+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2253583;
    Why should Zac suddenly win and is the frontrunner? He has 1 or maybe 2 good performances and he should win? He has been under the shadow of his sister all season, if she doesn't win it will be a huge mistake.
    1 or 2 good performances? Well, I guess that's your opinion but I think he's been solid every week, except for maybe the week the judges picked that Montgomery Gentry song for him, and even then I thought he pulled it off. Maybe he started off in her shadow but he has more than proved that he deserves to be there based on his talent, that's he not there just for the novelty of having a sister and brother competing against one another. Personally, I'd be happy if either Hacker won, as long as the other comes in 2nd.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2253798;
    1 or 2 good performances? Well, I guess that's your opinion but I think he's been solid every week, except for maybe the week the judges picked that Montgomery Gentry song for him, and even then I thought he pulled it off. Maybe he started off in her shadow but he has more than proved that he deserves to be there based on his talent, that's he not there just for the novelty of having a sister and brother competing against one another. Personally, I'd be happy if either Hacker won, as long as the other comes in 2nd.
    I agree with everything you said, Texasgirl, except maybe the part about being happy with either Hacker winning. After last night, I really think it would be such an injustice if Zac comes in second to his sister (or to DSR, for that matter). In my opinion, Zac just hasn't really had an off night, while both Angela and DSR, whether because of song choices or performance, have had a couple of just so-so nights.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2251778;
    Yay!! Chris Young will be back tonight to perform!!

Yes, I think there are only 2 episodes left, next week is the finale.

I think I'd like to hear Angela do some old school country, maybe Tammy Wynette or something along those lines.

I totally agree. Angela's voice is made for that type of real country
    music. Tammy's music would be perfect for her. I bet she'd blow the
    roof off with "Til I Can Make It On My Own"

I have prefered Zac almost every week, despite the judges not always saying good things to him. I think Angela was also good at the beginning, but I really prefered Zac's original and every song he's done since then. It seems like Angela has stumbled a bit since original night and not made the best song choices since then. She started out strong and got weaker IMO. I believe Zac has improved every week. His rendition last night of "Lady" was fantastic--make you want to melt good.

I liked seeing Chris Young last night, but I think it's a good thing he sang the original song he did last year, because while the song he did last night was good I don't believe it was nearly as good as "Drinking me Lonely". I think that song was was absolutely won him the competition.

and Art_930 I agree about the dads. Seeing Josh's dad with him, David's dad with him, and hearing their comments about how proud they are is so moving--but every time that Daddy Hacker gets anywhere near the mic it becomes all about him. Last week it was him saying "That's me, That's me" (and sounding like an idiot too) and then the comment he made at the house--I can't remember it exactly--also seemed rather self-serving.
    Last edited by justCoz; 02-23-2007 at 05:38 PM.

I liked seeing Chris Young last night, but I think it's a good thing he sang the original song he did last year, because while the song he did last night was good I don't believe it was nearly as good as "Drinking me Lonely". I think that song was was absolutely won him the competition.
    Though I agree Drinkin' Me Lonely won him the competition his cd as a whole is brilliant. When I saw him in concert, before the cd was even out, I was so impressed with the songs that he performed from the cd and it has basically been stuck in my car cd player the last couple of months. He is coming out to Las Vegas in April and I am going to try and see him in concert again.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just got done watching Chris and Zac.

Chris....hubba hubba...that performance just confirmed my trip to Vegas to go and see him again

I think that was Zac's best performance from the whole series.

Josh was great, how he was able to go through meeting his Mom with all the cameras rolling is beyond me.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 02-24-2007 at 11:01 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2253523;
    Chris Young looked really good last night!! Loved him in black and he sounded good too.
    Darn! How did I miss this thread. I love Nashville Star!

Had to comment about Chris Young. My sister doesn't get into country music at all, so she didn't know who Chris was. Took one look and asked why she can't meet somebody just like him.

Love Zac and Angela. DSR is just not that exciting to me. I am personally rooting for Angela - love her voice! I would buy Zac's music though.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2253635;
    For the first half of the season, the first 3 weeks, maybe Angela was so impressive to the judges that they couldn't see straight, but even then I was leaning toward Zac and his style. But after original song night, Zac has done better and better and Angela has just been okay with poor song choices. I think if Angela or DSR win over Zac, it will be a huge mistake. It's all opinion, and I happen to think Zac is the most deserving of the three.
    I don't think that Angela has had a really bad song selection. I would have preferred that she didn't sing Shania (I don't even consider her country), but it wasn't anything that should have knocked her out of frontrunner status. She has the style and sound of true country and I love it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I was out of town Thursday night when the show originally aired and I wasn't able to access the internet until tonight but I thought that Zac did an absolutely awesome job. I was in my hotel room clapping like a madwoman for him when he got through singing! Angela did really well too but Zac is really giving her a run for her money!!! I would be thrilled to death with either of them winning!

Though I haven't been a big fan of Joshua's...I was really impressed with his back home storyline and how well he handled himself in meeting his biological mother. I couldn't imagine the feelings that must've been going through his mind and then having it filmed in front of a TV crew! Even though he didn't win, through appearing on NS, he was able to reconnect with his biological mother and hopefully, if he wishes, he will be able to establish some type of relationship with her.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Had to comment about Chris Young. My sister doesn't get into country music at all, so she didn't know who Chris was. Took one look and asked why she can't meet somebody just like him.
    Let your sister know that he is as charming as he appears to be on TV I really hope Zac wins this.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread