+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

Anyone one catch this today yet? I am going to watching the second showing as I forgot I got this on EST.

I do like Jewel, I even have some of her cds, I just don't think she is the best host for the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Just went off here in CST...I watched it JLuvs....I was afraid to post anything in case it might spoil it for anyone......

Is it OK to post???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I would imagine so...since it has aired on the East Coast I don't think it would be considered a spoiler. When I came in here I thought I might be getting spoiled
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Dustin Wilkes was voted off tonight...it came down to him and Meg Allison. Dustin actually seemed kinda pissed about the whole thing too.

Before I forget, here are the numbers (and this was the order they found out they were staying!):

1-866-978-27

01-Joshua
    02-Whitney
    03-David
    04-Kacey
    05-Angela
    06-Zac
    07-Meg

Randy Owens was really brutal tonight....he was not nice at all to Meg or Kacey and he slightly ripped on Angela. Meg sung some song I didn't recognize (something about Atlanta) and Randy said he hadn't heard of that song and because she was in the bottom 2 she needed to sing something to the masses and he thought she was in trouble. Anastasia pretty much agreed with him too (but in a slightly nicer way). With Kacey, he ripped on her because she sung a Patsy Cline song and he said he didn't feel like she had experienced enough to really be able to sing it. Angela sung "When will I be loved" and he made the comment that every girl in a bar sings that song and she needed to pick something better.

Blake was his usual funny self...trying to make quips about stuff and keep it light.

My top 3 tonight were Zac, Angela and David (with Whitney running a close 4th tonight!).

BTW...Bo Bice was in the audience too!!!

Whitney Duncan's myspace:

MySpace

I think Randy Owen was pretty dead on with his comments, sometimes the truth is hard to hear.

Here is how I would rank them:

1. Angela
    2. Zac
    3. David St. Romain
    4. Meg Allison - I did not know her song either
    5. Joshua Stevens
    6. Whitney
    7. Kacey - I found her to be a little brutal on my ears tonight as I don't believe she was singing the right notes at parts
    Last edited by JLuvs; 01-19-2007 at 02:10 AM.
    -Bono

I love Meg's voice and I think she's a beautiful girl but like the judges said, she still looks a little awkward and scared on the stage.

My rankings would be (based on last night):
    Zac
    Angela
    David
    Whitney
    Meg
    Joshua
    Kacey

I agreed for the most part with Randy's comments but maybe it was the way he said them that came across as so mean. Even though I'm a Alabama (the group) fan, I don't like him as a judge. He's showing no personality and he doesn't smile....he doesn't seem like he's enjoying this!

I agree with you, bama... and on your rankings.

Kacey DID sound off last night and I had to laugh when Randy told her that she didnt have the experience to sing that song. "I've been cheated on!" she says earnestly. "Well it sure didn't look like it, you were smiling the entire time" says Randy. I agreed.

It reminded me of all of the criticism that Carrie Underwood received on AI about having vapid, emotionless eyes and not truly understanding the songs that she was singing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I was over on the site's message board and read that Bo was there last night...totally missed him! I'll have to see If I can spot him in the rerun. I thought the contestants were more at ease last night. I really liked the Hackers, Zac and Angela, and David too. Kacey and Meg...bleh, don't like em much yet. And what was that song Meg was singing? I like Randy Owen's "brutal" comments, I'd rather hear him speak the truth (as he sees it) than have him sugarcoat it with the contestants.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

They flashed to Bo in the audience near the beginning of the show texasgirl73...they never said anything about him being in the audience but just showed him.

He looked good too!

+ Reply to Thread