+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;2283823;
    The TN dad did not even know what a great family he had. I'm glad he's enjoying them more. Nice to see the other family finishing projects. Great to see both families spending more quailty time together, and finding a better balance.
    ITA. It looks like TN dad was finally able to not treat his wimmin folk "like puppies" and spend time with them having fun. And PA mom helping out was kind of obvious to the viewers at home: why should dad work 16 hours a day while mom kicks back and watches TV ummm "homeschools" the kiddies.

FORT Fan

Re: Wife Swap - Season 3

Did anyone watch this show tonight about the family of "Little People" who swap with the competitive sports family? When it came to the last part where they talk about what changes they have made after the swap, I accidentally pressed the wrong button on the remote (long story) and we missed the end. My daughter was upset as she was looking forward to seeing what changes they made. Any details on those last 4 or 5 minutes where they talk about changes in their families would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I did the same thing and missed much of the 'after the swap'. But I did see that the Athletes kept the game room, and the parents took the murals and put them in the game room since they didn't like them in the boy's bedroom.

I love this show and got teary at the end....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I got back in on the end where they showed the little people family playing on the lawn and eating healthier, the athletics were cutting dads lip and becoming more of a family, the Little People kids were doing chores
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan

Thank you Gabriel and Beerbelly!! I appreciate your time in posting this. What do you mean Gabriel by the athletic kids cutting Dad's lip though? Maybe it's a slang phrase I'm not familiar with, lol. Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne;2467230;
    Thank you Gabriel and Beerbelly!! I appreciate your time in posting this. What do you mean Gabriel by the athletic kids cutting Dad's lip though? Maybe it's a slang phrase I'm not familiar with, lol. Thanks again...
    From the parent-child "fun" interaction, I think they were either wrestling or using each other for punching bags and one of the kids either punched, or kicked dad and cut his lip - I found it amusing
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I stopped watching this and Trading Spouses because the families were so vile, but I thought I'd give it a try tonight (it was a repeat of the motocross & earth mother families). The motocross dad was such a big baby it reminded me of why I stopped watching these shows.

It's all well and good that they started paying some attention to their daughter, but they learned NOTHING about the environment.

FORT Fanatic

Anyone else see tonight's episode? That poor pageant kid. I don't know who was worse - her dad or her mom. Her dad throwing the new mom out because she *gasp* expected the kid to take care of herself instead of being catered to. She seriously expects to reach her dream of becoming a dentist without ever doing any kind of work (including homework)? And what does it teach when the dad calls the new mom horrible names, exaggerates how his daughter is being treated and allows her to give up when she doesn't want to do something. And then after berating the new mom for treating his daughter badly (which she never did) he turns around and completely demoralizes his daughter when she cooks her first meal.

Then her mom insulting the other family by telling the kids they're geeks and not worth anything because they don't "sparkle"? And then at the having the audacity to tell the feminist parents that their homeschooling was a mess. Hmmm, having a 12 yr old reading books about a college topic doesn't seem like a mess to me. Yet they have a 15 yr old who can barely read.

I give major props to the feminist parents. Not only did the mom manage to hold her temper (esp at the confrontation when pageant mom started insulting her 6 yr old) but they confronted the pageant parents insane accusations with dignity and respect.

What I don't get is how the 6 yr old feminist kid managed to win that pageant unless the judges based it on who looked like a real live person not who was the best looking walking talking robot. Those other kids scared me!

Premium Member

I watched. The pageant family was so ridiculous I almost didn't believe they were real. I felt sorry for the daughter, it's not her fault that her parents are complete morons.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2740006;
    Anyone else see tonight's episode? That poor pageant kid. I don't know who was worse - her dad or her mom. Her dad throwing the new mom out because she *gasp* expected the kid to take care of herself instead of being catered to. She seriously expects to reach her dream of becoming a dentist without ever doing any kind of work (including homework)? And what does it teach when the dad calls the new mom horrible names, exaggerates how his daughter is being treated and allows her to give up when she doesn't want to do something. And then after berating the new mom for treating his daughter badly (which she never did) he turns around and completely demoralizes his daughter when she cooks her first meal.

Then her mom insulting the other family by telling the kids they're geeks and not worth anything because they don't "sparkle"? And then at the having the audacity to tell the feminist parents that their homeschooling was a mess. Hmmm, having a 12 yr old reading books about a college topic doesn't seem like a mess to me. Yet they have a 15 yr old who can barely read.

I give major props to the feminist parents. Not only did the mom manage to hold her temper (esp at the confrontation when pageant mom started insulting her 6 yr old) but they confronted the pageant parents insane accusations with dignity and respect.

What I don't get is how the 6 yr old feminist kid managed to win that pageant unless the judges based it on who looked like a real live person not who was the best looking walking talking robot. Those other kids scared me!
    I saw the show tonight and I agree with everything you said! The pageant kids looked soooo plastic and fake except for the girl who won. Thank goodness they chose her. She looked so cute and real.

+ Reply to Thread