+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2233206;
    I don't really know what else to chat about. It isn't like the prior seasons to me, where I really liked certain people and couldn't stop talking about them. After discussing the performances and ranking them, unless I totally disagree with someone, I don't find there is much else to comment on.
    I just realized why this show seems to have lost something - it has!! I remember watching season 2 (okay, I'll admit, other than this season, season 2 was the only other one I watched) and how they had judges selecting one out of two performers (or was it three?) to move on and then the viewers got to vote one or two wild card performers in. And then, each week, the singers had to select a song from different categories (Elvis songs, pop songs, origial song night - which happened much earlier in the competition or maybe the competition was just longer) and do the arrangement on them to make them country songs and their own country songs.

The contestants also had to do things like visit children in a nearby hospital, etc., and that gave us a chance to get to know the contestants on another level. It was just a much more interesting show then, although I guess it did focus on the contestants as people and not just as singers.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    And remember, they all lived in a house together. At least the first season, if I remember correctly. They didn't dwell all that much on house life but they would show them jamming together after the show or whatever. And yea, I liked the assignments they did, like get on a bus after the show and go put on an impromptu concert at a club. I don't know, it was more interesting though, I agree. But I'm still enjoying the show. Can't wait to hear the originals tonight.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Rumor has it that all 5 will perform tonight and then they'll eliminate one of them. Performers will be from highest vote getter to lowest, so we'll actually be able to see who is leading the pack right now.

Apparently, there was some indication at one point this week that no one would be sent home, but that may have changed.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Well that seems fair, to not eliminate anyone, since so many people missed parts of the show and that may have affected voting. Although if they're like me, I already knew who I was voting for and would have done so regardless of the performance. Guess we'll see.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    They are going to let everyone sing their songs tonight....Josh and Whitney are the bottom 2 and they'll reveal who goes home at the end of the show...

Cowboy Troy did mention that we will find out who got the most votes too...you were right Melsevene!!!

Joshua's song was "I wished I missed you" (or something similar to that!)...he wrote that about his birth mom.

Whitney is singing a song called "Skinny Dipping"...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

As sweet as Joshua's song was...it was far too off key at parts for me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Zac had the 3rd highest votes...He's singing "If it wasn't for the whiskey"...about his dad...

OMG...I was on my feet clapping for him!! Awesome song and he sounded GREAT!

I really liked Whitney's original tonight. Zac's was good, but I actually liked the initial song that he sang part.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

David came in with the 2nd highest votes which means Angela had the highest number of votes

I kinda liked David's song tonight...I could hear that one on the radio...and he's so darn cute!

JLuvs...I actually liked Whitney's song tonight too...her voice sounded better...using the lower register of her voice.....

**They are not booting anyone tonight because of people having trouble with DirectTV last week**

Here are the numbers:
    1-866-978-27
    01-Joshua
    02-Whitney
    03-Zac
    04-David
    05-Angela

I have to admit...Angela and Zac were the best!!!!
    My ranking tonight:
    Angela and Zac tied for me!
    David
    Whitney
    Joshua
    Last edited by bbnbama; 02-08-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Right...I am off to watch Survivor.

Here are my rankings though:

1. Angela - I think her original was the best by a big margin.

2. Zac - Although I wish he done the other song...I would love to see a brother/sister final two.

3. Whitney - I really liked her tonight, not enough to vote for her, but enough to take her out of my dog house.

4. David - He has a great voice, but I agree with what the female judge said about it. Good, but forgettable.

5. Joshua - He is the bottom for me by a big margin. It was a gutsy song, but it was a little too painful for me.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread