+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

I just saw Gene and Shannon on the Insider.... Gene looks a little different... mainly just the big creases (frown lines) around his mouth are not as deep... and his eyes look a bit pulled ... like tighter.

I wasnt impressed, I guess he looks a little better but not much.

Shannon had a facelift and her nose done and in my opinion she looked better before... maybe it was just the camera angles or the lighting but she had that older lady plastic surgery look,,, she must have had some liposuction on her face too because she had the hollow around the cheeks look and her eyes had the typical "pulled plastic" appearance.... in my opinion her nose looked better before.

I'm hoping it was just poor lighting and maybe they are still a little swollen in spots or something because In the interview Shannon looked older, like a Joan Rivers face... and that would be such a shame because in my opinion Shannon had a mature look but a soft natural attractive mature face and now it's that fake Melanie Griffith Hollywood type face

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was bad lighting!

Here they are as they appeared on The Insider interview i watched

I guess the most important thing is if they are happy with the results and both of them said they were very happy and they think everyone who is older should get it done
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 03-31-2007 at 05:24 AM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Sharon has the "Joker" mouth (just like The Joker from Batman)... that is the biggest issue I have with her continued plastic surgery. I'm so glad I've never made my living off my looks... because when they start to fade, folks go batcrazy tryin to hold onto 'em. Aging is a natural process... keep breathing, it's what happens. There's nothing wrong with growing old gracefully IMO.

Gene looks great, btw :-)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2305308;
    Sharon has the "Joker" mouth (just like The Joker from Batman)... that is the biggest issue I have with her continued plastic surgery. I'm so glad I've never made my living off my looks... because when they start to fade, folks go batcrazy tryin to hold onto 'em. Aging is a natural process... keep breathing, it's what happens. There's nothing wrong with growing old gracefully IMO.

Gene looks great, btw :-)
    ya maybe that's it... she does have a joker type mouth shape

Plus I think she needs to quit the long blonde hair and get a haircut more suitable for her age.... it was amazing how much better Hulk Hogans wife looked when they stuck a short blonde wig on her in one episode and covered up her long teeenager blonde hair.
    At a certain age you just can't pull off the long bleached blonde hair anymore and it makes your face look older..... Shannon is in her 50's get rid of the teenager hairdo! lol!

The lighting really wasnt the best, it looked like they were in a club or restaurant or something... so maybe with proper lighting Shannon will look better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it was the poor lighting or maybe i need glasses
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 04-01-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Sorry i type so slow. i love gene and family but i wish it was on h b o fer the cuss words

Quote Originally Posted by Toad;2308480;
    Sorry i type so slow. i love gene and family but i wish it was on h b o fer the cuss words
    Cussing? Maybe only from Gene. But it's not exactly a family show even though it's about a family.

FORT Regular

I really love this show

I love watching this family....manipulated, scripted, whatever...they're great fun to watch. I think Gene is an amazing father and I like Shannon as well. The kids are great. I felt so badly for Sophie last night, when she saw her post-op Dad. Gene's concern for her feelings were so palpable. Great show!

The only person who irritates my last nerve everytime I see her is Tracy. I didn't like her from the first episode I saw her on (the 'surprise' birthday party for Shannon)and I like her less everytime she appears. She's too over-the-top and hams it up so much for the camera. I can't believe she's this extreme in 'real' life. What the hell do you need 20 different kinds of pregnancy tests for? And what kind of aunt allows her niece and nephew to attend some strangers party, who they just met at a gas station? That scenario was just ridiculous. Did they really think that we bought that it was a spontaneous event?

I know some outrageous individuals who are like Tracy, but I think she steps it up to the extreme and it just comes across as phoney, phoney, phoney....and totally contrived....and completely stupid. Did I mention phoney?

I'd be so thrilled if she never appeared on this show again. Whenever she's on, I usually end up turning it off, because she's just plain annoying.

Love the rest of the family though, including Gene's mom.

Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

What was going on with Shannon after surgery? I fell asleep as they were demanding she stay laying down and she was crying.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2321427;
    What was going on with Shannon after surgery? I fell asleep as they were demanding she stay laying down and she was crying.
    They ran a thing across the screen saying that she was in too much pain to be filmed during recovery. They didn't show her for the rest of the show and Gene and the kids called her from home but she barely spoke and ended up hanging up on them!

PELaura-I totally agree with you, I love this show scripted or not. I love watching this family that you would never expect to be the way they are, loving and caring and funny! I just love the couch segments and the home movies.

They seem to really be a great family. They care about each other deeply and it shows. I really liked the segment with Gene and Sophie. Those kids did not want to have their parents go through surgery and after their reactions to Gene's return I doubt they will ever go through that themselves.

FORT Regular

The episode when Shannon comes home...

The last episode when Shannon returns from the hospital was one of funniest ever!! My daughter and I were laughing so hard. Not at the pain she was in, but at Nick as he was trying to keep Gene away from her as they're going up the stairs. And how funny Shannon and Gene were while they were recuperating. Absolutely loved it.

This family is the best example of how families should be. Even if a lot of this is scripted, the caring and love they feel for each other cannot be so easily disguised.

I wish these shows were on regular networks, as I know so many people who don't get the channel that this airs on and I have to tape the episodes for them.

We don't ever get tired of watching them!

+ Reply to Thread