+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Season finale is tomorrow, this series is way too short, I want to see beyond training camp, games and stuff. It's on for me at 2:30 pm and again at 8 with a mini marathon beginning at 6pm.

After lurking around the DCC board and some others... I'm not feeling the same love for Kelli and the DCC anymore.

First off, Nina.. poor Nina.... I really liked her.... she evidently was so upset by being cut like that that she refused to do any interviews afterwards and cussed somebody out. Do you blame her? Really? I mean she said she was called in once at the beginning and then 10 weeks later with NO WARNING she is cut.

Then.. the girls get paid $50 a game but they have to pay for all their costumes and they have to pay for the training camp costumes and they have to pay for their forced make overs and I think they even have to pay for their calenders. Shoot.. they probably owe the DCC money just to cheer for them.

Insane.

Now I have no proof, of course, just comments I heard and read and it just makes me wonder and feel a little sorry for all those girls who dream of being professional cheerleaders only to get there and have to deal with all this.

I would like the show so much more if they showed the truth and spent more time on training (not the camp) and what really goes into being on the squad.

^^ All true, Harmony.... I lived in Texas for a time, and was amazed at the nearly religious aura of the Cowboys in general and the Cheerleaders in particular... It is hard to understand or explain, kind of like a cult or something... I guess these girls, wherever they may be from, are brought up with the idea that this is the highest achievement of Texas womanhood or something; the Miss Texas beauty pageants and major college cheerleaders have the same status...It really makes little sense outside of that culture... Although I kind of admire their devotion to the "cause" !!

FORT Newbie

Here is how getting paid as an NFL cheerleader works--you get a minimum amount for attending the games and do have to pay for your uniform,makeup etc. HOWEVER, if you go to sponsored events--say a restaurant wants to book the DCC for a non-charity event, money can be made that way,usually to offset the expense of uniforms, etc. But nobody makes a living at being a DCC or Raiderette.
    As for Meagan, I was really surprised she was cut--she is really pretty. Same with Nina If you go to the DCC site, you can see who made it and I was really surprised to see Kelli Jo made it--she is not pretty at all and her makeup looks like a 12 year old did it while playing with her mom's makeup

This show REALLY should have been aired DURING training camp because once the show started airing, we were already in football season and anyone could go to the site and se who made it.

Plus I'm a huge fan of HGTV's House Hunters and they keep doing ones in Texas with the DCC on it. Totally spoilered it. I agree that it should have been done during TC instead.

Also, since some people don't want to KNOW who made the squad.. please remember to spoiler the names. Alot of us have visited the site and already know who is on the squad but some reading this don't want to know ahead of time.

Welcome to the board and I didn't know about them making some money off the sponsored events. Still think its wrong that they have to pay for everything when the DCC makes so much money off them.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 11-03-2007 at 10:33 AM.

I've never really felt "love" towards Kelli, but I do admire the way she runs the DCC, she only wants the best. I think these cuts with no warning are partly for the show, we expect the ones being called in to end up getting cut but they're not. As far as them having to pay for everything, you have to do that with just about anything, even high school sports and cheerleading, but the girls aren't complaining, they evidently want it bad enough. I know I would do it. Well the finale is today, won't have to worry about spoilers anymore

Well it's over. Congrats Natalie, Ryan and Candice for making it the second time around!

I watched the whole marathon last night. That was a very interesting show and I really hope that they do another season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Wow, I never realized they don't get a salary for this. I can't imagine getting cut after putting out the money for everything during training camp.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The new season started last night. Judy's daughter and Trisha's sister are trying out. They're also portraying Kelli to be more down to earth, if that's possible

+ Reply to Thread