+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap - Season 3

The pizza incident was in the first hour of wife swap with a different family, but there house was just as nasty as the Pirate family minus the fleas, but they did have dog poo in there house though...

FORT Newbie

The Pirates..

I too caught the Pirate episode and had to stop and stare, part in disbelief, part in morbid curiosity that there are actually people in this world like the Bauers! A family that can't separate fantasy from reality and doesn't even recognize the truth about the life he writes about. Pirates were about one thing....lawlessness. Taking what they wanted when they wanted it. And they have the gall to teach their children this? There are some non physical abuse instances I would recommend CPS get involved and this is one. When you look at it from what's best for the children, it can't be teaching them a life of lawlessness, anarchy and contempt for the law. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady View Post
    The pizza incident was in the first hour of wife swap with a different family, but there house was just as nasty as the Pirate family minus the fleas, but they did have dog poo in there house though...
    Thanks! Only one of the shows taped, so I didn't see that one. I can't imagine living in that, but even more so I can't imagine preserving it for posterity by allowing film crews in. Yuck! Lol.

blamejayne
    Quote Originally Posted by blamejayne View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy reading the recaps posted on this website whether or not I am able to watch the actual program. Why isn't anyone recapping wife swap anymore? I rarely get to watch it (when I do it is only bits and pieces). It is not only this site but the other tv recapping sites no longer carry this show either! How do we get this one added to the list?
    I checked out some other sites and you are right, even the one that recaps is their focus--there are no recaps for Swap...

Wife Swap is on again tonight for 2 hours...It looks good again this week...

I think this radio show guy is a psycho, and his wife is stupid. She thinks goth mom is imposing her values on her kids. Lady, you are imposing that psycho abusive husband on YOUR daughters.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    The radio guy has major issues I would be scared of his crazy butt, the goth family seems more normal than they are.

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal View Post
    The radio guy has major issues I would be scared of his crazy butt, the goth family seems more normal than they are.
    I am SOOOOO glad to know I wasn't the ONLY person to notice his
    abusive behaviors as far as the other one thinking he was SELFISH that
    he only wanted to work 40 hours a week and spend more time with
    his children...does she have a CLUE how precious it is to find a man that
    WANTS to be that involved in his children's lives instead of spending all
    his time working and ignoring them......

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    I am SOOOOO glad to know I wasn't the ONLY person to notice his
    abusive behaviors as far as the other one thinking he was SELFISH that
    he only wanted to work 40 hours a week and spend more time with
    his children...does she have a CLUE how precious it is to find a man that
    WANTS to be that involved in his children's lives instead of spending all
    his time working and ignoring them......
    Apparently, she feels that he should have worked un til he kicked over, he might be too exhausted to spend quality time with his kid, but by golly think of what that extra thirty bucks in his wallet can buy to make up for it!!!!

Wasn't able to see all of the other episode Monday night, due to reception problems, but - the episode with the Shock Jock/Goth family switch? Yikes.

That shock jock seemed very abusive - he may be under a lot of stress, but, the way he's taking it out on the teens is destructive and wrong-headed. That family needs family counseling asap. Even at the end, their 'fixed' family was still revolving around him. So they get to join his tennis game or help him make burger patties. Big deal. How involved or caring is he regarding his stepdaughters' lives?

The goth family did indeed come across as the emotionally healthier of the pair. Thought it was cute the way the goth daughter wanted to go 'mainstream' and wear mall clothes and have blond hair etc. Kind of like - Marilyn wasn't it? - in the Addams family.

+ Reply to Thread