+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 4 (Male Supergroup)

Re: Making the Band 4(Male Supergroup)

I'll still be watching. That was a very good episode. I did not care for Eric or Amando at all, I thought they sucked. I'm just pissed that Dan was eliminated though. But he just wouldn't have fit in with a "soul group" as Diddy said. Donnie would fit better. But he did do well with that Usher song.

There is still a lot of guys left with decent voices. All the guys had good voices and that's why he only cut very few of them since episode 1 until this episode. I agreed with his decisions on the guys he sent home.
    Last edited by Brandongr3; 07-23-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen;2487550;
    woah, Dan went home? This season is ruined!
    I bet I'm the only one who thinks this but Dan is very overrated he had a good voice but nothing else. Donnie has the look but thats it voice not really strong.

Only a few guys have voices but we all know its going to come down to the look.

Finally, a good episode. I was so sick of the "we're brothers for life" episodes, its time to get down to some business.

Quadee, you're not the only one. I never understood the Dan appeal. Quite frankly, I don't think Diddy had any plans to include him from early on, but didn't have a good enough chance to eliminate him. Now he flat out admits it that he doesn't feel Dan could fit and I agree. Its about talent and marketability, I think Diddy learned his lesson after the disastrous Da Band. I also agree about your "looks" part, although I look at it as marketability coz really, none of the guys are that hot to me. Dyshon is alright and I think he'll make it.

As far as the Laurie Ann incident goes, I'm shocked she's gone permanently. At first when I saw the previews, I thought it was staged and they'll just kiss and hug in the end. If the whole thing was real, I can see where both sides are upset. Laurie Ann is sick of bootlicking Diddy when she herself became a popular character on the show. Then Diddy is all talking about how its HIS show (which it is) and that no one can "interject" him. Its a pain in the ass to be around someone so controlling, egotistical, and arrogant all the time. However, if Laurie Ann did go against Diddy's plans, I can see why he's upset too. Really, it is his show and who is Laurie Ann to change his plans without consulting him first? I have a feeling things have soured between the two early on and its just unfolding for the cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if Laurie Ann did get a little cocky after MTB3.

The dancing tonight was atrocious. The guys looked like they were about to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2487769;

As far as the Laurie Ann incident goes, I'm shocked she's gone permanently. At first when I saw the previews, I thought it was staged and they'll just kiss and hug in the end. If the whole thing was real, I can see where both sides are upset. Laurie Ann is sick of bootlicking Diddy when she herself became a popular character on the show. Then Diddy is all talking about how its HIS show (which it is) and that no one can "interject" him. Its a pain in the ass to be around someone so controlling, egotistical, and arrogant all the time. However, if Laurie Ann did go against Diddy's plans, I can see why he's upset too. Really, it is his show and who is Laurie Ann to change his plans without consulting him first? I have a feeling things have soured between the two early on and its just unfolding for the cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if Laurie Ann did get a little cocky after MTB3.

The dancing tonight was atrocious. The guys looked like they were about to collapse.

You said it! I thought both Laurie Ann and Diddy has some blame. Diddy is "the boss" and I can see he really gets off on being able to say it loud and proud.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I have to admit that I was shocked that Dan went home. He was getting a majorly positive edit. When people were frustrated, he was there to help them and coach them. When they did that horrendous dancing last night only two guys were pulled into the "can kinda dance" side and one of them was Dan.

Not only was he fun to watch, I thought he came off as very mature and a great commentator.

If I am being honest, there is no way I would buy this album no matter who he picked, but I really liked Dan as a person.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar

Well, I can understand the importance of wanting to project a good image and being able to perform. Truthfully though, Irarely go to concerts and I rarely see videos but I alway have the radio on, a cd playing or my ipod in my ear so I rate the guys mainly on voices. With that being said, I was sad to see Dan go and my other favorite voice, Michael, will probably be gone next week because his "look" doesn't fit the mold despite his attempts to loose weight.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

I'm glad Dan is gone, he was soooooooooooooo happy to send those guys home, he actually enjoyed it and had this silly smirk on his face, Donnie and the rest felt bad and didn't get any pleasure out of ending someone's dream. I was cracking up when Diddy told him this wasn't Celebrity Fit Club, I didn't like his attitude, good riddance. I love Donnie, Qwanell and Brian. They are my favorites and I hope they make the band!

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

Oh and I am so going to miss Laurie Ann and her Boom Kacks, the show will definitely NOT be the same without her. She was on a radio station and said that the energy wasn't the same when Mike Bivins joined the team, he does seem to be a bit of an a*& kisser!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2488836;
    I have to admit that I was shocked that Dan went home. He was getting a majorly positive edit. When people were frustrated, he was there to help them and coach them. When they did that horrendous dancing last night only two guys were pulled into the "can kinda dance" side and one of them was Dan.

Not only was he fun to watch, I thought he came off as very mature and a great commentator.

If I am being honest, there is no way I would buy this album no matter who he picked, but I really liked Dan as a person.
    I also liked Dan, he seemed like an overall good guy, but there was something about him that was just so physically akward. I agree that he wouldn't fit in with Diddy's group. But, part of me thinks he deserved to continue in the competition because he was one of only 2 guys that were sent to the "maybe can dance" wall versus the "can't dance wall" after only a few hours of learning a routine. And he did well in his solo Usher song. I think part of the reason he was sent home was because he was one of Laurie Ann's favorite singers. If you remember, she and Diddy got into a little bicker earlier in the show about her making comments and showing favoritism after his performance. I think Diddy sent him home as sort of a retaliation against Laurie Ann; as one of Dan's supporters, she was now gone. Dan only mentioned his weight loss early on in the show, so I wasn't sure what Diddy's "this isn't all about Celebrity Fit Club" comment was about.

I also thought Eric should have made it to the next round.

Also, when Dan choose the people that were going home last week, I don't think he was smug about it. I think he was just genuinely happy that two people he felt should go home did; versus himself going home or some of the others who are more talented who didn't deserve to go home. He was happy because he believed the weakest links were going so the rest could all get to work.

Of the remaining left, I like:
    DeAngelo
    Jeremy
    Brian H
    Carlos - though it looks like he struggles on tonight's episode

Julius - ehhhh
    Donnie - ehhhh

The rest - blah.....especially Robert and Brian A.
    Last edited by miadora; 07-30-2007 at 09:21 PM.

I agree that Dan being Laurie Anne's favorite might've hurt him. Who knows? Besides his injury, it may've been a factor in Julius' elimination. That and Julius was off for most of the challenge.

Qwannell's voice is okay, but boy can dance. Michael can sing; he's really the only reason I'm still watching.

Good luck to Carlos, his girlfriend, and the baby. I'm sure this isn't what they imagined for their son, but I trust they will treat the baby the best way they know how and he'll grow up happy.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

+ Reply to Thread