2. Greatest Race

3. Shipwrecked

4. Road Rules

5. Real World

6. Drifters the Water Wars

7. U8TV The Lofters

8. Survivor

9. a reality show set on an island off Scotland

I have to go with The Amazing Race as number one myself.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

with survivor as close second
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

lol_its_fun
    I didn't want all the reality shows, so it kind of unfair to say which is better than which,hmmm...but if I have to choose, I will pick
    1.The Amazing Race
    2. The Big Brother
    Others...no comment. Anyone watch the Anna Nicole Simth show? I heard it's pretty interesting Oh and The Mole is good but I didn't watch the whole show last time.
    Last edited by lol_its_fun; 02-28-2003 at 09:01 PM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Combat Missions, The Amazing Race and EcoChallenge, hands down.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

1. Combat Missions
    2. The Amazing Race
    3. Survivor

What makes a really good reality show? For me, it's not the contests but rather the interaction among the participants. That is why, for me, a show like Shipwrecked, (or Real World or Road Rules) will always trump a show like Survivor or Big Brother...the interaction is more real, less contrived, less guarded. That is because there is no reward (other than the pride of knowing that you lasted the allotted time on the island), and there is no voting off (except in extreme cases where someone is caught stealing). In shows that have contests, those shows are best that do not have as outcomes of the contests, participants leaving.
    Last edited by lostfann; 03-02-2003 at 09:01 AM.

For me, the competition is what makes a reality show better. I like to see how people resolve any obstacles they may face, and how they deal with pressure. I especially love to how each person's personalities affect the dynamics of the team.

Combat Missions and TAR are definitely the best shows for me.

That should be true, and in a few cases, is. But much of the time, it's like watching a bad Jerry Spinger show. For most of these people, discussion and resolving of issues, consists in "getting in someone's face" or "confronting " them. Group decisions are made on the fly by the most aggressive who shouts out a suggestion and democracy is seen as an immediate vote. No discussion really takes place.
    All of which makes for a good fight and therefore a good episode, but doesn't make for a very satisfying show in the long run.

1. The Amazing Race. It's the best reality tv show that i've ever watched. Big brother would be a close 2nd.

+ Reply to Thread