+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

Gene did an interview on a local morning news show and his face looks good even thought he had his sunglasses on... skin was definitely smoother. Can't wait for Sunday!

FORT Regular
    Saw them both on Showbiz Tonight on CNN and they looked surprisingly good. I thought he had a reputation of being a big jerk but he comes off really well on the show -- funny, charming, smart, good businessman and thoughtful to his kids and Shannon.

I read Shannon's book and she says he doesn't fool around on her and she doesn't want to know if he does. Doesn't he have a rep of being with a zillion women? Wasn't he one of Heidi Fleiss's clients? Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Doobie;2294013;
    Saw them both on Showbiz Tonight on CNN and they looked surprisingly good. I thought he had a reputation of being a big jerk but he comes off really well on the show -- funny, charming, smart, good businessman and thoughtful to his kids and Shannon.

I read Shannon's book and she says he doesn't fool around on her and she doesn't want to know if he does. Doesn't he have a rep of being with a zillion women? Wasn't he one of Heidi Fleiss's clients? Hmmmm.
    I've wondered if he has too... I'm not a Kiss fan and I'm not a Gene fan, but I saw a show he did for VH1, where he got kids to start a band and I remembered thinking "wow he's pretty good with those kids". I really enjoy this show and their "couch talk" is soooooooo funny.

FORT Fogey
    He has that reputation, and with the public image he has, it benefits him marketing-wise to maintain that reputation. But just because he has that image doesn't mean that it's true. They say there are so many marriages in Hollywood that are fake - only to maintain a public image. It makes sense to me that the opposite could be true as well - that someone like Gene could pretend to fool around non-stop, but not actually do so.

As far as I know, Gene never had a reputation as a jerk, just as a ladies man. Back in the day (and beyond) he definitely had a rep is being with lots of women, but I don't know how many of those women were paid for their services.

I found it really revealing to see Gene talk and interact with his mother on the show last season. For me, it became clear that most of what we're seen of Gene prior to this show and Rock School, was a persona. He obviously came from a loving home and created one of his own. I find the whole family charming and funny and incredibly normal. I can't wait for the new season!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular
    I'm not a Kiss fan at all but I like that he lets Shannon and the kids rank on him about the stuff that sets him apart from the rest of us -- like not getting married, the weird hair, the dopey costumes and makeup, the looney fans and his eye for young chicks with big boobs (that his daughter calls the sluts). Even Shannon seems to laugh off his eye for the boobies. In her book she says they have a legal agreement, even though they're not married, so she's set financially -- smart lady!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

Gene Simmons, Shannon Tweed Get His-and-Her Facelifts

Never ones to follow the crowd, the "happily unmarried" Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed nevertheless have joined a growing trend – of couples who get plastic surgery together.

"I'd thought about it before," Simmons, 57, the eel-tongued, kabuki-faced bassist from KISS, tells PEOPLE. "I was aware I had jowls."

"Like Jabba the Hutt!" teases Tweed, 50, Playboy's 1982 Playmate of the Year.

And though she was all for the surgery, "I didn't want him to look younger than me," she says. So in November, the couple, who have been together for 24 years and have two kids together, were ready for new faces.

It's a growing trend among couples, but few are recording their procedures for posterity. In this case, nearly every pre-through-post-op moment was taped for the couple's A&E reality program, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, which begins its second season on March 25.

The show does take some creative license, making it appear that Tweed tricks Simmons into doing it: He acts surprised when he finds himself in the Beverly Hills offices of Dr. Frank Ryan – and hears that the procedures will run over $40,000 each. (Actually, Dr. Ryan hints that the surgery was gratis.)

But there was nothing phony about the scalpels. Simmons was on the table for 11 hours as Dr. Ryan and his team hoisted his jowls, tweaked his eyelids and liposuctioned around his pecs. The next day, Tweed got a facelift and lower lid adjustment.

Tweed says she can't look at the video, but Simmons did. "I saw Dr. Ryan reach under my skin and massage the muscles of my face," he reports. "It was like my face was peeled off and slung over my shoulder."

Wisecracks aside, the couple's two kids, Nick, 18, and Sophie, 14, were genuinely concerned. "I was terrified for my mom," says Nick. "I was afraid they would pull a Joan Crawford, and she would look like she was running in high wind."

Adds Sophie, "My parents have looked the same my whole life. I was afraid they wouldn't look like my parents anymore."

Simmons came home several days later, his head bandaged and his face so swollen Nick said with evident horror, "You look like that guy from the Karate Kid ... Pat Morita." "Thanks, Nick," retorted Simmons. "He's dead."

Sophie simply left the room in tears. "He looked like he had been in a bad car accident," she says.

Tweed remained hospitalized for a few more days with extreme pain following her procedures. "I got a throat infection," she says. "But it took my mind off the face lift."

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I guess it's safe to assume that Shannon wasnt pregnant since she went ahead with the facelift?

FORT Fanatic
    I'm so disappointed! LOVED the first season and am really saddened & disgusted to see they've gone the blatant pretend reality route. In the first episode it's beyond obvious the hotel guy/costume scenario is fake (guy couldn't act his way out of paper bag and the costume retrieval was beyond pathetic. In the second episode - a sperm donation contract? Yeah, I totally bought that whole story line (not). Don't they have a large enough budget to hire real actors, ones that can pretend they know how to act?

The only part I really enjoyed was Nick's comments. The shopping with him in the first episode was also funny but given the staging done with Gene I'm afraid that was also fake. The party in the second episode obviously was.

Why why why did they mess with this show?

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2297166;
    I'm so disappointed! LOVED the first season and am really saddened & disgusted to see they've gone the blatant pretend reality route. In the first episode it's beyond obvious the hotel guy/costume scenario is fake (guy couldn't act his way out of paper bag and the costume retrieval was beyond pathetic. In the second episode - a sperm donation contract? Yeah, I totally bought that whole story line (not). Don't they have a large enough budget to hire real actors, ones that can pretend they know how to act?

The only part I really enjoyed was Nick's comments. The shopping with him in the first episode was also funny but given the staging done with Gene I'm afraid that was also fake. The party in the second episode obviously was.

Why why why did they mess with this show?
    They started messing with it last season... I posted about it... a while back in this thread.... and it's only gotten worse this year.

The producers figure that the OBVIOUSLY fake situations they dream up will totally fool us all.
    I was soooooo dissapointed with tonights season debut.... like you said the costume thing was so dumb and Gene's reaction was horrible... acting like a total jerk and threatening the guy made him look like a bully and an idiot.

And him even going to meet up with some strange women who hand him an address was dumb beyond belief...then the sperm contract... ohhhh puhleeeeze!... and what does Gene do??... instead of just saying.. "uhh no thanks ladies" and making an quick exit... he phones his kid to lie for him and call back in 2 minutes... so we wind up suffering through Nicks dramatic acting debut *ugh* after waiting way past the 2 minutes (hahaha so funny.. NOT)
    It all came off as lame and flat as a pancake.

Then the whole pregnancy thing was so manufactured... it stunk... I guess the producers thought it would look cool and be so hilarious to have Nick buy 50 different pregnancy tests (good lord it only made him look stupid)

I was watching the show with my sister and she's an RN... she was really upset that they had the nurse run out into the hall and shout to Shannon like as if Gene was in trouble on the operating table when it was just Gene on his cell phone... (YES WE GET IT HE IS ON HIS PHONE A LOT!.. NO NEED TO GO INTO THAT BORING TOPIC AGAIN THIS SEASON!... I know lots of people who are addicted to their cellphones... it's not exactly comedy gold!)
    Shannon looked all concerned and runs into the operating room shouting "Genie?!?!?!" as if she's about to find him flat lining on the table .... my sister was disgusted that they would make a nurse look so foolish and do something that just would never be handled like that!

The party was ridiculous.... does Shannons sister actually think that she fit in with some teenagers and 20 yr olds?.... she looked like a fool
    and the kids (Nick and Sophie) came off looking like the adults.... even so... it was a complete set-up and didnt look or feel anything like a REAL party.

I hate it that the producers can never keep their fingers out of the pot... they do this with all the reality shows... it's making me lose interest in them.... afterall if I wanted to watch a sitcom i would watch a sitcom with great comedy writers at the helm!.... instead of reality tv like "Family Jewels" to see some crappy storyline thought up and written by interns.

I wish they would quit playing up Gene and his sperm and blah blah blah sex sex sex so much.... just show us Gene and Shannons REAL LIFE and drop all the manufactured nonsense that isnt funny or entertaining!
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 03-26-2007 at 04:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread