+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

Re: Wife Swap - Season 3

I turned on the show when they were introducing us to the feminist mom, and I thought "oh dear, she's going to be the problem parent". Wrong! Oh my, but those pageant parents are a complete waste of space. I do feel sorry for young Paris. She appears that she might have been capable of some real depth and emotion, but those horrific toads who engendered her seem to have effectively smothered any ability in her to rise above. She seemed to be actively enjoying her time with the "feminist pig" toward the end, learning and baking and generally breaking out of her enforced role of "sparkler", but her idiot mother's return had her immediately returning to form, referring to feminist mom as a psycho.

Seriously, what sort of an idiot doesn't think it's a good idea for their kid(s) to learn self-sufficiency? I don't have kids myself, but if I did, the boys would learn to cook and to clean, and the girls would learn at least basic mechanics and home repair, and they would all help around the house and none of them would ever be allowed to speak to service staff in that manner without serious repercussions.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I had to refrain from reaching into my TV and smacking the "sparkle" family.
    That girl is going to be a BIMBO classic, and if no one steps up to take care of her and let her sparkle, she will be totally lost.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2740008;
    I watched. The pageant family was so ridiculous I almost didn't believe they were real. I felt sorry for the daughter, it's not her fault that her parents are complete morons.
    Dad was a jackass who needs to be taken out back behind the shed for a good ol' fashioned butt whipping. What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2740299;
    Dad was a jackass who needs to be taken out back behind the shed for a good ol' fashioned butt whipping. What a moron.
    moron? - you are being too kind I presume so you don't get censured? I could not stand them one iota. The way the daughter looked down on others.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie

Oh, I wanted to hit those "sparkle" parents! And his comment to the new mom, "You're being judged by 20 million people b/c you're an a**hole" or something to that effect. I just laughed that he really thought she would be the one who was going to be judged harshly by viewers.
    As far as the little girl "winning" the beauty pageant, I wondered if they said, Ok, for tv we're going to say this little girl won but we'll announce the real winner when the cameras are off. Or maybe it was refreshing for the judges to see a "real" little girl.

My first thought when they announced the 6-year-old the winner of the pageant was that all those other pageant moms (of the too adult looking 6- year-olds) would revolt and demand a recount. How dare the judges announce the chubby newbie the winner over our precious darlin' beauties?

I am sure it was rigged from the start that the 6-year-old would be the winner.

One of the problems I had with the feminist's family was when Dad stormed out of the driveway with his kids in the truck. He was just too angry to be behind the wheel. I also didn't get the idea that their daughters had too many friends outside of the house.

The sparkle parents....oh boy! Did I hear correctly that they spend over $100,000 a year on lil miss sparkle? They should take a fraction of that money and get her a tutor!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Both sets of parents were a bit over the top in their own directions....no...."sparkle" parents were ridiculous. Feminist mom seems to have her children almost afraid of the outside world. The oldest girl is terrified of what she "thinks" the outside world is about. I think the non-stop home schooling is really hurting that girl....but she is brilliant, academically. Unfortunately, Mom, it takes more than academics to make for a successful life. I loved feminist mom's "Diva daughter". She was a hoot! Liked how she was determined to be herself; Im guessing that, socially, she will do fine if given the chance. Don't know if it's the case or not, but the baby daughter looks like she is never allowed to walk (maybe she can't?) and never had on shoes. "Diva daughter" is the most grounded, that's for sure. Liked how she explained to her dad and the visiting mom what they needed to do to get along in the house! We did see a bit of normalcy when academic daughter got all dolled up, and seemed to really like what she saw in the mirror. Yes, dear, it's ok to smile and like what you see! There can be a healthy blend of academia and normal teenage stuff, plus learn about the practical things in life.

"Sparkle" parents just reminded me of how I see useless, crappy kids and how much I want to slap the people who made them that way. Dad reminded me of a pimp with the kinds of things he was saying about his daughter. Mother is a fool. Mom is losing so much by not sharing special times with her daughter like feminist mom did. "Sparkle daughter" doesn't respect her parents so much as she has been raised to expect financial and material things from them. Very sad. She'd better never move from home.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sparkle Dad kept saying how being pretty opens doors. Yes, it opens the door. But the only way that daughter is going to keep the job she gets from that open door is regular sexual favors with the boss, because she certainly can't do anything else. She said her Sweet 16 was coming up, but she's a freshman, which means she was either held back a year or started a year late. Well, I'm thinking that a 15-year-old that can't spell America probably spent two years in one grade. And the family's way of dealing with people by calling them names, what a horrible bunch of people. They don't really seem to have any friends, I mean, most of the families that appear on the show have friends over at some point, but no one showed up this week.

Now, I'm a feminist. Let's be clear on that, but I did think that ripping that picture up was ridiculous. I wonder if that was something the producers egged on Feminist Mom to do. And I agree that they need to get the kids more involved in clubs and/or sports outside the home. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing make-up, if you want to. Sometimes I do, most of the time I don't (hey, I'm older and I just don't wanna anymore). I did like that the fact that the daughters did seem mostly able to speak up for themselves, especially the middle daughter. I hope the older daughter gets some friends.

But, kid beauty pagents?! OMG!

And, now that the show has been on national television, I wonder how many of Sparkle Daughter's teachers are going to be reviewing her grades over all those projects that Sparkle Mom actually did for her.:nono

I found both families to be a little much. The Pageant Family completely over the top with their Daughter who can't spell America. The Fem Family scaring the heck out of their kids about what "real" school is like and for all intents and purposes cloistering them from the world.

I think Pageant Girl is in for a rude awakening if she thinks she can slide by on her looks for life. Looks fade and stupid lasts forever.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know why but the religious switches always seem to set my teeth on edge.

This week we got the brainwashed Childs family who believe men rule and women are there to be their "help mates". When the kids are informed by their new mom that their dad admitted to brainwashing them (he did say that!) they confronted their dad and lapped up his painfully ridiculous and manipulative explanation. I was so hoping they'd see through his lies considering they had the guts to call him on it, but alas his techniques trump their free thinking abilities.

Mommy Childs meanwhile got into a discussion about the evils of free thinking declaring that "You know who else like openness - the leaders of cults". Gee, wonder where that could have possibly come from. Because everyone knows how open cults can be.

I love how Dad Beckman-Heskett was able to throw the religious preachings of the Childs back in their face by preaching the actual text of the bible instead of the Childs mangled interpretations.

I feel horribly for Columbia Childs - Mommy Beckman-Heskett wasn't trying to pull her to the dark side, she was merely showing her that she could fulfill & achieve her own dreams without sacrificing her religion or family. But Daddy Childs was so threatened he removed Columbia from the home, re-brainwashed her and turned the other children into guards to ensure his control remained. Frightening really.

+ Reply to Thread