+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fogey
    I liked Brad Cotter, but sorry to hear he had issues that prevented him from taking advantage of his opportunity for a potential music career. That's the only other season (other than this year, I mean, that I've watched.

After careful consideration, I'm going to make a prediction about this year's winner. It will be... Angela. Not that I want it to be, but I think it's been pretty apparent to the NS people from the beginning and they only created this recent illusion of a close horse race to keep us interested.

Having said that - GO ZAC!!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I loved both Brad Cotter (another Alabama boy) and George Canyon. I bought Brad's CD and thought it was pretty good but I never have heard anything else about him. I haven't heard the rumors about a substance abuse rumors though!

I was a big fan of Buddy Jewell's too...for all the same reasons posted here....he was a older gentlemen (compared to the ones he was competing with) and he was humble.

Since I am from the Muscle Shoals area, I can tell you that there are quite a few places having Hacker Backer parties for tomorrow night! I would love to go to one of them for the atmosphere but I'm one of those people that likes to be able to hear what is being said on the TV so I think I'm just going to stay home and watch it.

Hopefully it will be one of the Hacker's that win and our area will throw a big party and I can go to that!!!

I will honestly be thrilled with either of the Hackers to win. I've pulled for Angela for most of the season but after meeting Zac and seeing how humble and appreciative he was and his last few performances, he might have inched ahead of her just a teeny tiny bit!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 03-01-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

As long as the Hackers go 1/2, I'm happy. That will allow both of them to reach their goal of being able to provide some financial stability for their family. A Hacker tour into small venues could be a stable source of income.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Tonight's the night!! May the best Hacker win
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Well they brought back all the contestants to sing "Dixieland Delight" with Randy Owens....

David is 3rd...........! He sounded really good singing "Wave on Wave" as his outgoing song!!!

WOO HOO!!! The town of Muscle Shoals, Alabama is whooping and hollering because we've got us a 1st and 2nd place HACKERS!!!

FORT Fan
    OMG! Fan-freaking tastic Angela! That was not only my favorite performance this season, but of all 5 seasons. I was getting teary eyed listening to it. She brings her life experiences to stage and she is THE real deal.

Zac is singing his original song "If it wasn't for the whiskey" acoustic with just his guitar....AWESOME!!

Jewel asked him if he won and got a recording contract and made a million dollars what would he do and he said he would make his mom quit her job!!!

Zac and Angela are supposed to sing a duet later in the show....

It's going to be close......

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2259083;
    Erica Jo...the season she won the talent was pretty weak if I recall. Not really sure what happened to her after that one song "I break things", whatever it was called.
    I don't think the talent was weak that season at all. It was a travesty that she beat Jayron, Jason and Jody.

I came in late tonight, but at least I didn't miss the important stuff.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    All I can say is OMG JEWEL- AMAZING! She was one of my favorite singers crowing up as a teenager. Still love her. I didn't realize she had such amazing chops, and live not to mention.

I was glad Erica won. I wasn't a huge Jason fan or Jayron. However, Tamika not being in the final 3 much less winning was probably one of the stupidest eliminations in the history of the show.

Zac and Angela did awesome with their duet "Hard to Handle"....WOO HOO!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread