+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I know...I watched the show again over the weekend and couldn't believe when she said that about Zac.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Here we go again. Right now Cowboy Troy is performing.

Whitney is performing first and they aren't going to say who is going home until the end. So none of them are safe.

Since I actually know the song she is singing....When a Man Loves a Woman.

Not a bad performance, but I am glad she was called on pitch again. I don't feel much sympathy in regard to her feelings about message board comments. They are out here so people can say what they want and she needs to get thicker skin in that regard.

Chris Young is going to be there next week and sing :-)

Zac is singing next...

He sang: A Stranger In My House and I thought that he did it brilliantly.

The interviewing of Zac and Angela's Dad was classic. Great response from their Dad.

David St. Romain is up now. He was talking about finding out he had the second highest amount of votes last week.

I don't know the song that he sang, but I agree that it was not his best performance.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 02-15-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

All five of them just did a group song. I don't know what the name of it was, but as a group they sound much better than I thought they would.

Josh is singing now and it sounds like he has been quite sick. Oooh I love the song he is singing, though I don't know if I know the real song title: If Your Going Through Hell (?).

Sounds pretty good to me, but I agree with Anastasia.

Angela sang If Your Not In It For Love by Shania, and got ripped by the judges.

Angela and David were not the top two, but both were safe, as was Zac.

Whitney was eliminated from the competition.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 02-15-2007 at 11:08 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I wasn't overly wowed by anyone. I don't know if it was song choice like the judges seemed to think or what. My favorite was Zac, I thought he did a good job. I love Ronnie Milsap. One thing I wonder is, what exactly are the judges looking for? In terms of song choice? Do they want Zac/the others to pick a song that's out of their comfort zone or what? Angela picked Shania? Meh, she had fun but I agree, she should've chosen a great song and sang the heck out of it. Anyway, just glad to see Whitney gone.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    I'd never heard of Cowboy Troy before Nashville Star and now I know why. He's a cute guy, but he has no musical talent.

On to the performers and tonight's show.

Whitney - one of my favorite songs, but she still seems to lack singing talent. Sorry if that hurts her feelings (although this wasn't the board she was speaking of last night), but someone should tell her to her face instead of letting her go on embarassing herself.

Zac - I agree with Randy, sometimes I worry about the songs Zac chooses, but yet, by the end, he's delivered every time. Hmmm, I think this boy may actually be proving he's deserving of the title of Nashville Star.

David - his worse performance yet, if you ask me. He doesn't seem to stand out to me, regardless of what the judges say. Good voice, no style. Seems like a million other wanna-be's who have a good voice, but nothing else.

Joshua - okay, are we suppose to feel bad for him now? I would like to like him, and I do like his personality and his effort, but he can't sing. Stick to songwriting, which may be your true calling.

Angela - I was an early Angela fan, but things have begun to turn for me in the past 3 weeks. I'm starting to think she's good, but that her brother is better.

All song choices (but Zac's a little less than the others) were pretty bad, so I agree with the judges on that one. Can they sing original songs again? Could Zac sing the song he was going to sing on original song night, which he pulled at the last minute?

Thank goodness Whitney is gone. Now, hopefully, Joshua goes next week and we get down to singing talent. I'm thinking Zac has taken a slight lead in this thing right now, but with 4 contestants and a couple of weeks left, who knows what could happen.

I was definitely underwhelmed last night. That was so disappointing after the great job they did on originals night. I think Zac did the best, and even when I've never heard the songs he's singing I always end up liking what he does with them.

I'm not surprised Whitney is gone. She started out strong but faltered quickly after that. Too bad she didn't get to sing this song 2 weeks ago, or it may be a different story.

I just don't like Joshua's singing. I think he had a great original song, but I'm back to not liking him after last night. Sorry he's been sick, but I'm glad Anastasia called him on being angry with her. I think she over-rated him the first week which led to some backlash when he couldn't live up to those (false) standards.

I was disappointed in David. I've liked him before, but last night was not good. That may be "their" song, but it wasn't a good choice. Hope he gets better.

Angela did not have a great performance last night. It's the first chink in the armour.

I think it very well may come down to Angela and Zac in the finals and wouldn't that be awful for the loser.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2243829;
    I was definitely underwhelmed last night. That was so disappointing after the great job they did on originals night. I think Zac did the best, and even when I've never heard the songs he's singing I always end up liking what he does with them.

I'm not surprised Whitney is gone. She started out strong but faltered quickly after that. Too bad she didn't get to sing this song 2 weeks ago, or it may be a different story.

I just don't like Joshua's singing. I think he had a great original song, but I'm back to not liking him after last night. Sorry he's been sick, but I'm glad Anastasia called him on being angry with her. I think she over-rated him the first week which led to some backlash when he couldn't live up to those (false) standards.

I was disappointed in David. I've liked him before, but last night was not good. That may be "their" song, but it wasn't a good choice. Hope he gets better.

Angela did not have a great performance last night. It's the first chink in the armour.

I think it very well may come down to Angela and Zac in the finals and wouldn't that be awful for the loser.

Why was Angela totally ignoring the live audience just so she could keep us all dizzy with the ridiculous playing to the camera?? I think she just seemed to full of herself with a so-so song, so that's one of the reasons I was unimpressed.

FORT Fan
    Well everybody has screwed up multiple times and she has only done it once. I think she has earned that right since she has had so many amazing performers.

I would rather come second to my brother and sister than someone that I didn't know.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

Barley's welcomes Duncan home
    'Nashville Star' singer thanks fans for their support

The stage at Barley's may not be as wide or the lights as bright as on ''Nashville Star,'' but this is where Whitney Duncan's roots are.
    Here, there's no pressure. On Friday night, there was only good music and a welcoming crowd.

"Tonight I can just have fun and not worry about being in the bottom two or getting kicked off," Duncan said before taking the stage with the local band The Grove providing backup.

The 22-year-old Scotts Hill native said one of the first things she had to do, after being eliminated from the running on Thursday's ''Nashville Star'' show, was come back home to thank her fans in her own way.
    "Everybody's been so supportive - the newspaper, the radio stations," she said. "I think it's the right thing to do to come home and sing a few songs."

Duncan opened Friday's show with Dusty Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man," followed by Don Williams' "Tulsa Time," which wowed the judges when she sang it on "Nashville Star." She also sang a few original pieces.

"I think she's happy to be home," Beverly Boyd said while watching Duncan perform. "She looks more comfortable here."

Duncan urged the crowd to party, "like the good old days." She raised her hands above her head and began to clap, encouraging the crowd to clap with her as they smiled and bobbed their heads to the music.

Melissa Duncan of Jackson, who is of no relation to Whitney, said she followed the local singer on the show and arrived at Barley's around 8:30 p.m. to see her.

"I've enjoyed everything she's done," she said.

Program director and morning show personality, Hoppin' Harvey of Froggy 104.1, has also been following Duncan since she made her debut on "Nashville Star."

The radio station interviewed her weekly, he said, while waiting for Duncan to take the stage.

"Everybody loves Whitney, how can you not," he said. "She's the epitome of what West Tennessee is about. She's sweet, genuine and talented. The rest of the world hasn't learned it yet, but they will."

Duncan said she isn't worried about what everyone thinks. She's not bitter about her dismissal from the show.

"I think I left on a high note," she said. "I stood up there thinking about all the things I could do now."

Duncan described her experience as a "Nashville Star" contestant as "crazy,'' but said she will miss the excitement.

"There's something about changing clothes 10 times and doing hair and makeup," she said. "It's really exciting, something about that whole thing I will miss."

While on the show, she became friends with Meg Allison and Josh Stevens, who also has a publishing deal in Nashville like Duncan.

"I really hope he does well," she said.

Duncan would not make any predictions about which contestant will go all the way on the show. She said she's been shocked before at the decisions about who stays and who goes home. She said she is "relieved" that her part is over.

"I was tired. I think everybody was tired," she said. "I'm glad to be back to normal. It's like I've been living in a whole different world for the last month and a half."

Each week on "Nashville Star" was a "full week," Duncan said.

The day after each show, the contestants had interviews and shot the television segments that would appear on the next show just before they performed.

On Saturdays and Sundays, they would be at the bandleader's house working on the arrangement of the song they would sing that week and preparing its full version that would be available to download on iTunes.

Mondays and Tuesdays, they rehearsed while on Wednesdays and Thursdays, they went through the entire show.

Duncan's MySpace page is full of comments from people who wrote that she was one of their favorites on the show and that they're disappointed to see her leave.

Duncan views her performances on "Nashville Star" as just the beginning, she said.

"The show gave me good exposure," she said. "It was just another step for me, what eventually and hopefully will lead to a good career."

Duncan is already scheduled to perform with The Grove starting in April. They will travel to Memphis and Nashville before heading outside of the state to Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland, Vermont, and New Hampshire.

"It will be fun and interesting to see what kind of crowd will be there," Duncan said. "I got a lot of responses from people who said they're coming to see me and loved me on "Nashville Star' "
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread