+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero worship: Reality TV that's worthy of respect

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Exactly Fluff.

The term reality tv has grown into it's own definition, and while this is as real as it gets, I wouldn't classify it as reality tv.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fanatic
    heehee, sure lobeck, sure....just kidding.

I don't know, the whole "hero worship" idea just rubs me the wrong way. It's up to me who I want to respect, if anyone. And if they want to set it apart from reality TV, they shouldn't compare it with reality TV, you know?

Wolf, you can always tape Survivor and watch PFL!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I don't really like the word 'worship' in the title either, but the 'hero' part is appropriate,imo.

The article is just pointing out the differences between an actual reality tv show and the 'fake' reality tv shows, and I don't find it offensive at all. This show has real people in real life situtations, and I see it for what it is. But I still love the 'fake' reality tv shows like Survivor, so I guess my world is balanced.

LOL Wolf!!! For some reason I have a visual of a wolf on a balance beam!!

Wolf, I agree that worship was probably not the best choice of words. Hero, definitely. Anyone willing to sacrifice their life for the freedoms of people they don't even know are heroes imo. I think they were just using "hero worship" sort of like a slang term, so it doesn't really bother me.

BF! I guess I have something in common with my shadow Daniel (Survivor) since he had a bit of trouble balancing on the beam.

Well, I plan to tape both Survivor and PFL, and I will definitely watch both tonight, even if I have to stay up til midnight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12