+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Endurance: High Sierras 2006 - 2007

Weekly Recap
    Episode Eight: Superboats

It’s a new day in the High Sierras, and the superteams — Red, Purple and Orange versus Blue, Yellow and Green — are ready to battle it out. In this competition, they’ll determine which trio will earn the right to choose the two teams that will visit the Temple of Fate that evening. The Blue and Yellow teams are annoyed that Purple has protected their friends Cealey and Alex by placing them on their “weaker” superteam, basically ensuring that Green will not be going to Temple whether they win or lose today’s mission. (If the Blue/Yellow/Green team wins the mission, they’ll automatically be safe from Temple, and if the Red/Purple/Orange team wins, they’ll certainly decide to send Blue and Yellow to Temple and protect their friends on the Green team.) Then, just when Blue and Yellow think things can’t get any worse, Cealey bombastically decides to wear purple shorts, blatantly displaying her alliance with Dakota and Kelsey, of the Purple team! Aric finds this offensive, decides that he can’t really count on Green’s support in the upcoming mission, and determines that it’s up to himself, Lilly and his friends on the Blue team to win the mission. It’s the only way to save themselves from going to Temple, and to hopefully put a dent in the Purple-Green-Red-Orange alliance that hangs over the game.
    Later on, when JD gathers the group in front of the huts to update them a bit on the day’s mission, he drops another major twist on the group — only one team will actually play in the day’s challenge, representing their entire superteam! Each superteam will have to come to a group decision on which individual teams will represent them in the mission and hopefully save all three teams from a visit to the Temple that night. JD gives the superteams 15 minutes to make their decisions, then promptly leaves. The choice for each Superteam is pretty obvious: thus far in the game, the Purple team has been a monster in winning missions, so the Red/Purple/Orange alliance decides it is safest to have Dakota and Kelsey play in this mission. For the Blue/Yellow/Green superteam, Blue and Yellow know that there is no way they’re letting Green represent them, since they have nothing to play for. Plus, since Connor and Taylor have a better track record in the missions already played, the alliance decides that Blue will represent their superteam.

Once the 15 minutes are up, JD meets up with the contestants at the water and explains the game, “Superboats,” to Purple and Blue. While resting on wooden rafts, the teams must paddle out into the water three times to capture three flags representing each team on their superteam. Once a flag is captured, the team must paddle back to shore to plant the flag on the beach. The first team to plant all their superteam’s colored flags on the beach wins.

The game begins and Purple takes the lead early, capturing their own purple-colored flag and planting it onshore. Blue isn’t too far behind, and shortly thereafter plants the Yellow team’s flag. After the second flags are placed, the Purple team still holds the lead, planting their red flag shortly before Blue plants the Yellow team’s flag. On the third leg of the challenge, it looks like Blue might catch up and take the lead, but ultimately Purple hold them off and plants their final flag, the Orange team’s flag, first. The Red/Purple/Orange superteam is ecstatic, as they’re safe from elimination for at least one more night!

The contestants return to the treehouses. Blue and Yellow assume they will be sent to Temple, since it was Purple’s plan all along to keep Green safe. However, all is not well within the Purple-Green-Red-Orange alliance. Max is tired of Green being carried along by Purple and doesn’t think it’s fair that Yellow has to go Temple twice in a row. He tries to gather a meeting of their winning superteam, to get Purple to turn against Green. However, when Max approaches Dakota and Kelsey, Cealey is with them and takes the implication that Max wants Green gone as an insult. Max’s plan never goes any further, but a seed has been planted in everybody’s minds that Green has been coasting along with undeserved protection from Purple. Meanwhile, outcast teams Blue and Yellow have segregated themselves from the rest of the group and are contemplating their futures at the Temple of Fate.

Later on, JD gathers the teams to find out who will be going to Temple. Although everyone knows who is on the chopping block, JD asks Kelsey to state her decision out-loud and make it official. There are no surprises: Blue and Yellow will be going to Temple, and one of them will exit the game by the evening’s end. Even though Taylor knew it was coming, she is visibly upset when the announcement is made. Blue and Yellow pack their gear, say their goodbyes and make the long trek to meet their destinies.

JD welcomes Blue to the Temple for the first time and Yellow back for their second visit. The game begins. The teams make their first choices and wait nervously for the dominant element to rise. Blue picks the first winner — water, over Yellow’s fire. The teams make their second choice. Blue picks fire, Yellow picks wood. When the dominant element rises, it is fire. After just two rounds in, the Blue team has won and Yellow is forced to leave the High Sierras forever. JD congratulates Lily and Aric for having played a very honest game. After Yellow exits, JD congratulates Blue and tells them to head back to the treehouses. When Taylor and Connor arrive, to everyone’s surprise, the four remaining teams cheerfully greet them. Although Blue’s return at the treehouses is seemingly full of goodwill, do Connor and Taylor actually stand a chance of not being the next team strategically picked off from the game? Will the final four include the alliance of Purple, Red, Orange and Green? Find out next time on Endurance: High Sierras!

http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/e.../recap508.html

Personally I think the smartest teamright now is Orange. I mean, they're a part of a really strong alliance, and they keep low on the radar. No one really cares whether they're there or not. I don't think they'll win, but I still think that they're really smart.
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

I just watched tonights episode. I'm reluctantly rooting for Blue now, because I hate all of the other teams. I take it back about orange too. They were pretty stupid, lying like that.
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

For the first time in all the seasons of endurance im rooting for the popular crew. I was rooting for Blue and Gray up until they screwed there former teammate's i didn't like that. It was kind of smart but at the same time it was still stupid. Cealey impressed me.

FORT Fan
    Blue is the only likable team left IMO. I'm really proud of Taylor for finally realizing that they were trying to con her into losing. She's finally thinking for herself. At this point, I don't see how purple won't make the final 2. They have that immunity piece, unless Blue wins the next temple (possibly Red) and knocks that immunity piece away from them, they will be in the finals. Even at that I doubt they would lose if they went to temple final 3.

Except for the blue team all of these kids are repulsively mean and uncaring. Especially the boy from the purple team. I REALLY hope karma gets him in the end. :nono

I'm going to quote Max's final words. After Taylor told him, "that's what you get for lying," Max replies, " well...It's not like it's a sin or anything."
    Is that just me or is that the lamest excuse I've ever heard???

-The Producers

Grrr.... I always forget.

Weekly recap - ep 10 - there is not recap for 9

NOTE: Either ep 9 is missing or this recap is mislabled on the website. Check out the bottom of this post there is no recap for ep 9.

Weekly Recap
    Episode Ten: It's a Drag

It’s a new day in the High Sierras. JD meets the remaining 10 contestants at the treehouses, to find out who will get the Yellow team’s two pyramid pieces. Not wasting any time, JD asks Kelsey to read the note that Yellow left for the entire group. In their letter, Arik and Lilly advise those still playing the game to really think about whom they send to Temple in the future. They believe the team that demonstrates the most endurance should be the one that wins the most missions and earns the most pieces — the game shouldn’t be all about popularity With that, Yellow leaves their pieces to Connor and Taylor, on the Blue team. Blue now has five pieces total, and more importantly, a two-piece lead over Purple (Dakota and Kelsey)!
    Just as the remaining contestants come to grips with Yellow’s decision to leave Blue their pieces, JD informs the group of the latest twist: a surprise Temple mission will be played today, and one more team will be going home by nightfall. The five remaining teams are in utter shock!

An air of panic surrounds the treehouses, and Connor wonders whether Blue team’s five pieces are more of a hindrance than a blessing. With so many pieces, Connor worries that he and Taylor will still be a target for Temple. Meanwhile, Purple begins to question their alliance with the Green team. Dakota mentions to Kelsey that he’s tired of carrying Green. He feels that they’ve been protecting Cealey and Alex so much that they’ve been basically getting a free ride for the whole game! But the Green players also realize this and do everything they can to pump themselves up for the Temple mission. Cealey and Alex know they must win to solidify their status in the game.

Finally, at the clearing, JD tells the kids about the mission they are about to compete in. In this game, called “It’s a Drag,rdquo; the contestants are challenged to drag a container filled with over 280 pounds of water across the clearing to the finish line. This mission is all about teamwork, because the teams can only use their collective strength and three wooden logs to maneuver the container across! On JD’s mark, the players go to work. From the start, the Orange (Max and Kristine) and Green teams are in close competition, with Blue trailing not far behind. But from almost out of nowhere, Green summons their strength and displays a sense of teamwork that no other team seems to have. They eventually take a commanding lead. In the end, Green — the team that hasn’t won anything the entire game — leaves everyone in the dust and wins easily! Taylor and Connor are devastated; they know that Blue will automatically be one of the two teams sent to the Temple of Fate, as theirs is the odd team out of the Purple-Green-Red-Orange alliance.

But which team from the alliance will go to Temple tonight? Without much debate, Alex and Cealey decide Orange will be joining Blue at Temple. Despite the bad news, Max and Kristine refuse to go down without a fight — they almost immediately begin plotting a way to make sure they’ll beat Blue at Temple. Max asks Dakota if he will falsely tell the Blue team what Orange’s “strategy at Temple” will be, similar to the ploy Yellow used to beat Gray in the first Temple in the High Sierras. Dakota agrees to help Orange and proceeds to tell Taylor the elements Orange will be picking at Temple that night. But Taylor is a bit skeptical of Dakota’s information, so she asks Kelsey if Dakota is telling the truth. Kelsey neither confirms nor denies what Dakota has said, leaving Taylor in limbo.

Evening arrives, and the Blue and Orange teams finally arrive to meet JD at the Temple of Fate. Taylor and Connor appear extremely focused, which causes the Orange team to wonder whether their strategy of tricking Blue will work or not. JD begins the first round: Orange picks fire and Blue picks water! After the first-round win, Taylor coldly glances over at Orange and says, “That’s what you get for lying,” calling their bluff. In the second round, Blue picks fire and Orange picks water, bringing things to a tie. Then, in the third and final round, Blue picks water and Orange picks fire — eliminating them from the game! Connor and Taylor are ecstatic about their win, and they can’t wait to see everyone’s shocked faces when they return. But even though one of the teams from the game’s dominant alliance is now gone, can the Blue team outlast the remaining Purple, Green and Red teams? Can Connor and Taylor find a way to get payback on the teams that have plotted against them from the start and manage to win it all? Find out next time on Endurance: High Sierras!

Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, Episode 7, Episode 8, Episode 10

Where is Episode 9 ????

http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/e.../recap510.html
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

^Episode 9 was a recap episode.

+ Reply to Thread