+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

FORT Newbie

Re: Wife Swap - Season 3

This show cracks me up!

The Childs children seem guarded and worried about pleasing Daddy, which does not point toward a promising future. Of course, the kids will never see the TV show to see what their dad really said to the visiting mother, so they'll never see how he lied to them and how he lies to them daily.

True believers are scary. Not just fundamentalists in religions of all stripes, but political and moral and other true believers. Many of these true believers are like Daddy Childs, they engaged in behavior that they now believe to be wrong or evil and want to prevent (by force, brainwashing, laws, etc.) anyone else from engaging in that behavior.

Once the Childs children are out of the house and dealing with people outside their church and immediate family, they're going to go into shock. They don't know how to deal with life. Of course, some of the girls are going to marry and play Stepford Wife until they die. They'll be unhappy, but they won't recognize that they're unhappy, because they've been taught that this is what they're supposed to do, so what they feel must be what they're supposed to feel. Besides, they'll get their reward in the next life.

Now, both the husbands has obvious insecurity issues. Daddy Childs felt a need to have absolute authority over his household. Randall Heskett had to keep emphasizing his education and knowledge.

Kim and Randall need to work together and the daughters need to show Randall more respect and share in chores.

ok Did anyone else watch this weeks ep? with the Biker/Rockers and the retired military mom? and did the Biker/Rocker whatever they weres definitly have baby stuff ALL over the house but I watched it twice and they never said anything about a baby. That was weird.

FORT Fanatic

I saw it and also wondered about the baby. You'd think they would at least mention the kid somewhere (like junior's been shipped off to grandma because dad doesn't do women's work). I think the other family had older kids not mentioned as well.

The Biker mom needs to grow up and learn there's a huge difference between sexy & slutty. I get the feeling her hubby isn't as chauvinistic as he was portrayed, but merely going along with what she wanted. I couldn't believe she took 15 yr old's out clubbing & trolling for phone numbers.

OMG tonights episode - the 16 yr old bodybuilder kid looks just plain scary......not to mention ugly
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

yes and just 16. can we call Child protective service

FORT Fanatic

That was scary! Even scarier was dad - he looked like a stereotypical 70s bodybuilder complete with the retro hair & mustache. Or perhaps the scariest of all was mom - I understand wanting to do everything for your kids but at some point you have to realize the best thing you can do is to teach them self-reliance and personal responsibility. It's not like she'll move out with them and continue to be their personal slave. And they'll never get a wife who wants that job. I feel so sad for Guiseppe, mom's way to deal with his behaviour is to ship him off to military school? Yeah, that'll make him feel loved. Why not start by giving both boys equal attention and setting boundaries? It'll be rough but eventually he'll get it that they won't back down. Or at least call SuperNanny and get another 15 min of fame. Give the kid a chance.

FORT Fanatic

No one else watching?

It always amazes me how surprised these families are when they're expected to live by new rules. And they always react like it's the end of the world, not like it's just a few days of trying something new.

Uptight mom - if she's that rigid about things why did she bother to do the show? She refused to live in the trailer, she refused to listen to anyone but herself (loved when her hubby told her to hush & listen!). It's not surprising her daughters were just as snooty. Her husband's insistance that they have fun turned out to be a quick trip to the ice cream parlor. Wow they live on the edge.

I liked carnival family. They did need more structure, especially when it comes to diet. Even though carnival food is fun it's not meant to be for three meals a day every day. And the kids did need more focus on school but other than that I agree with their philosophy - kids need to be kids. There's plenty of time for stressing about life once you're an adult.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can I go on line and watch the past shows? Multiple other shows have sooo gotten in the way of this show, and I love it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2872756;
    No one else watching?

It always amazes me how surprised these families are when they're expected to live by new rules. And they always react like it's the end of the world, not like it's just a few days of trying something new.

Uptight mom - if she's that rigid about things why did she bother to do the show? She refused to live in the trailer, she refused to listen to anyone but herself (loved when her hubby told her to hush & listen!). It's not surprising her daughters were just as snooty. Her husband's insistance that they have fun turned out to be a quick trip to the ice cream parlor. Wow they live on the edge.

I liked carnival family. They did need more structure, especially when it comes to diet. Even though carnival food is fun it's not meant to be for three meals a day every day. And the kids did need more focus on school but other than that I agree with their philosophy - kids need to be kids. There's plenty of time for stressing about life once you're an adult.
    I felt bad for the carnival kids because they eat only crap food, have no friends, no structure or supervision.
    Uptight mom's family is not really that bad and is typical upper middle class family. I dare say, WASP.

+ Reply to Thread