be watching it tomorrow.

Me too Wolf! I was in a lousy mood last night, so I decided to wait until this evening.

+ Reply to Thread