+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FORT Announces a Contest Giveaway for "The Hill"

FORT Announces a Contest Giveaway for "The Hill"

FORT wants YOU to run for president!

So you think you can run the country better than the poster next to you, eh? Well now you have a chance to prove it! FORT wants to hear what you would do if you were elected by the masses. Maybe you’d install a giant monorail reaching from coast to coast. Maybe you’d initiate a program of ice cream in every freezer and abolish hot pants. We want to hear it! You could win a cool fleece, a moleskin notebook, and an umbrella courtesy of The Sundance Channel!

But you’ll have to woo your constituency. We voters aren’t mindless drones, we want to know what you can do for us. To that end, you must make an official pledge by completing this sentence:

”If you elect me as your president, I, __________, promise to …”

Send your entry by PM to a mod (members with red names). The winning entry will win a prize package from The Sundance Channel’s “The Hill.” Entries will be accepted until 9/8, at which time we may have to have a run-off election. Join today!

Set in the office of Congressman Robert Wexler (Democrat, Florida), “The Hill,” is a Sundance Channel documentary series offering a rare glimpse into the charged world of congressional politics. Set to premiere on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 9:00pm e/p., “The Hill” is produced by Roland Park Pictures, Inc. and directed by Ivy Meeropol, a filmmaker (Heir to An Execution) and a former Capitol Hill speechwriter and legislative aide. The six-part series peers into the personal and professional lives of Wexler’s young, smart and driven staff.

Don’t miss the premiere episode of “The Hill” airing Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 9:00pm!

Last edited by hepcat; 08-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Because of the mildy controversial nature of this contest - hey, we don't want accusations of political favoritism - the winner was selected randomly. A big thank you to everyone who entered!

And the winner is...

...Huntra!

Congratulations Huntra, you will receive a prize pack from the Sundance channel! Enjoy your new fleece, umbrella, DVD and moleskin notebook!

Thank you to everyone for participating, and we will do our best to continue bringing these giveaway opportunities to FORT!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Congratulations, Huntra!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Wow!!! I so want to thank The Sundance Channel and The Hill and The FORT!!! I am excited about the win!

Thanks all!!
    "When you least expect it, the knife will stick you in the back. "

+ Reply to Thread