+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Split Ends

I just caught this show tonight when channel surfing. The Style Network was showing the episode with Vinnie and Jody. After checking it out for a minute or so, I left the channel there. Was an interesting show, think I'll try to catch it more often if I can remember about it.

I didn't catch the first 5 minutes of the show, but what I saw was interesting. When I first tuned to it, it was where Vinnie was outside smoking and being told to come back inside and tend to his client, and Jody was with Vinnie's cousin (I think that's who it was) who wanted a 'Jersey look' on a buzz cut and Jodie didn't know what that was. Just going forward for a few minutes from that, I didn't think I'd like these two, but as it played out, they seemed to both learn to grow and appreciate the other's environments and opportunities. And when they finally left to return to their own salons, the good feelings between them and their temporary co-workers seemed genuine. So it ended on an upbeat note, with both of them learning or re-learning some things and having learned a bit of humility as well.

I enjoyed it, and will try to remember to catch it again.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Split Ends - Style Network

Is anyone else watching this 'new' episode with Weavin' Stephen from Pittsburg and Melanie from Nashville?

Stephen is unbelievable. Aside from his obvious need to be the center of attention in all aspects of life on this planet, his personality is so obnoxious. I can't stand people like that in general (the kind who dress/talk/walk/reek for maximum shock value and have complete disrespect for other people in everything), and I certainly wouldn't stand for having a hairstylist like that assigned to me. All I can say about him and his attitude is "ick, someone needs to give him a good slap back into the stone age". And he can take his cell phone that "needs to be on at all times" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Just ick.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: Split Ends - Style Network

All I can say is ditto. Then when he stuck that flag ensemble on Johnny Cashs sister, ICK! That is not MY idea of having fun. I have not seen someone so full himself in such a long time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Split Ends

Does anyone watch this show or is it too ho hum? I've watched a few of them and found it rather interesting. I hope I didn't start a thread that was already here somewhere.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Re: Split Ends

I've just recently discovered this show. I like it, but I also liked Blow Out .

Do they get any money (besides whatever they get from the haircuts)? Do they just switch places to see how things are done somewhere else?

The first episode I saw was when the Australian girl switched with the small town woman whose mom owned the salon. After that I try to catch it when I can. Today I saw the one where Tony from NY switched with a girl from Ft. Worth, TX. But he was the owner so I wondered why he switched and not one of his employees. I didn't see the beginning.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 09-20-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When will we see new episodes?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My DVR hasn't picked up a new one in about a month I don't see any episodes listed on the official website that I haven't seen either. Hopefully it'll come back soon because it was fun weekend viewing for me when nothing else was on.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I've actually enjoyed this show too. It was a hoot to watch John Barrett do hair in a Tennessee home based salon with goats in the front yard and no assistants. For a guy who comes from Ireland and grew up in London, why does he have that weird accent (it doesn't really sound like received pronunciation, it's almost southern). Funny, in his bio it says "the Irish-born Mr. Barrett transformed the once-stuffy landscape of the hair salon into a vibrant, festive scene..." yet the way his managers treated that girl from Tennessee showed just how stuffy their salon still is.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Those two snobby ladies in the bergdorf's salon need to be taken down a peg or two. They needed to be reminded they do hair and get over themselves.

FORT Newbie

Re: Robert Get Rid of The Receptionist

Quote Originally Posted by Lampaigio;2188352;
    Robert at Salon Elegant in Davie, FL seems to be a classy guy and very talanted but he "NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE TRASHY TRAILER PARK TRASH RECEPTIONIST" she gives the place a bad name and come on do you really allow your employees to drink while on duty?? And PLEASE give her a raise so she can buy some TEETH!

I know Davie is looked at as a small country city just outside of Fort Lauderdale BUT there is also some big money living there so PLEASE, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR RECEPTIONIST -- my God man you just let her make an ass of your salon to everyone all over america and beyond!!
    heck, i'd move to Davie just to take Kay's job...I wouldn't mind working for Robert. Having seen the show I liked his personality and thought he was a very talented, well-rounded stylist. I also really enjoy making people feel at ease, and I think he made it clear at the beginning of the episode that he wants his clients to feel at ease.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast