+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Anybody watch this? I just LOVE the DCC, have since I was a kid. It's amazing to see what they go through. It does bother me a little that they scrutinize their bodies so much.

I'm recording this tomorrow myself. Karna do you happen to know if it's the same special that they ran last year? I've seen another CMT special about their tryouts but wasn't sure if it was the same one.

No this is different, this is a 3 part series I believe, goes into a little more detail than that first one did. You see some of the girls from the first special, some of them don't make it.

GOOOOO BUCKSSSS
    Hello from Columbus, Ohio!
    Nice to see another Buckeye.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    GOOOOO BUCKSSSS
    Hello from Columbus, Ohio!
    Nice to see another Buckeye.
    Hey! There's actually a few of us on here!

FORT Newbie
    Hey, I'm a Buckeye too!

copacetic! Go Bucks!

I was wrong Libra, it's an 8 part series and goes farther than training camp, we get to see games and appearances too.

FORT Newbie
    I'm watching it. I feel so bad for the girls that are told that they are too heavy, and they are like a size 2 instead of a size 0. It's definitely not all fun and games. Anyone trying to keep themselves from cheating and looking on the web for a roster to see who makes it?

I've begun TiVo'ing it. It's pretty funny. I think they choose some finalists for their appearance...i.e. anyone that stands out a bit. I feel pretty sure that the woman from Japan and the woman who "looks like Julia Roberts" will be in the final cut - there are so many blonds with Mystic Tans in the pool to choose from. Not that any of them are lesser dancers than the others.

I remember reading an article years ago in one of Mom's magazines, by a woman who'd been a DCC during its pinnacle. (Anyone remember the Tv movie starring Jane Seymour, or the real DCC's appearance on Love Boat? Guess you'd have to be older - like me, Lol) Anyway the woman said cheerleading is so huge in Texas anyway, and the DCC are practically sacred there. But the hardest part was staying so razor-thin as the uniforms are so unforgiving and the slightest weight gain shows in photos too. She said one cheerleader always got great feedback at weigh-ins, but she was on cocaine. But it was one way that some of them kept up with the brutal schedule, their other lives too, plus kept weight off.

The article-writer didn't do things that way though. She stayed in for a while, and then married and had a family. DCC are definitely a unique part of Americana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace232521 View Post
    I'm watching it. I feel so bad for the girls that are told that they are too heavy, and they are like a size 2 instead of a size 0. It's definitely not all fun and games. Anyone trying to keep themselves from cheating and looking on the web for a roster to see who makes it?
    That bothers me too about how it's all about the weight. Some of those girls being told they're "too heavy" IMO don't have an ounce of fat on them! I glanced at their website and I know a couple that made it, trying to restrain myself though!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    there are so many blonds with Mystic Tans in the pool to choose from.
    I think it's actually a requirement that they be tan because they look better in the uniform

I remember reading an article years ago in one of Mom's magazines, by a woman who'd been a DCC during its pinnacle. (Anyone remember the Tv movie starring Jane Seymour, or the real DCC's appearance on Love Boat? Guess you'd have to be older - like me, Lol)
    I totally remember that!

She said one cheerleader always got great feedback at weigh-ins, but she was on cocaine. But it was one way that some of them kept up with the brutal schedule, their other lives too, plus kept weight off.
    That's really sad to hear, I'm really surprised they don't do drug testing.

DCC are definitely a unique part of Americana.
    I totally agree!

I like how they're making Kelli look more human this time around. They made her out to be such a robotic bitch in the first special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast