+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team-CMT

Which one got hit? Was it one they've featured?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I am so happy Mackenzie was able to make the team! She is so cute and you could tell she had really been working on her kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Which one got hit? Was it one they've featured?
    Melissa Kellerman, who has been with the team for several years...

Does anyone know if the will do a Holiday Marathon as they have in the past? I missed a couple of episodes...
    Last edited by Trumpster; 12-11-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    mom2 likes this.

Did I read on this board what the girls make in salary? I looked, but couldn't find it. Here is a link about it. Don't look unless you really want to know. I wish I didn't know. It's changed my opinion about the entire organization.

NFLís Cheerleaders Salary ‹ The Richest People In The World 2011

It might not be what you think.

Click to see Spoiler:
    IMO, if you can't pay those girls more than $75-100 per show, then you shouldn't have them. It's really insulting, IMO. IMO it shows they don't really appreciate the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did I read on this board what the girls make in salary? I looked, but couldn't find it. Here is a link about it. Don't look unless you really want to know. I wish I didn't know. It's changed my opinion about the entire organization.

NFL’s Cheerleaders Salary ‹ The Richest People In The World 2011

It might not be what you think.

Click to see Spoiler:
    IMO, if you can't pay those girls more than $75-100 per show, then you shouldn't have them. It's really insulting, IMO. IMO it shows they don't really appreciate the girls.
    I knew that which is why I wonder why these young girls put up with that witch Kelly and let them be treated like 2nd class citizens
    Debb70 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I knew that which is why I wonder why these young girls put up with that witch Kelly and let them be treated like 2nd class citizens
    AMEN! I will never watch the show the same way again. What's wrong with this picture?

I was shocked when I learned what they make. But the reality is, they are being paid for one performance a week - they don't pay them for all the practice time. I know there have been many discussions about this in the past, but I believe the attitude in Texas is that these girls are close to royalty. Football players and cheerleaders! So these women are doing it for the prestige and exposure, not for the money.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I wonder why these young girls put up with that witch Kelly and let them be treated like 2nd class citizens
    I HATE to admit this, but I danced for a professional sports team nearly 10 years ago. It is a dream these girls have and they don't care how much they get paid. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a "dancing girl" in the uniform, so I worked at it since a kid. I don't think I knew that pay was chips until late high school, but by then, it was way too late...."living the dream took over". You do get treated poorly, not only when you don't get the moves -- but members of the opposing team woul throw things at us, they got us cheap shoes that HURT within an hour of wearing them, an the DRUNK fans were the worst. They loved to throw beer on us -- we called it "the beer shower." Not to mention, a lot of "appearances made us feel so dumb, but we smiled and took it in. But you know what? In public, we never spoke poorly of it and had a positive attitude because there were hundreds of girls waiting to take our places and we knew it.

The prestige of the travel (that I otherwise couldn't afford) and the experiences made it worth it. But a lot of the girls on these teams are "princesses" who will always have "daddy" and get married to rich guys during college and never "work" again. They use the team as a ticket to find men to take care of them. As for me, I only danced for a year because my college grades suffered and I couldn't afford to stay in the organization. Not to mention, I was always the "pudgy" one who had weight fluctuations and the coach pinched my belly a lot. Thinking back, I don't know how I made the team....Oh well.. I hope this provides insight.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks Channel5lady for the up close description of what it was like for you. My goodness, it sounds like a rather harsh time. I guess you can say you followed your dream.

It's up to these girls if they think it's worth it to invest so much time, energy, and work into being the DCC. If they love it, go at it. My 11 year-old niece is a big fan of theirs. She's a jr. cheerleader at her school. I doubt it would matter to her if she knew how the girls are paid.

I will really be viewing the show in a different light myself. In fact, when I think of the criticisms and nit picking by the two bosses, I just want to laugh.

I heard years ago that the girls made very little for the games themselves. But I do think there is money to be made in promotional appearances, calendars, etc. Plus, the "fringe benefits" must add to the appeal. I'm sure these girls get to mingle with with people many of them may never otherwise have the chance to meet. Who knows the connections they could make? If a girl is looking to find a rich husband, being a DCC definitely can't hurt And if a girl is intelligent, educated, attractive and articulate....I would think her time as a DCC would only serve to advance her chosen career.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread