+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

I missed the first run of this 'series' (mini series?). My cable (CW tv?) channel didn't show it for some odd reason. So I don't know how they made Kelli look last time. I can see how she'd easily get a harsh edit, though.

Wasn't the fitness coach also on Wife Swap, by the way? Anyone?

If I recall, (not totally sure on this) the mag. article I read ages back, referred to the DCC in the 1970s. I think that's before drug tests were widely available (at least, one never heard about them). (So many things were a lot different then but that's another topic) I looked up the DCC Tv movie though (starring Bert Convy so that tells ya something right away ) and it's from 1979. It was pretty cheez-tastic (Seymour played an undercover reporter writing about the DCC, but she also makes the team). Too bad it isn't likely to air again.

Anyway kind of an... interesting reality show.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-09-2006 at 11:57 AM.

There was a 2 hour special the first time around, about a year ago. Kelli was very harshly edited. I can appreciate her wanting to run a tight ship though. I also read an interview with her somewhere on the net where she said it was hard for her to watch the show when she makes cuts, she said she feels bad, I thought that was nice.

I don't know about Jay being on Wife Swap.

I just wonder if they do drug test now and we're just not seeing it. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be portrayed in that light.

The 1979 movie was on CMT about a year ago, I still have it on my DVR. TOTALLY cheesy but fun!
    Last edited by karna68; 10-09-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Oh, was it on a year ago? How fun!

I'd bet they do drug tests now. A lot of places do those. But it was a big 'personal privacy rights' type of controversy back in the day.

Thanks for the info about the premiere episode.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I saw the special last year and I didn't think Kelli looked harsh. I just thought she looked like someone who was serious about the DCC. Does anyone know what years Kelli and the choreographer were on the team? I'm rooting for Deryn (sp?) from New Orleand. I think Kelli said she was sassy and a firecracker. Wasn't Kallie asked to ease up on the eye makeup? It looks like she hasn't. I'm tempted to go to the DCC website and peak to see who made it.

I didn't recognize Star Spangler from last year until they interviewed her.

Kelli was on the squad from 85-89, I'm not sure about Judy though. Judy is easy to recognize on the archives but Kelli has big blonde hair and is a little tougher to pick out. I've been able to resist not looking to see who makes it. I'm rooting for Brooke, Deryn and Natalie. I don't think Kalli makes it but I'm not positive. For fun I went to the CMT site and made a commercial, check it out!

http://makingthecommercial.cmt.com/view/30359f2d6f

Thanks. I googles a picture of Kelli and she a pile of big blond hair. That was the style then, but I think she looks much better now.

I was so sad to see Natalie get booted. I thought that she was beautiful. I wasn't surprised about Callie, she never seemed to look comfortable doing anything. I was surprised that they kept Yoshiko, she got a really harsh edit last night!

I loved how the singled Brooke and Kandi to tell them what a good job they are doing!

This show is so much fun to watch.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I was just sitting here watching "House Hunters" on HGTV and it was a whole episode about Dallas homes and of course, they had the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on there....I do remember seeing 3 of the girls from the show.....I saw
    Click to see Spoiler:
    rookies-Deryn (yeah!) and Kandi and veteran, Leah

When is the finale? I haven't watched this show faithfully...just caught it on CMT marathons....I hate to hear that Natalie got the boot....I loved her and thought she was really pretty....... When did
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Megan
    get the boot??? I had hoped she would make it......
    Last edited by bbnbama; 11-13-2006 at 10:50 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Meghan (the Julia Roberts lookalike?) got the boot after she didn't quite learn to be 'gracious' enough and her dancing was off, also. She was just sort of lax all around. It was after her failed book report, I think.
    I missed that episode due to a cable changeover, so I can't say more specifically. I wanted to see that ep also.

I saw that ep of House Hunters you mentioned. I was trying to scour those quick shots of the DCC for familiar faces, but only recognised one.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think it was Deryn.

I was surprised Callie stayed for so long.

+ Reply to Thread