+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fogey
    I so fear you're right that Joshua will be the one sent home tonight. He's not my favorite, but he's grown on me enough that I hope he stays one more week. I'd like to see (and think it should be) DSR who leaves tonight. He started strong, but he hasn't shown me he is anything but a man with a good voice. He isn't a stand out and I think it would be a big mistake if he wins this contest. JS has shown he has some real song writing potential, so he deserves the third place spot over DSR. And just to finish my list, I'd say Angela second, and Zac should win this thing, hands down.

Is there only one more week after tonight?

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Yay!! Chris Young will be back tonight to perform!!

Yes, I think there are only 2 episodes left, next week is the finale.

I think I'd like to hear Angela do some old school country, maybe Tammy Wynette or something along those lines. Some really good cheating or heart break song. Zac...hmmm, so hard to choose. He's done some T Graham Brown in the past, maybe do one of his slower songs. Maybe a ballad since we know he can do the more rockin' stuff. Josh...since he reminds me of Brian White, do something by him. DSR...definitely an upbeat song because I didn't think he did his ballad any justice last week.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Sadly I missed the show tonight as I was out in San Diego I will have to catch a repeat as I must see Chris Young again Who was sent home?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Unfortunately, it was Joshua.

My take on the evening -

Zac was just amazing. Again. He, in my opinion, is the one who has improved week after week and he got all my votes last night. Even if he doesn't win NS, he should get a recording contract and I'll buy his music. He's great. And Blake is right, he is sexy.

Joshua had the second best performance of the night, if you ask me. I think he did a great job and has steadily improved. He should have stayed and someone else should have left. Joshua may be okay in the country music industry yet.

David was just not that good, but that's been his pattern the past few weeks. He started out strong, but the last 3 performances have been weak and last night he should have left the show.

Angela just didn't do much for me last night either. Not a good song choice, if you ask me, and she just didn't seem that great.

I think Zac has proven himself as the frontrunner and he should definitely win.

You've gotta catch the rerun JLuvs just to hear Blake tell Zac he's a sexy man!! And I would have to agree...his performance was amazing! I agree, he's been the one to improve the most and he got all my votes as well. Angela...she was good but I didn't really like the song choice, it was just alright. David and Josh...meh, they're just not as good as the Hackers, to me anyway. I think Blake was kinda scolding David and his wife for letting her be the one deciding on what he sings. I agree, he's old enough to know what works for him so why leave it up to her?? Anyway, whomever wins, I'll be looking forward to buying music from the Hackers in the future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2253441;
    You've gotta catch the rerun JLuvs just to hear Blake tell Zac he's a sexy man!! And I would have to agree...his performance was amazing! I agree, he's been the one to improve the most and he got all my votes as well. Angela...she was good but I didn't really like the song choice, it was just alright. David and Josh...meh, they're just not as good as the Hackers, to me anyway. I think Blake was kinda scolding David and his wife for letting her be the one deciding on what he sings. I agree, he's old enough to know what works for him so why leave it up to her?? Anyway, whomever wins, I'll be looking forward to buying music from the Hackers in the future.
    Oh wasn't that just hilarious when Blake told Zac he was a sexy man!! Oh my, what a moment! But Texasgirl, what did Randy mean when he told Zac if he didn't win, try again. Of course he's going to keep trying to get a recording contract, did Randy mean try out for NS again? I wouldn't think that was possible. Randy is a strange man, tries to be deep and philosophical and he just sounds like he's suffering from dementia most of the time.

I'll watch the repeat just to see and hear Zac sing that song again. A song I never really cared for, but with him singing it, I loved it!

And I liked Blake talking to DSR's wife that way, because she does have too much control and that could be a problem if DSR does get a contract. No producer is going to want to deal with a woman who thinks she knows what her husband should be singing and what he shouldn't be, unless she owns the record company.

I think that Randy just meant that Zac should keep singing and get a recording deal...surely he couldn't try out for NS again. Randy's kinda spacey acting to me sometimes.

Chris Young looked really good last night!! Loved him in black and he sounded good too.

FORT Fan
    Why should Zac suddenly win and is the frontrunner? He has 1 or maybe 2 good performances and he should win? He has been under the shadow of his sister all season, if she doesn't win it will be a huge mistake.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2253583;
    Why should Zac suddenly win and is the frontrunner? He has 1 or maybe 2 good performances and he should win? He has been under the shadow of his sister all season, if she doesn't win it will be a huge mistake.
    For the first half of the season, the first 3 weeks, maybe Angela was so impressive to the judges that they couldn't see straight, but even then I was leaning toward Zac and his style. But after original song night, Zac has done better and better and Angela has just been okay with poor song choices. I think if Angela or DSR win over Zac, it will be a huge mistake. It's all opinion, and I happen to think Zac is the most deserving of the three.

FORT Fan
    I was struck with the difference in the response of Zac's father and David's father as to their sons' success.

Remember last week when Dad Hacker was asked for a response to Zac's performance and he replied "That's ME! That's ME up there!" No mention of Zac at all.

Dad St. Romain, when asked the same question. said he was so proud of David and that David was doing so much better than he could have done himself.

If it wasn't for the whiskey, Daddy Hacker would have been a good man.

+ Reply to Thread