+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Split Ends

Split Ends

Ran across a new show on the Style Network that I've been enjoying so figured I'd share. I've seen 2 episodes so far and both have been a lot of fun. If you're into the hair salon stuff, it may be worth a shot.

SPLIT ENDS
    Can a high-end Beverly Hills stylist actually pull off a blue rinse, wash and set in Smalltown, USA? What's a barber from the heartland to do when faced with the demands of a big-city client? Catch the hair-raising antics on Split Ends to find out!

Tune in to see stylists switch roles and settings, to the complete surprise of their unsuspecting clients and coworkers. Day one of the swap features the stylists' orientation at their new salons, learning the "house rules" and acclimating to their new environment. Day two is the stylists' first day of work in their temporary digs. Day three turns the tables on the salon workers, as the visiting stylists get to apply their unique management styles and do things their own way.

Will there be a mutiny among the beauticians, or will staffers prefer the new boss to their own shop owner? Sure, a fancy stylist can waltz in with a snobby attitude, but if he or she can't keep the customers satisfied, the ship is sure to sink.

After the swap, the two stylists return to their home salon with some new tricks--and maybe a few new gray hairs. Watch Style every Saturday night at 6 to see who's left standing after all the suds are rinsed away!

http://www.stylenetwork.com/ssms-sit...do?showId=6271

I just caught a repeat of this today and really liked it.
    I am DVR-ing what I assume must be the other of the 2 that has played out already. I was gonna come on here and see if anyone had heard of it, but you beat me to the punch I'm glad to know that there will be more of them on and it wasn't just some old show I caught a fluke old repeat of.

You know, now that I go to the website and see the episodes that have played thusfar I am a bit confused... they seem to have many many airings of episodes 101 and 103 but not a mention of 102. A fluke in labeling perhaps?
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 11-25-2006 at 03:13 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The two that I see listed on the website are the same two I've seen CN, so I'm leaning toward your idea of a fluke in labeling.

Ok I watched this for the first time. It was ok. Personally I could deal with Vinnie and his bunch vs Jodys' bunch (especially the creative director .ugh)

I've only seen the episode with the Hollywood guy who when to Texas to do big pagent hair. Oh man, I felt terrible for him the whole time.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

That one is being rerun here in a minute - I'll post later

I love this show! Just recently discovered it by accident. The last one I saw was the guy from Davie, FL. That "receptionist" was downright scary and rude! I didn't care for any of those people at Salon Elegant (what a joke that was) except for the hairstylist. I really liked him. Oh, and that last woman of hers, as the test (other hair stylist)...tacky, tacky tacky. The sad thing was she actually thought her hair looked good.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2187007;
    I love this show! Just recently discovered it by accident. The last one I saw was the guy from Davie, FL. That "receptionist" was downright scary and rude! I didn't care for any of those people at Salon Elegant (what a joke that was) except for the hairstylist. I really liked him. Oh, and that last woman of hers, as the test (other hair stylist)...tacky, tacky tacky. The sad thing was she actually thought her hair looked good.
    I couldn't believe it! The receptionist drinks beer without her teeth in, criticizes everything, acts like she owns the place. she WAS scary. Yes that last woman didn't want anything new, she wanted her hair the way it was, so then the receptionist combs it out to how it was?? What's that all about?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie

split end

great funny show-
    cannot beleive the receptionist without any teeth
    eltch-
    when this show was cast, they wanted to see lots of personality and drama.
    and man oh man did they ever cast great. i cannot wait to see the rest of them.
    its nice to see that even though they are removed from their comfort zone, they can still do their same work and do it well.
    most of the people on each show had a different character and personality, i bet the casting was also fun to see,

FORT Newbie

Robert Get Rid of The Receptionist

Robert at Salon Elegant in Davie, FL seems to be a classy guy and very talanted but he "NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE TRASHY TRAILER PARK TRASH RECEPTIONIST" she gives the place a bad name and come on do you really allow your employees to drink while on duty?? And PLEASE give her a raise so she can buy some TEETH!

I know Davie is looked at as a small country city just outside of Fort Lauderdale BUT there is also some big money living there so PLEASE, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR RECEPTIONIST -- my God man you just let her make an ass of your salon to everyone all over america and beyond!!
    Last edited by Lampaigio; 12-27-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: better way of saying what I wanted to say

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast