+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 209
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

  1. #1
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593

    Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

    Anybody watch this? I just LOVE the DCC, have since I was a kid. It's amazing to see what they go through. It does bother me a little that they scrutinize their bodies so much.

  2. #2
    Adelitas Way 7.14.09 libra1022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,222
    I'm recording this tomorrow myself. Karna do you happen to know if it's the same special that they ran last year? I've seen another CMT special about their tryouts but wasn't sure if it was the same one.

  3. #3
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593
    No this is different, this is a 3 part series I believe, goes into a little more detail than that first one did. You see some of the girls from the first special, some of them don't make it.

  4. #4
    kero kerowyn66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    466
    GOOOOO BUCKSSSS
    Hello from Columbus, Ohio!
    Nice to see another Buckeye.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

  5. #5
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593
    Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    GOOOOO BUCKSSSS
    Hello from Columbus, Ohio!
    Nice to see another Buckeye.
    Hey! There's actually a few of us on here!

  6. #6
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hey, I'm a Buckeye too!

  7. #7
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593
    copacetic! Go Bucks!

    I was wrong Libra, it's an 8 part series and goes farther than training camp, we get to see games and appearances too.

  8. #8
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    42
    I'm watching it. I feel so bad for the girls that are told that they are too heavy, and they are like a size 2 instead of a size 0. It's definitely not all fun and games. Anyone trying to keep themselves from cheating and looking on the web for a roster to see who makes it?

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,245
    I've begun TiVo'ing it. It's pretty funny. I think they choose some finalists for their appearance...i.e. anyone that stands out a bit. I feel pretty sure that the woman from Japan and the woman who "looks like Julia Roberts" will be in the final cut - there are so many blonds with Mystic Tans in the pool to choose from. Not that any of them are lesser dancers than the others.

    I remember reading an article years ago in one of Mom's magazines, by a woman who'd been a DCC during its pinnacle. (Anyone remember the Tv movie starring Jane Seymour, or the real DCC's appearance on Love Boat? Guess you'd have to be older - like me, Lol) Anyway the woman said cheerleading is so huge in Texas anyway, and the DCC are practically sacred there. But the hardest part was staying so razor-thin as the uniforms are so unforgiving and the slightest weight gain shows in photos too. She said one cheerleader always got great feedback at weigh-ins, but she was on cocaine. But it was one way that some of them kept up with the brutal schedule, their other lives too, plus kept weight off.

    The article-writer didn't do things that way though. She stayed in for a while, and then married and had a family. DCC are definitely a unique part of Americana.

  10. #10
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace232521 View Post
    I'm watching it. I feel so bad for the girls that are told that they are too heavy, and they are like a size 2 instead of a size 0. It's definitely not all fun and games. Anyone trying to keep themselves from cheating and looking on the web for a roster to see who makes it?
    That bothers me too about how it's all about the weight. Some of those girls being told they're "too heavy" IMO don't have an ounce of fat on them! I glanced at their website and I know a couple that made it, trying to restrain myself though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    there are so many blonds with Mystic Tans in the pool to choose from.
    I think it's actually a requirement that they be tan because they look better in the uniform

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I remember reading an article years ago in one of Mom's magazines, by a woman who'd been a DCC during its pinnacle. (Anyone remember the Tv movie starring Jane Seymour, or the real DCC's appearance on Love Boat? Guess you'd have to be older - like me, Lol)
    I totally remember that!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    She said one cheerleader always got great feedback at weigh-ins, but she was on cocaine. But it was one way that some of them kept up with the brutal schedule, their other lives too, plus kept weight off.
    That's really sad to hear, I'm really surprised they don't do drug testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    DCC are definitely a unique part of Americana.
    I totally agree!

    I like how they're making Kelli look more human this time around. They made her out to be such a robotic bitch in the first special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.