+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2225099;
    I'm really saddened by the fact that I am learning to dislike Randy Owen.
    He seems like a bitter old man, if you ask me. What's up with that?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    What was bad was that both Zac and Angela made comments about not liking their songs!!! Don't you know that after Zac got ripped, Angela was just sitting there thinking to herself "Oh Lordy if I make it I'm going to be ripped on too because I made the same comments!"

I honestly think they didn't come down as hard on Angela because they really like her singing....Zac has David as serious male competition but I don't think Angela has any female competition!

And yeah, I agree with not having love for Randy....I hope they don't bring him back next year!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    So has anyone been able to find out what happened with DirecTV's broadcast of Nashville Star last night? USA was the only channel that went out and it came back on after the show was over.

I've not seen anything yet, but surely this problem has to be addressed in terms of how it may affect voting...

Actually, 241 went out as well, but both of them came back immediately at 11pm EST. It was odd.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2225140;
    Actually, 241 went out as well, but both of them came back immediately at 11pm EST. It was odd.
    Didn't notice 241 being out, I just checked a few of the others I watch, 202, 280, 206, and realized they were all on, so I just assumed it was a DirecTV/USA problem.

Was this across the board or only a more regional problem? And will the USA network do something because of the potential impact?

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I agree, it wasn't Zac's best performance. But what were they thinking, choosing that one for him? It just didn't suit him at all, although I thought he really brought it home at the end. I can't help but be reminded of Taylor when I hear Zac's whiskey voice. Anyway, I thought it was funny that both Zac and Angela both made remarks about not liking their choice. It's a good lesson for them to learn, I guess. Like the judges said, you don't always get to pick out what you want to record (or wear, like Blake said) you have people trying to pick out what might work for you and you have to have faith that they may be right. I still gave all my votes to the Hackers. But David definitely upped the competition...he did a great job. But how unfair that that was a song he's already been performing for 10 years!!

And what the heck was Jewel singing?? That was hideous. I was cringing the entire time.

Saw Bo...I thought that was him. They showed him from a few rows back. He had on a hat, looking very good!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2225176;
    I agree, it wasn't Zac's best performance. But what were they thinking, choosing that one for him? It just didn't suit him at all, although I thought he really brought it home at the end. I can't help but be reminded of Taylor when I hear Zac's whiskey voice. Anyway, I thought it was funny that both Zac and Angela both made remarks about not liking their choice. It's a good lesson for them to learn, I guess. Like the judges said, you don't always get to pick out what you want to record (or wear, like Blake said) you have people trying to pick out what might work for you and you have to have faith that they may be right. I still gave all my votes to the Hackers. But David definitely upped the competition...he did a great job. But how unfair that that was a song he's already been performing for 10 years!!

And what the heck was Jewel singing?? That was hideous. I was cringing the entire time.

Saw Bo...I thought that was him. They showed him from a few rows back. He had on a hat, looking very good!
    I think it was a little unfair because, and I didn't think of it until last night as I was watching David, the judges could actually effect the outcome by giving one person a good song to sing and another person a crappy song to sing.

I thought the blonde guy was awful, but the judges gushed like he was the next... oh somebody!

I'll have to wait until Saturday to catch the rest of the show I wasn't able to see last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2225129;
    So has anyone been able to find out what happened with DirecTV's broadcast of Nashville Star last night? USA was the only channel that went out and it came back on after the show was over.

I've not seen anything yet, but surely this problem has to be addressed in terms of how it may affect voting...
    I've been wondering too what happened to my directv. This happened last week as well on AI. I didn't so much care about that because it ws just the crappy auditions, but with Nashville Star I really wanted to see the performances. I didn't know they replayed it later, or I could have TIVO'd it :/

I haven't been voting anyhow, so that aspect doesn't matter to me, but surely it affected the votes, so how can they not deal with it in some manner?

FORT Fan
    In canada you cna't vote but atleast we got to see the show this week without interruptions. Frankly, the producers seem to do whatever they want with the votes. How the hey did Angela Hacker come in second last after her fantastic performance last week. Nashville Star has a forum thread called "The Show is Rigged". The songs chosen for the Hackers this week seemed a rather blatant move to take attention away from them ( not that their comments helped but...)

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2225108;
    What was bad was that both Zac and Angela made comments about not liking their songs!!! Don't you know that after Zac got ripped, Angela was just sitting there thinking to herself "Oh Lordy if I make it I'm going to be ripped on too because I made the same comments!"

I honestly think they didn't come down as hard on Angela because they really like her singing....Zac has David as serious male competition but I don't think Angela has any female competition!

And yeah, I agree with not having love for Randy....I hope they don't bring him back next year!

The judges couldn't come down too hard on Angela as even though she personally hated the song, she didn't sing it like she hated it. If she had performed like Zac I am sure they would have reamed her for it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread