+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 912
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bad Girls

  1. #541
    Hello Kitty <3 Shay_na's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fla
    Age
    29
    Posts
    43

    Re: Bad Girls

    Okay whomever slapped Flo across the face, why didnt they go home?

    Two, Natalie, she SPIT on Kate, S P I T. That is grounds for a sit down talk about if Natalie should get to steppin or not...

    Sorry this wasnt yesterdays show, it was last weeks. Im a little behind. Anyone want to fill me in on what happened?
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.



  2. #542
    FORT Regular clsriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    77

    Re: Bad Girls

    To me saying "sweaty black people" and "ugly black witch" are on the same level of being racist or disrespectful. Both are bad and both are unacceptable.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3796572;
    I think saying you don't want to be around "sweaty black people" and would rather go to a white club is sort of on a different level than mentioning someones skin color when it is irrelevant.

    I think Flo is her own worst enemies. She tried to be friends with the extras and they abandoned and offended her. Then she tried to be friends with the leads and they actually accepted her and she is turning against them. She is ruining things for herself. She is entertaining but she could try and go easy on someone.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I understand why she goes home but Amber needs to go home as well because she could have killed Flo the way she pushed her into the pool like that.

  3. #543
    Kneel before your god gamer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    485

    Re: Bad Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796442;
    why would hanging out in "black clubs" make her (or anyone) uncomfortable? how crazy would i sound to say i am not comfortable going to a white restaurant or something like that? to me that just further proves that she is a racist.
    It is because of the cultural differences. Predominantly black "hip/hop" clubs *typically* operate under a far different set of cultural rules/practices than predominantly white and/or "mixed" clubs. The style of dress is different, speech dialect/ conversation subject matter is different, acceptable ways to "hit on" women is different, really the entire atmosphere is different. For example, "Holla-ing" at girls is 100% acceptable at hip hop clubs for example, where as in "mixed" clubs, this action is considered highly offensive to women. Just as in Iraq, showing someone the bottom of your shoe is akin to "flipping them off" It's simply a cultural difference.

    These cultural differences typically cause "white"(really any person not accustomed to the hip hop culture) patrons to become offended by the actions of "black" patrons at the club, when nothing was really done wrong, just it's different culturally. Plop a person not familiar with hip/hop culture, be they white or black really, into the culture of a "Hip Hop" club, and they will feel uncomfortable because of the stark difference in atmosphere, not because of the color of anyone's skin. Really this is true in any situation where you take a person from an enviorment where their look and behavior is that of the "majority" and place them in an enviornment where they are then the cultural "minority".

    Basically what I'm saying is I don't believe Kate is racist. I do believe that she simply lakes the ability to articulate what it is that makes her uncomfortable with hip hop clubs, and instead she said "Sweaty Black Clubs" which does sound super racist, I concede.

    The reason hip hop clubs are "sweaty" is because hip hop culture dictates clubs should center around extreme dancing, in close quarters to loud base-filled tracks. Many people exerting physical maneuvers in close quarters is of course going to make everyone there sweaty. Contrast this with "white" clubs where typically you would have more space, much less dancing, more space, and this is the phenomenon Kate was unable to articulately describe. Again, it’s just a cultural difference.


    The same is true in reverse. A person raised totally in impoverished "hood" condition plopped into "white" culture, will *typically* feel uncomfortable and flounder. Typically, they greatly prefer their own culture. These two incompatible cultures, coupled with the fact that the "white" culture has the bulk of the wealth/power is large reason why it's so difficult for black youth to "escape the ghetto" so to speak.

    I guess basically what I'm saying is I don't believe Kate is racist.
    Not so bright?: Yes.
    Not culturally sensitive?: Yes.
    Racist?: I'm leaning towards no.

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796442;
    i absolutely can't stand kate. she's an idiot all the way around. if she was big and bold enough to throw natalie's makeup out the window, she should have been bog and bold enough to open her mouth and say it was her instead of laying there grinning like some kind of demented cheshire cat.
    Totally agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796442;
    flo looked like an absolute idiot too. what business is it of hers if kendra wants to waggle her booty meat for the world???? i think she's just mad bc no guys are interested in her. perhaps the butchy look goes over for men and women in NYC or wherever she's from, but in LA, guys like girly girls.
    100% agree here too.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

  4. #544
    FORT Regular clsriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    77

    Re: Bad Girls

    You hit the nail on the head Gamer83! Thank you for articulating the cultural differences...If you aren't exposed to it, you may not be comfortable with it...

  5. #545
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: Bad Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3796725;
    It is because of the cultural differences. Predominantly black "hip/hop" clubs *typically* operate under a far different set of cultural rules/practices than predominantly white and/or "mixed" clubs. The style of dress is different, speech dialect/ conversation subject matter is different, acceptable ways to "hit on" women is different, really the entire atmosphere is different. For example, "Holla-ing" at girls is 100% acceptable at hip hop clubs for example, where as in "mixed" clubs, this action is considered highly offensive to women. Just as in Iraq, showing someone the bottom of your shoe is akin to "flipping them off" It's simply a cultural difference.
    as someone who frequents clubs a lot, both "black" and "white", i disagree with you. i don't know where you're from, and perhaps things are different there, but i'm from l.a. and as far as i can tell, the style of dress seems to be the same - jeans, jeans everywhere - and "hey excuse me" seems to be the way to hit on women in both atmospheres.



    Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3796725;
    These cultural differences typically cause "white"(really any person not accustomed to the hip hop culture) patrons to become offended by the actions of "black" patrons at the club, when nothing was really done wrong, just it's different culturally. Plop a person not familiar with hip/hop culture, be they white or black really, into the culture of a "Hip Hop" club, and they will feel uncomfortable because of the stark difference in atmosphere, not because of the color of anyone's skin. Really this is true in any situation where you take a person from an enviorment where their look and behavior is that of the "majority" and place them in an enviornment where they are then the cultural "minority".
    like i said, from my experience, the actions of patrons at any kind of club tend to be abt the same - drinking, dancing, and the quest for random hookups.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3796725;
    Basically what I'm saying is I don't believe Kate is racist. I do believe that she simply lakes the ability to articulate what it is that makes her uncomfortable with hip hop clubs, and instead she said "Sweaty Black Clubs" which does sound super racist, I concede.
    i do draw a line between "sounding" racist and "being" racist. if you sound like one, in my book, you are one. ignorance is not an excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3796725;
    The reason hip hop clubs are "sweaty" is because hip hop culture dictates clubs should center around extreme dancing, in close quarters to loud base-filled tracks. Many people exerting physical maneuvers in close quarters is of course going to make everyone there sweaty. Contrast this with "white" clubs where typically you would have more space, much less dancing, more space, and this is the phenomenon Kate was unable to articulately describe. Again, itís just a cultural difference.
    as far as i can tell, all clubs are sweaty. heck, even high school dances in the gym are sweaty. anytime there are lots of ppl in a not so well ventilated place (like most clubs which don't have windows), there's going to be hot sweaty bodies. maybe "white" clubs are different where you're from, but i don't notice any less dancing or any more space at "white" clubs. as a matter of fact, the "white" club they went to looked even more crowded and sweaty than kress (the club they're always going to). really, this is almost laughable considering white clubs tend to be the home of things like slam dancing and mosh pitting.


    Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3796725;
    The same is true in reverse. A person raised totally in impoverished "hood" condition plopped into "white" culture, will *typically* feel uncomfortable and flounder. Typically, they greatly prefer their own culture. These two incompatible cultures, coupled with the fact that the "white" culture has the bulk of the wealth/power is large reason why it's so difficult for black youth to "escape the ghetto" so to speak.
    i'm slightly taken aback and highly offended by this. seems to me that you view black culture as impoverished and hood and white culture as wealthy and elite. you know the term "white trash" did come from somewhere . . . stereotyping sucks. i am a black chick and i most certainly did not grow up impoverished or have any need to "escape the ghetto" . . . as a matter of fact i went to elite private schools and UC Berkeley. can you believe it?

  6. #546
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: Bad Girls

    i don't think he hit the nail on the head at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by clsriley;3796737;
    You hit the nail on the head Gamer83! Thank you for articulating the cultural differences...If you aren't exposed to it, you may not be comfortable with it...

  7. #547
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: Bad Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796753;
    as someone who frequents clubs a lot, both "black" and "white", i disagree with you. i don't know where you're from, and perhaps things are different there, but i'm from l.a. and as far as i can tell, the style of dress seems to be the same - jeans, jeans everywhere - and "hey excuse me" seems to be the way to hit on women in both atmospheres.





    like i said, from my experience, the actions of patrons at any kind of club tend to be abt the same - drinking, dancing, and the quest for random hookups.





    i do draw a line between "sounding" racist and "being" racist. if you sound like one, in my book, you are one. ignorance is not an excuse.



    as far as i can tell, all clubs are sweaty. heck, even high school dances in the gym are sweaty. anytime there are lots of ppl in a not so well ventilated place (like most clubs which don't have windows), there's going to be hot sweaty bodies. maybe "white" clubs are different where you're from, but i don't notice any less dancing or any more space at "white" clubs. as a matter of fact, the "white" club they went to looked even more crowded and sweaty than kress (the club they're always going to). really, this is almost laughable considering white clubs tend to be the home of things like slam dancing and mosh pitting.




    i'm slightly taken aback and highly offended by this. seems to me that you view black culture as impoverished and hood and white culture as wealthy and elite. you know the term "white trash" did come from somewhere . . . stereotyping sucks. i am a black chick and i most certainly did not grow up impoverished or have any need to "escape the ghetto" . . . as a matter of fact i went to elite private schools and UC Berkeley. can you believe it?

    White chick here....people are the same everywhere...basically...you have trash...you have good folks....and yes the girl is a racist. There are all races and cultures in the Hood as in the Country Club today. Some people should get accustomed to it.

  8. #548
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: Bad Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Shay_na;3796660;
    Okay whomever slapped Flo across the face, why didnt they go home?

    Two, Natalie, she SPIT on Kate, S P I T. That is grounds for a sit down talk about if Natalie should get to steppin or not...

    Sorry this wasnt yesterdays show, it was last weeks. Im a little behind. Anyone want to fill me in on what happened?
    Spitting on someone is assault.

  9. #549
    Kneel before your god gamer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    485

    Re: Bad Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796753;
    i'm slightly taken aback and highly offended by this. seems to me that you view black culture as impoverished and hood and white culture as wealthy and elite. you know the term "white trash" did come from somewhere . . . stereotyping sucks. i am a black chick and i most certainly did not grow up impoverished or have any need to "escape the ghetto" . . . as a matter of fact i went to elite private schools and UC Berkeley. can you believe it?
    I'm not looking to get into any long back and forths but this only serves to reinforce my original point.

    No, I do not view either culture as better than the other one, I view them as different. You are extrapolating beyond what my intended point was.

    I stated a fact, white America controls the bulk of wealth and power. I don't see how that implies I believe that the culture of the majority is better. All that is is stating the truth. Was this disparity built on the backs of minorities: YES, but that's another topic entirely.

    "White trash" is yet another culture with different "rules of conduct". I didn't bring that up because that wasn't part of this particular discussion.Not once did I imply all blacks grow up in the ghetto or are impoverished. You seemed to have pulled this out of left field.

    You going to elite private schools only reinforces my point on culture. You were exposed early on to the cultural norms that allow you to be successful in life now. At the same time, as a black woman you also likely had exposure to more "black" culture, so you have the ability to adapt and thrive in both. Kate likely did not have this luxury. Every group of people has their own culture, all are equally valid. The problems arise when there are differences in the cultures. Saying otherwise is ignoring the problem.

    I am from the Midwest, I attend events/clubs with both cultures I am discussing(though I don't do "White trash" clubs, I don't like that culture, that doesn't make me racist against all whites), and they are starkly different. My early exposure to both, like you, allows me to function in both adeptly. Neither is "better" than the other or the "right" way to behave.

    To completely discount cultural differences is naive, as is to label anyone who cannot properly articulate that these differences make the feel uncomfortable "racist".

    To really end this cycle of racial tension in America, whites need to be sensitive to the fact that their prosperity was build on the backs of minorities, and they need to make some better steps to understand cultures that make them uncomfortable. Blacks need to stop labeling every little comment "racist" and need to focus on building up our own community, and understand that most people are just as unfamiliar with your culture as you are theirs.

    Unfortunately with the bulk of wealth and power still in the hands of the
    "majority" culture, they have little motivation to learn this, and is seems blacks are mostly interested in labeling everyone and everything "racist" rather than trying to attack the underlying cultural differences that are the true cause. Majority culture wants everyone to "assimilate". Minority cultures(not just black) tend to not want to assimilate. This causes friction. Should anyone HAVE to assimilate?: No, but this isn't a utopia, and typically assimilation is necessary if you want to succeed in the corporate world, right or not.

    Cosby has hinted at this, and blacks labeled him "self-hating". Barack has hinted at this, and Jesse Jackson said he wanted to "Cut his nuts off" for "talking down" to blacks, when really Obama was saying what I am trying to say here. So of course now there will be those who try to twist my words and somehow label be "racist" against myself. Neither side is willing to learn and embrace the other in the way it will take for unity. I hope I live long enough to see this unity happen.
    Last edited by gamer83; 01-14-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

  10. #550
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: Bad Girls

    Well here I am again..the little white chick...saying America be ready...whites will not be the majority for long..nor will they control the wealth for long...who cares what color you are...your behavior is what matters most.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.