+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fan
    Anyone else see the ressemblance between Josh and Arnold Schvarzenneger?
    Still cheering for Angela Hacker.
    Last edited by augie; 02-02-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Right...I saw Bo tonight at the end of The Wreckers performance. Was nice to see him again.

As for my rankings:

1.) Angela - I hope she wins the whole thing. Normally I don't like female vocalists, but I make and exception in this case as I think her voice is spectacular.

2.) David St. Romain - I like the other two males more than him overall, but he was the better performer tonight.

3.) Josh Stevens - I think it was a middle of the road performance, but better than the other two.

4.) Zac - Now I like Zac, but you could tell that he didn't not like the song when he sang it and boy did that carry over into the performance big time.

5.) Whitney - I think that she is out of her league vocally and that she has been for a couple of weeks.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Damn! I missed seeing Bo! I must have looked away or got up to go in another room right then. Maybe they'll have him jump up on stage one night and jam with the band or something!

As much as I hate to say it...I will have to agree with your ranking. I really don't like putting Zac down in the bottom 2 but like you said, you really could tell he was not happy with his song (I thought he would have sounded great on David's Doobie Brothers song!). I thought Whitney sounded horrible and while Joshua seems like a really nice guy...I'm going to be very cliche and sound like some of those people in the AI threads but Joshua just doesn't look like a Nashville Star!!!!

I think the top 3 all the way around are Angela, David and Zac (and probably in that exact order too!)

Jewel's performance was a definite no-go for me tonight!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Trust me it pains me to put Zac that low as he is easily my favorite guy by a mile, but I just can't let than performance slide. Especially with the number of contestants being so small. You have to be on your game at all times.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Who was voted off the show last night, 1Feb07

I missed the show last night, who got voted off??

etmariner. If you miss a show and are looking for information, just scroll back through the show discussion posts first. The information you wanted is in post # 58.

FORT Fogey
    This will be an interesting week to see who gets voted out since many of us lost the show halfway through. Must have been DirecTV customers, but I wonder if it was all of us or just some of us. And since I wasn't able to stay up (11:00 pm was pushing it, anyway!), I wasn't able to see the second half of performers, so I couldn't vote by phone after the show, and I can judge on the performances of Angela or Whitney.

I have to say, David was good, but that isn't a truly country song. Zac's song was bad and I don't blame him for not liking it. I've never even heard the darn song and I wouldn't agree it was a good selection for Zac. And when the judges scolded him for making his feelings known and told him he would have to do what a producer said. I've heard lots of singers say they didn't like a particular song and either the producer gets them to do it anyway or they don't do it and someone else makes a hit out of it. Singing a song that you don't like just because someone tells you to sing it is tough. And besides, Zac won't be recording other people's songs, he's a songwriter, he'll be writing his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2225060;
    Zac's song was bad and I don't blame him for not liking it. I've never even heard the darn song and I wouldn't agree it was a good selection for Zac. And when the judges scolded him for making his feelings known and told him he would have to do what a producer said. I've heard lots of singers say they didn't like a particular song and either the producer gets them to do it anyway or they don't do it and someone else makes a hit out of it. Singing a song that you don't like just because someone tells you to sing it is tough. And besides, Zac won't be recording other people's songs, he's a songwriter, he'll be writing his own.
    Zac's song, "Something to Be Proud Of" was actually a #1 hit for Montgomery Gentry in 2005/2006.

And it's rare that a newbie writes all of his own songs out of the chute. I guarantee you that any recording company that (if) signs him will give him songs that they want him to sing. You suck it up and deal with it, but especially when at this stage you're just trying to GET a contract.

The voting is definitely going to be interesting this week with the DirecTv issue. I wonder if they address it?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2225065;
    Zac's song, "Something to Be Proud Of" was actually a #1 hit for Montgomery Gentry in 2005/2006.

And it's rare that a newbie writes all of his own songs out of the chute. I guarantee you that any recording company that (if) signs him will give him songs that they want him to sing. You suck it up and deal with it, but especially when at this stage you're just trying to GET a contract.

The voting is definitely going to be interesting this week with the DirecTv issue. I wonder if they address it?
    Well, I guess I don't listen to country music full-time and I never listen to Montgomery Gentry. I think I know who they are and I don't think I like anything they do, so that explains why I've never heard the song.

And I'm a big fan of borderline country people like Kim Richey and Nancie Griffith, people who write most, if not all, of the material appearing on their recordings.

And may I just add that Randy didn't make one mention of the considerable talent who wrote "I'm in a hurry." A very talented singer in his own right, who died in 2004. He also wrote "I guess it never hurts to hurt sometimes," a song recorded by the Oak Ridge Boys, but a wonderful song that also appeared on one of Randy Van Warmer's own recordings. And who can forget probably his best song, written when he was 18, "Just when I needed you most."

I'm really saddened by the fact that I am learning to dislike Randy Owen. That's just one of those things that I'd add to his list, Melsevene, I agree. Loved RVW's "just when i needed you most"... beautiful song even to this day.

I did think he was a bit harsh on Zac... but I understand the main point that when you're in this contest (and American Idol) you have to suck it up and just take what's given to you and make the best of it. You learn when to put your foot down and when not to, and on television while trying to win a contest, you just don't come off like a whiner.

Montgomery Gentry definitely appeals to a certain country audience and I can understand that you'd probably have turned the station if they had come on the radio. I do that with Brooks and Dunn... hate them.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread