+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

I believe the husband did drink the raw egg.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Wow! That son has a bit of the satanic scream to him. He was frightening. Let the kid eat his raw meat, please.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I did not catch this episode, but I have heard of the raw food movment.
    I thought that the food could be cooked to a certain temperature, so that the bacteria would be killed. I could tolerate the vegetabels, but NO WAY could I eat or let my kids eat raw meat.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I accidentally ate 1/2 raw chicken the other day, and yeah..we laughed pretty good.
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-02-2007 at 07:42 PM.

I just watched tonights episode -pirate wife swaps place with rigid, control freak wife...Yes Pirate wife and her family are a bit much ( okay, they are way too much) but Control freak wifes daughter, who is 13, is incredibly plastic, empty headed and OH MY GOD SHE IS GOING TO REBEL when she gets older because EVERY MINUTE OF HER EXSISTENCE is determined by a list of things to be done which she keps taped to her wall. She doesn't knwo how to functionw ithout a detailed list teling her what to do when to do it and how to do it. no lie- she takes a shower at 7:05 am every morning because that's whats writyten down it's as if taking a shower two minutes sooner otr two minutes later would through her world into unimaginable chaos... I predict she will wind up drinking, doing drugs, sleeping around because she will be trying to desperatley escape the prison her mother has made for whatever is left of her soul. I never watch this show so maybe that's why i'm so shocked-not by the predicatble opposing mother personalities, but by the 13 year old girl. It's like she's a complete empty shell -except she doesn't know that- she's completley content focusing on picking which outfit to wear every morning, what type of make up she should wear in coordination of said outfit. She cries if things are not physically perfect. AS if she's going to die. She's a mean, nasty litle piece of work. I hope she gets help and learns to embrace life, learns to find out who she is as an individual (as it stands she doesn't have any individual thoughts or ideas or feelings- she doesn't even understand that she's suposed to have individual thoughts and ideas) she is a complete total copy of her mother, down to the last detail.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Has anybody noticed that Wife Swap seems to be resorting to gimmicks a lot? Was this the show that also had the Renaissance faire people, and the family that believed in fairies? Heck I think they'd get plenty of fireworks just blending red state and blue state families. No need to get all freaky.

Yea, I agree.

The show actually searches for gimmicks.
    The "raw food" family was told the show put a search out for that type of family and then applied.
    Friday night was a repeat. A prison guard mom and a dance coach mom.
    They both (and husbands) seemed to learn from the experience.

Yea..that's why we think the gimmicks (ie; asking for raw meat eaters to apply) aren't needed. Sometimes, without having to desperately search for "hot topics", better stories are smack dab in front of ya the whole time. I don't even think there's a need to even have such polar opposites even; have neighbor wives live with each others' hubbies. I don't even think I'm kidding..

I'm bored with these lately...but it is nice to see some learnin' coming outta of these here shows lately.

FORT Fogey
    The TN dad did not even know what a great family he had. I'm glad he's enjoying them more. Nice to see the other family finishing projects. Great to see both families spending more quailty time together, and finding a better balance.

+ Reply to Thread