+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bad Girls

Re: Bad Girls

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3797022;
    I don't give people passes for that sort of thing. If they don't mean to be offensive, they would apologize immediately after realizing that what thy said was offensive instead of repeating themselves.

You gave Natalie a pass when she said "ugly black witch".

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3796572;
    I think saying you don't want to be around "sweaty black people" and would rather go to a white club is sort of on a different level than mentioning someones skin color when it is irrelevant.
    ...oh, I just found the pass you gave Natalie...

FORT Fogey

I certainly don't give her a pass. See above. I said they are both racist. However, inserting skin color or race in places where they need not be is not the same as saying "I don't want to go to a sweaty black place." I think they are of similar nature but different levels of offense. I was more offended by Natalie's comment that Portia was "too black."

If you look at that quote in context (as you should), I said that in response to someone comparing the two comments and calling them similar. I said that I think that one was worse than the other. I stand by that.

And welcome to FORT. Lovely first impression...
    Last edited by RealityLovesMe; 01-15-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Who ever was involved in the casting process deserves a pat on the back cause this cast is amazing. Season 1 was okay, and season 2 and 3 were wonderful guilty pleasures but with season 4 this show has become one of my top favorites. I get so excited every Tuesday for a new episode.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3797385;
    Positive reinforcement doesn't mean to encourage the comment. It means instead of yelling at her, sit down and have a conversation where you will not put Kate on the defensive so she will actually be open to hearing what you have to say and learning. Make it a positive experience, and she is more likely to accept what you have to say. Good politicians understand this concept and they use it frequently.
    That actually ISN'T the proper definition of positive reinforcement (re-check your psychology textbooks) but regardless, they don't do positive reinforcement- its the Bad Girls' Club!

(And by the way, Kate did much more than just say she didn't want to go to a sweaty black club, (that was bad enough) she also said she didn't feel like getting hit on and black guys always hit on her because she has a fat ass. ) No argument for me, her comments were racist and she deserves no defending.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3799272;
    That actually ISN'T the proper definition of positive reinforcement (re-check your psychology textbooks) but regardless, they don't do positive reinforcement- its the Bad Girls' Club!

(And by the way, Kate did much more than just say she didn't want to go to a sweaty black club, (that was bad enough) she also said she didn't feel like getting hit on and black guys always hit on her because she has a fat ass. ) No argument for me, her comments were racist and she deserves no defending.
    fat ass? what fat ass? did u see a fat ass on her because i sure didn't. now i have a fat ass and hers looks nothing like my fat ass. she should have an ass to begin with.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3799282;
    fat ass? what fat ass? did u see a fat ass on her because i sure didn't. now i have a fat ass and hers looks nothing like my fat ass. she should have an ass to begin with.
    I didn't say she had a fat ass, she said it about herself on the show
    She was just lamely trying to excuse her racist comment but failed since she just ended up making another one

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3799282;
    I noticed that too! The new girl said she had one too. I'm wondering what microscope are they looking through! I don't see anything in the rear area. They need to take a look at Delishis from Flavor of Love and re-evaluate their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3797753;
    And welcome to FORT. Lovely first impression...
    This is the Bad Girls Club, not the Good Girls Club...

I would've went off on Amber too had she pushed me in pool and I broke my ankle. I wouldn't have said all the crazy stuff Flo said, like wanting to kill her but I would've called her every dirty name I could think of while trying to beat her @$$! I truly thought Flo was going home, but those tears helped her stay. I'm glad she's staying. What I want to know is how is their contract worded regarding physical contact? What's considered physical contact? Cuz Amber pushed Flo, but had the chance to send her home because Flo retaliated and threw her across the concrete. Kendra's slapped Flo, Nat's spit on Kate, and I'm sure there been other physical violence just can't remember.

+ Reply to Thread