+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Living with Ed - HGTV

Living with Ed - HGTV

Is anyone else out there watching these show? I watched the first two eposides and thought it was very funny. Ed Begley Jr. is like this ultra environmentalist and his wife had to endure all of his antics. It airs Sundays at 10PM but I just TIVO it b/c I am not going to stay up that late to watch it.
    Holla back!

Yeah, I caught the first episodes they showed last weekend. Didn't plan to watch it, as the previews/ads didn't look that interesting, but I had the channel on in the background as I was doing something, so ended up watching or listening to the episodes. I'm not sure how many episodes are planned, but I can't really see that it would be that interesting for very many episodes, since they all come down to the same thing by the end of the half hour -- his extremism and her attempts to live with them.

It was ok. I'm glad to see that in spite of the big differences between them in living-style expectations that they obviously love each other and have found some way to compromise in most situations. And I can admire Ed for what he's trying to do for the eco situation in the world. However, I have to say he's a bit selfish in many ways, also. I don't think it would kill him to give in to the wife's reasonable requests now and then. If I were his wife and he stood outside the shower with a stopwatch, calling out the time to me every 30 seconds or so that I'd been in there, I'd be terribly tempted to drown him in one of his rain gutter barrells. And it wouldn't kill him to let her buy some updated kitchen appliances that are energy saving. And I'm sorry, but riding a stationary bicycle for 2 hours to make 2 pieces of toast is something my hubby wouldn't dare ask me to do every morning. :nono

I think Ed could compromise more and still be true to his eco-goals and missions. He's a very lucky man to have that particular wife, imho.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I tuned in because I love Ed Begley Jr. Must tune out because of his annoying wife, who mugs for the camera and "acts" her part. Too bad. He's still a cutie, though.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2206855;
    I tuned in because I love Ed Begley Jr. Must tune out because of his annoying wife, who mugs for the camera and "acts" her part. Too bad. He's still a cutie, though.
    She is, after all, an actress too, lol. They both "act their part" for the cameras. And I'd turn into an "annoying wife" too if I had to put up with all the stuff Ed puts her through. As I've said before, he's a lucky man to have a wife who loves him enough to put up with all that. Hopefully he appreciates that.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread