+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

I missed why they had to end the swap early... can anyone fill me in please?

cdn, I already erased the episode or I'd double check it...but it was something about an emergency in the immediate family. I'm guessing a death/sickness of a close relative? If I'm not mistaken they said something else about it right before the couples did their meetup, but I'm not sure what since I had somebody here yakking in my ear through most of the ending.

10/9 Wife Swap show

Tonight's show is funny...Its basically an extremely overweight family and an extremely fit family...

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;2079103;
    The pizza incident was in the first hour of wife swap with a different family, but there house was just as nasty as the Pirate family minus the fleas, but they did have dog poo in there house though...
    They may not have had clean houses, but the uptight, rude people in both those episodes did not have clean souls. The part-time pilot was the nastiest person I have ever seen on any of those swap shows, and the teenage girl in the organizer house was not far behind. At least the horrid man had a humane daughter in the "pizza slice" episode. But he and that cheerleader girl from the other episode had no redeeming value as human beings. I have taken these shows off my Tivo as they don't seem to have any redeeming value, either.

FORT Newbie
    I was surprised that this reality show doesn't get much fan attention. My DH knows the Booker family from NY and says they are really sweet. He felt bad that the wife Regina got a lot of negative attention (camera shots of her eating quite often) as he believes her to be nice, and not attention seeking at all.

I think the "fit" family will have a reality check in a few years when thier children start making their own decisions and prove to have minds of thier own. Would love to be a fly on the wall the first time the kids assert their individuality when it doesn't suit mom or dad.

I think casting should be done more carefully. I really don't want to watch a show in which the family members decide not to follow the rules such as the "fit" family. Why did they bother to come on the show if they can't live up to the agreement to follow the other wife's rules? No honor in that and it makes for boring TV IMHO.

Just my thoughts.....

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit;2113092;
    I think casting should be done more carefully. I really don't want to watch a show in which the family members decide not to follow the rules such as the "fit" family. Why did they bother to come on the show if they can't live up to the agreement to follow the other wife's rules? No honor in that and it makes for boring TV IMHO.

Just my thoughts.....
    I didn't see this particular show, but I just got done watching tonights show. As far as the new wife's rules: one one hand I think they should obey them, but I find myself frustrated that everytime a new wife takes away something that really means a lot to the kids (such as baseball or sports) - it hurts the kids. It isn't teaching them anything- it just upsets them more. In tonights episode,they broke the rule and went to the baseball game. The dad's reasoning? He was the coach, and not only is that hurting his child, it's also hurting the entire team that did not choose to participate in the show. That, I agree with. Why can't they just use limits on the activities instead of taking them away altogether? Or add new activities?

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit;2113092;

Just my thoughts.....
    That drives me nuts too. That little 'dilemma' in each episode is beyond old. It's become very grating. Come on, they know what they're getting into by now and it's not forever, anyway. I just wanna throw a shoe at the Tv every time someone says "I'm not gonna do it!". Yeesh.

Rowland/Rivera

WHOA!!!...Both families tonight were totally on the oppisite sides of the spectrum when it came to parenting...Rowlands let there kids do as they pleased and the Rivera's had there kids on lock down...I couldn't how disrespectful the Rowlands kids were, it just boggled my mind that there parents would let them speak that way to them or other adults they way they did, especially Devin when she pushed the new mom...And then the Rivera's spying on there kids was crazy...I can understand a little snooping but they were way over board with cameras in the kids room, intercoms to listen in on there convos, and not allowing friends over or dating...But I'm glad that both families were able to actually learn from the experience and change how they were with there kids...

I caught a bit of last night ep and boy, talk about perfect casting and getting 2 people with total opposite points of view. Yes the biker kids needed discipline and chores. The kids had no respect for the parents or family, there didn't even seem to be a family. I did like how one of the sisters was very aware that the other one was a spoiled brat and caused problems. On the other hand the super lock down mom needs to cut her nails. They scared me and talk about being unhygenic especially those 2 rapiers on her thumbs. No wonder she has her kids doing chores how can she, she would break a nail. Still I think she had some good ideas. The perfect end result would be a blending of the 2 parenting styles.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

No doubt bearcata!! Those nails were really icky. I told my son, wow, opposite ends of the parenting scale are really entertaining to watch forced into each others spaces!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread