+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fan
    I'm with you, Mel. I'm disappointed that Zac didn't win and would buy his cd. And although I like Angela, I haven't heard anything from her that would persuade me to buy hers.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    First off, BIG congrats to Angela for winning!! She was my pick from the first to take it all. Having said that, Zac was always ranked right up there in my book and these past few weeks he did pull ahead of her imo. But I'm still so glad that she won. And the really great thing about it, I knew that no matter which Hacker won, the winner will help out the other in every way they can. Zac's gonna benefit somewhat also, besides having the awesome talent he has. Anyway, I'm looking forward to records from both of them.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Hometown paper......

Angela Hacker

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -In the end, it came down the way many people hoped it would, brother versus sister.

That’s exactly what happened early in the final episode of “Nashville Star” when David St. Romain, of Baton Rouge, La., was told he received the least votes of the final three contestants.

It would be another half hour before Zac and Angela Hacker stood side by side on stage, waiting to see who would be the next Nashville star.

In the end, the nod went to the performer who consistently received the most votes, Angela Hacker.

“I refused to believe I was going to be the one,” Hacker said after the ensuing hoopla. “I was really overwhelmed when she called out my name. I’m excited this has happened. I think it’s going to sink in some time.”

Hacker said she was very grateful to all the people in the Shoals who attended viewing and voting parties at local restaurants and clubs.

“I just want to say thank you,” She said. “I can’t say thank you enough.”

Angela Hacker said she will be ready to do whatever is necessary to fulfill the recording deal she receives for winning the contest.

“It can’t be any worse than any of the day jobs I’ve had,” she said.

The Hackers were originally part of the 20,000 hopefuls who auditioned for the chance to become the next big country star.

As the 2007 “Nashville Star” winner, Angela Hacker will receive a contract with Warner Bros. Records, a new Chevrolet Silverado pickup and a chance to perform on the Grand Ole Opry stage.

Their mother, Susan Hacker, watched as her son signed autograph after autograph. He did not appear disappointed with the outcome.

Susan Hacker said she was hoping it would come down to her son and daughter.
    “Neither one of them lost,” she said. “If anything, they’re both winners.”

Rick Hall, founder of FAME Recording Studios, was there to watch his songwriter become country music’s newest star.

“I think it says Muscle Shoals music is alive and well, and America loves what we’re doing,” Hall said.

Zac Hacker is signed to Rodney Hall’s company, House of FAME Publishing, in Muscle Shoals, while Angela Hacker is signed to his father’s company, Rick Hall Music.

There were several people in Thursday’s crowd from the Shoals. Ginger Craft, of Florence, came armed with a large sign that read “The City of Florence Loves the Hackers.” Another group held a sign that read “We’re the Hacker Backers.”

Before the show, Zac Hacker said it would be nice to get home and be able to relax and maybe find somewhere to play.

Backstage, the Hackers were animated and talkative and excited about the evening ahead, despite the fact that the voting is over and the night’s performances really didn’t matter.

St. Romain said Thursday’s performances were important because they will leave a lasting impression on the viewers.

The scene backstage was chaotic as the contestants mingled with family and friends, some they would see again and others they would not. The final show featured a reunion of the 10 original “Nashville Star” contestants. They joined Randy Owen, one of the shows three judges and founder of the award winning country group Alabama, for a performance of “Dixieland Delight.”

While the Hackers will get some time to come home and wind down and catch up with friends and family, they will be back on the road soon enough.

The four finalists will be going on tour from June to September.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -In the end, it came down the way many people hoped it would, brother versus sister.

That’s exactly what happened early in the final episode of “Nashville Star” when David St. Romain, of Baton Rouge, La., was told he received the least votes of the final three contestants.

It would be another half hour before Zac and Angela Hacker stood side by side on stage, waiting to see who would be the next Nashville star.

In the end, the nod went to the performer who consistently received the most votes, Angela Hacker.

“I refused to believe I was going to be the one,” Hacker said after the ensuing hoopla. “I was really overwhelmed when she called out my name. I’m excited this has happened. I think it’s going to sink in some time.”

Hacker said she was very grateful to all the people in the Shoals who attended viewing and voting parties at local restaurants and clubs.

Angela Hacker said she will be ready to do whatever is necessary to fulfill the recording deal she receives for winning the contest.

The Hackers were originally part of the 20,000 hopefuls who auditioned for the chance to become the next big country star.

As the 2007 “Nashville Star” winner, Angela Hacker will receive a contract with Warner Bros. Records, a new Chevrolet Silverado pickup and a chance to perform on the Grand Ole Opry stage.

Their mother, Susan Hacker, watched as her son signed autograph after autograph. He did not appear disappointed with the outcome.

Rick Hall, founder of FAME Recording Studios, was there to watch his songwriter become country music’s newest star.

“I think it says Muscle Shoals music is alive and well, and America loves what we’re doing,” Hall said.

Zac Hacker is signed to Rodney Hall’s company, House of FAME Publishing, in Muscle Shoals, while Angela Hacker is signed to his father’s company, Rick Hall Music.

There were several people in Thursday’s crowd from the Shoals. Ginger Craft, of Florence, came armed with a large sign that read “The City of Florence Loves the Hackers.” Another group held a sign that read “We’re the Hacker Backers.”

Before the show, Zac Hacker said it would be nice to get home and be able to relax and maybe find somewhere to play.

Backstage, the Hackers were animated and talkative and excited about the evening ahead, despite the fact that the voting is over and the night’s performances really didn’t matter.

St. Romain said Thursday’s performances were important because they will leave a lasting impression on the viewers.

The scene backstage was chaotic as the contestants mingled with family and friends, some they would see again and others they would not. The final show featured a reunion of the 10 original “Nashville Star” contestants. They joined Randy Owen, one of the shows three judges and founder of the award winning country group Alabama, for a performance of “Dixieland Delight.”

While the Hackers will get some time to come home and wind down and catch up with friends and family, they will be back on the road soon enough.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Something about Angela's reaction just didn't seem genuine. She seemed as though she was trying desperately to act surprised, but like she would have been more surprised if her brother actually won. Zac seems a little more genuine to me, but maybe that's just Angela's toughness showing through.

Anyway, good season, good performances by Zac. I'm going to miss hearing that man sing, so I hope something good comes very, very soon for him. He deserves it and most importantly, we deserve it!

FORT Fan
    Honestly, I think Angela would have been much more gracious if she lost to Zac than vise versa. I think being beat by his sister was a bit like eating some sour grapes. I think he was happy for her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2263050;
    Something about Angela's reaction just didn't seem genuine. She seemed as though she was trying desperately to act surprised, but like she would have been more surprised if her brother actually won. Zac seems a little more genuine to me, but maybe that's just Angela's toughness showing through.
    I think it's just Angela, maybe she doesn't really show emotions that well or something. My mom kept saying "I don't like her attitude" because of different times during the past few weeks where Angela would have this "look" on her face during, say, judge criticism or praise. I don't think she has a bad attitude, I think she's just lived a harder life than maybe others and this is just her tough exterior showing. I dunno...maybe she felt self-conscious since she beat her brother.

Hey Melsevene have you downloaded Zac's songs on Itunes? I saw them on there last night and couldn't resist. They even had stuff from past seasons on there.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2262191;
    However, Tamika not being in the final 3 much less winning was probably one of the stupidest eliminations in the history of the show.
    I have to agree with you. I was shocked when she was eliminated.

And YAY for Angela. Loved her from the start. I like my country music twangy and with steel guitars. I can see her putting out that kind of album, and I am really excited.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 03-03-2007 at 09:31 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2263217;
    I think it's just Angela, maybe she doesn't really show emotions that well or something. My mom kept saying "I don't like her attitude" because of different times during the past few weeks where Angela would have this "look" on her face during, say, judge criticism or praise. I don't think she has a bad attitude, I think she's just lived a harder life than maybe others and this is just her tough exterior showing. I dunno...maybe she felt self-conscious since she beat her brother.

Hey Melsevene have you downloaded Zac's songs on Itunes? I saw them on there last night and couldn't resist. They even had stuff from past seasons on there.
    I actually went to his myspace and found some of his original music I hadn't heard and I LOVED it all!!! This man has such a bright future, I just hope I know when his recording comes out, as I'm not a regular country music listener. Texasgirl, you could keep me posted if you happen to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2265942;
    I actually went to his myspace and found some of his original music I hadn't heard and I LOVED it all!!! This man has such a bright future, I just hope I know when his recording comes out, as I'm not a regular country music listener. Texasgirl, you could keep me posted if you happen to hear...
    I'll definitely keep you updated on him! I love the other originals on his myspace too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm sorry I forgot to post this earlier but Zac and Angela are back here in Muscle Shoals tonight performing. Its called Muscle Shoals to Music Row.

If you have real player, you can watch it here:

Zac and Angela Hacker

From the radio station website:
    The Live webcast begins about 30 minutes prior to the 8pm showtime.
    Beginning the day following the live show, and until the next live show, you can replay the most current performance!

VIEWING TIP...
    Once the window opens with the small player, right-click on the screen and select "Play in RealOne Player". This will launch the program in the external RealPlayer and gives you the option to rewind or fast-forward through a recorded show. It also let's you see a bigger picture! Try right-clicking on the RealOne Player screen and select "Double Size". Some people watch "Full Screen".

Archived programs may be better quality than the live broadcast due to internet bandwidth issues.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread