+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ace of Cakes on Food Network

Re: Ace of Cakes on Food Network

I liked this show much more than Cake Boss. Duff and his gang seems to work together well and they all have a good time. The people on that other show just seem to bicker and yell. You're in a bakery. What's there to be mad about!?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4111888;
    I liked this show much more than Cake Boss. Duff and his gang seems to work together well and they all have a good time. The people on that other show just seem to bicker and yell. You're in a bakery. What's there to be mad about!?

If I had to put up with Buddy's sisters (especially Mary) and that pushy mother of his, I'd be mad too! But I saw Buddy at a recent appearance in Washington, D.C. and he rolls his eyes and says "mia familia." He's used to it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4112153;
    If I had to put up with Buddy's sisters (especially Mary) and that pushy mother of his, I'd be mad too! But I saw Buddy at a recent appearance in Washington, D.C. and he rolls his eyes and says "mia familia." He's used to it, I guess.
    I can watch a 30 minute episode in about 10 minutes -- by fast forwarding through the shrieking (male & female, I must say) & just enjoying the baking / decorating artistry. It's pretty much the way I "watch" most of the "reality" shows.

FORT Fanatic

The show did get pretty repetitive and 4.5 years is a VERY long time for a show like that. Maybe Duff has some more business opportunities, and the show was taking up too much of his time.

He has some cake decorating materials being sold, I know that. He had a nice book come out about a year ago.

FORT Fanatic

Duff gave an interview to The Baltimore Sun last week. He has three new TV shows in dvelopment, and one of them will have him moving to L.A. in Feb. to open a West Coast version of Charm City Cakes next June. The Baltimore shop will remain.

I guess there would be a lot more millionaires in L.A. that in the Baltimore - D.C. area. I heard him speak a few years ago and when a potential client asked how much a special cake would cost and he reeled off a figure, the client accepted it without a whimper, and Duff wished he had asked for more money.

He was interviewed a he was on the road taking a cake that cost 'six figures' to Arizona. He criticized other cake shows like "Cake Boss" with its yelling.

It's possible that one or more of Duff's new shows might end up on the Food Network - or not.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4116849;
    Duff gave an interview to The Baltimore Sun last week. He has three new TV shows in dvelopment, and one of them will have him moving to L.A. in Feb. to open a West Coast version of Charm City Cakes next June. The Baltimore shop will remain.

I guess there would be a lot more millionaires in L.A. that in the Baltimore - D.C. area. I heard him speak a few years ago and when a potential client asked how much a special cake would cost and he reeled off a figure, the client accepted it without a whimper, and Duff wished he had asked for more money.

He was interviewed a he was on the road taking a cake that cost 'six figures' to Arizona. He criticized other cake shows like "Cake Boss" with its yelling.
    It's possible that one or more of Duff's new shows might end up on the Food Network - or not.
    i agree, i only watchit when nothing else is on.. i can't stand that family because of it. However, that being said, it is typical of italian families.. as mine was much the same. But it stillgets to me on there.. the sister (the one mostly) come of as soooo selfish!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

i am bummed to read this. I love this show and I love the "main" characters on the show. Geoff just cracks me up. Mary Alice is a hoot. Will miss them, maybe they'll move to LA with Duff and there'll be a new show created. One can hope.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

An LA branch would be cool and a show surrounding that. I bet they'd get way more celebs as clients that way. I hope some of the gang moves on with him to the new place/show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345