+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I heard years ago that the girls made very little for the games themselves. But I do think there is money to be made in promotional appearances, calendars, etc. Plus, the "fringe benefits" must add to the appeal. I'm sure these girls get to mingle with with people many of them may never otherwise have the chance to meet. Who knows the connections they could make? If a girl is looking to find a rich husband, being a DCC definitely can't hurt And if a girl is intelligent, educated, attractive and articulate....I would think her time as a DCC would only serve to advance her chosen career.
    Good points. I guess we just don't get to see much of that on the show.

I watched a local show in NC about one of the Carolina Panther Cheerleaders. IT followed her as she tried out for the team. It was not as intense as the DCC program. If nothing else, I guess it's a way to stay in shape and have good, clean fun.

The new season starts on Sept 7th!!
    mom2 and NEPASue like this.

Wow that's soon! But

Yup! There are a couple of preview clips here: CMT.com : Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team : Shows Main

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I just set my dvr to record the series since noticing that this thread was updated. Love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I just set my dvr to record the series after seeing that this thread was recently updated. Love this show!!

Has anyone seen the first two episodes? Were you surprised by the Veterans who didn't make it back?
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

I just feel like years of service should count for something, instead of taking chances on new members. If they were slacking off in their season, thats one thing, but if they performed well then bring them back because they have proven themselves. I didnt have a problem with cassie returning.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I see what you are saying mom2 but I kind of had the feeling that they certainly know the expectations, particularly regarding their weight. They shouldn't need babysitting to have them prepared from the start. Maybe they weren't great enough as veterans to make it worthwhile to bring them back. Perhaps they were looking for an excuse to ditch them. Cassie was a different story IMO. I don't know why there was all that drama about her coming back. Wasn't that her teaching the routine this week?

I felt mildly bad for the girl that got cut. You can't make stupid mistakes anymore as a teen or young adult. The internet makes it way too easy for anyone to find out your business - good or bad. However, has she never watched the show? She should have known they'd find those pictures and cut her. It's just unfortunate these young girls are taking pictures like that which can and probably will create trouble for them somewhere down the road.

I find it difficult to get into the show anymore. I think this is why:

Click to see Spoiler:
    When I found out just how little money those girls are paid, it made me sick. It's basically the girls donating their time to be cheerleaders, so why the organization acts like it's such a priviledge is beyond me. If it's that important pay the girls at least enough to live on. The thing about it being an honor is no longer meaningful, since it seems the girls are actually taken advantage of.

+ Reply to Thread