+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Profiles from the Front Line - Show discussion folder

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Profiles from the Front Line - Show discussion folder

Please discuss the show here. It airs on Thursdays at 8 pm ET. (yes, against Survivor, unfortunately)

The premiere episode is this evening, 2/27.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've added it to the calendar as well. It was a late scheduling decision, so it wasn't there last I'd looked.

So? Who watched it? Was it good? Does it make me lowbrow?

BravoFan will, of course, be recapping this show, so it better be good.

John!

It's going to be a tough show to recap that's for sure, but I've got a good start. I had to take a short break afterwards to watch Survivor. I realized that if I didn't watch it tonight it would be hard to go all day tomorrow without learning who got voted out. I should have it done tomorrow.

The show was really good. So Combat Missions had real spec ops in a mock situation. This was real combat, so it's not really entertainment as much as informational...but it was good.

And I had a box of Kleenex beside me which was a really good thing.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I agree that it's a good show, but don't expect to be entertained in a fun matter. This is the real deal. It is very much like a documentary with quite a few intense moments.

We learned a bit about the soldiers that are being profiled. I was thoroughly impressed with Special Forces guys, especially the Commander, Mark.

BF, I also thought of CM as soon as I saw that mission to apprehend the Al-Quaida suspect. Definitely a lot like that mock situation in CM, but a heck of a lot more intense, being that they could be killed at any time. It was a tough scene to watch when that woman yell at his son to go get his father, and he started running after the truck. Whew! I felt a lot of different emotions.

It was VERY intense and the SpecOps Mark is REALLY cool and you can tell he's extremely intelligent.

I'm coining a new term for this show: edutainment docuseries.

Love it, BF!

The other guy that stood out was the guy that makes sure the F-16 are ready to take flight. Can't recall his name. He took his job very seriously, had very present why he was there, and even with all that, he had so much enthusiasm.

Actually, I was impressed with everyone's resolve , but a few stood out more than the others.

John "Champ" Killen, Wolf. I thought he was absolutely hysterical but we didn't see very much of him.

+ Reply to Thread