+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey Cleocatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Catmandu
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: The episode when Shannon comes home...

    Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2334889;
    The last episode when Shannon returns from the hospital was one of funniest ever!! My daughter and I were laughing so hard. Not at the pain she was in, but at Nick as he was trying to keep Gene away from her as they're going up the stairs. And how funny Shannon and Gene were while they were recuperating. Absolutely loved it.

    This family is the best example of how families should be. Even if a lot of this is scripted, the caring and love they feel for each other cannot be so easily disguised.

    I wish these shows were on regular networks, as I know so many people who don't get the channel that this airs on and I have to tape the episodes for them.

    We don't ever get tired of watching them!
    they are a good family especially considering the "hollywood" influence.

    It's refreshing to see some decent kids who love their parents, joke with their parents and tease them but you can tell they respect their parents.
    Unlike the other shows we've seen in the past dealing with kids of the rich and famous like Princes of Malibu and The Osbournes and others... Sophie and Nick are actually good kids who have been raised right with some good old fashioned family values.

    I wish they wouldnt script it so much and especially the over the top nonsense like Gene having all the goofy people over to talk business and Shannon kicking them out... it was another moment that didnt ring true and was too silly.... but other than that I do like Shannon, Gene & the kids

  2. #82
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58

    Re: The episode when Shannon comes home...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2336220;
    It's refreshing to see some decent kids who love their parents, joke with their parents and tease them but you can tell they respect their parents.
    Unlike the other shows we've seen in the past dealing with kids of the rich and famous like Princes of Malibu and The Osbournes and others... Sophie and Nick are actually good kids who have been raised right with some good old fashioned family values.
    Exactly!!! And have you seen that new show -- Sons of Hollywood? What pathetic and sad creatures those guys turned out to be. We need far less of the spoiled rich brats and much more of the kids like Nick and Sophie. With all the garbage we see spewing out of the California jetset homes, it sometimes makes you think that it wouldn't be so bad if the San Andreas decided to suddenly set them adrift in the Pacific. Let them have their own little island of fruitcakes and psychos.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey Cleocatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Catmandu
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: The episode when Shannon comes home...

    Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2336876;
    Exactly!!! And have you seen that new show -- Sons of Hollywood? What pathetic and sad creatures those guys turned out to be. We need far less of the spoiled rich brats and much more of the kids like Nick and Sophie. With all the garbage we see spewing out of the California jetset homes, it sometimes makes you think that it wouldn't be so bad if the San Andreas decided to suddenly set them adrift in the Pacific. Let them have their own little island of fruitcakes and psychos.

    Yes Laura I"ve seen "Hollywod Sons" and funny you should mention that show because it's the show i was thinking of when typing my comment but I couldnt think of the name off the top of my head so I said "Osbournes" and "Princes of Malibu" because they're from the same ilk!

    I have watched a couple episode of "Hollywood Sons" and shook my head both times.

    What gets me is.... WHY would you want to show what a spolied, sullen, surly, bitter, lazy, resentful, selffish, whiney, unappreciative, poorly educated, angry, untalented, arrogant, frivolous, pathetic snot nosed brat you are?

    Maybe I'm nuts but isn't that something that most normal thinking people would try to keep from the general public instead of glorifying and wallowing in your own boorish bahaviour?

    And here's a message to poor little hard done by Sean Stewart.... your dad is RIGHT ... you don't have what it takes!

  4. #84
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58

    Re: The episode when Shannon comes home...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2339012;
    What gets me is.... WHY would you want to show what a spolied, sullen, surly, bitter, lazy, resentful, selffish, whiney, unappreciative, poorly educated, angry, untalented, arrogant, frivolous, pathetic snot nosed brat you are?

    Maybe I'm nuts but isn't that something that most normal thinking people would try to keep from the general public instead of glorifying and wallowing in your own boorish bahaviour?
    You are SO spot on!!! I was only able to sit through barely 10 minutes of Sons of Hollywood before I wanted to retch! And you've used 'almost' every word that came to my mind during those 10 minutes of torture.

    I don't understand why the producers of these 'reality' shows think we have any interest in seeing the debauchery and insanity that goes on in some of these families.

    I think that's why I enjoy Gene/Shannon/Nick and Sophie so much. While the show may be somewhat scripted, they at least appear to be fairly normal and decent.

    The rest of the losers who think we want to peek into their supposedly 'exciting' little existences have no idea just how completely wrong they are. And I wouldn't trade my wonderful, loving and caring family for all of their money or possessions.

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey VanJagSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    How the heck did Gene think he could go skiiing, still trying to recover.

  6. #86
    FORT Fanatic babs1003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    411

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2345657;
    How the heck did Gene think he could go skiiing, still trying to recover.
    I live in CO but have never been skiing... does it generally take that long to rescue someone? Or do you think the timing was exaggerated? I've hung out at a ski resort twice and noticed that there was always a decent amount of rescuers floating around.

    And Shannon looks the same to me.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey VanJagSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    Yeah, it did seem like a long time for them to get to him. Almost like they walked instead of ski down or snowmobile up. I guess they also had to try and find him.

    Oh and well I guess it can answer itself but why did the producers let him ski? That was funny how the guy who came upon him was all Gene Simmons from Kiss?

    Shannon looked the same to me too.

  8. #88
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    402

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    Considering the entire scenario was fake they had the chance to draw it out for the sake of "suspense". I'm so irritated by the scripting, the family is more than entertaining enough without making stuff up.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey Cleocatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Catmandu
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2345881;
    I live in CO but have never been skiing... does it generally take that long to rescue someone? Or do you think the timing was exaggerated? I've hung out at a ski resort twice and noticed that there was always a decent amount of rescuers floating around.

    And Shannon looks the same to me.
    Same here, from what I've seen of Shannon on the show and also interviewed on other shows... I don't notice any difference at all other than when she turns completely sideways her jaw line now looks unaturally pulled back towards her neck.

    Gene looks a bit better (mainly i notice his frown lines arent as deeply creased) but even he doesnt look hugely different to me.

    An aunt of mine had all the same procedures as Shannon about 5 yrs ago (minus the nose work that Shannon had) and my aunt looked marvelous.... and a LOT younger vibrant without looking too pulled like Joan Rivers plastic looking face.

    Now that said... My aunt was about 10 yrs older than Shannon when she had the work done so her before was older looking than Shannon.
    I was talking to my aunt the other day and she says that she went and talked to a surgeon when she was around Shannons age and he told her she didnt need any surgery yet and it wouldnt make much difference and she really would be better off to wait a few years.
    So at that time he advised her to just have a chemical peel type procedure to give her skin that fresh glow of younger skin, more vibrant and she did and was happy with it.

    Years later when she went back and inquired about a facelift her surgeon was in agreement with her and said yes her loss of elasticity was beginning to show and she really would benefit from a "lift" and also her eyes done... top and bottom lids (which is what I understand that Shannon had)
    I guess if Shannon had waited another 10 years we would have noticed a lot more change.... but maybe living in Hollywood and all... Shannon didnt want to wait until she would look like she needed the work done.

    The strange thing is my aunt now has a few friends who have also done the same thing and she has spoken to ladies who have had the same procedure and the numbness takes years (my aunts surgery was over 5 yrs ago) to go away in the areas around the ears to pull the jawline face back and in the hair where they make the incisions to lift the forehead/brow.
    She said some of the ladies had their surgery nearly 10 years ago and still feel some slight numbness and loss of feeling in those areas.

  10. #90
    FORT Newbie tna_fashionista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Vancouver Canada baby!
    Posts
    12

    Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

    I LOVE THIS SHOW.

    Especially Nick.. He is so freaking cute and funny!

    Definitely a reality show worth watching.
    TNA CanadianChick *EM* ~Reality Rox~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.