+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

It's an awesome show, I love it!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I've been watching this show all along and still love it... but Gene is a ridiculous workaholic Yes he loves his kids and his family but he is always working... a-l-w-a-y-s. Even when they try to schedule some family time, Gene is wrangling work into it. I don't know how Shannon does it... but they obviously have a relationship, as well as a family-relationship, that works. It's totally apparent they have so much love in that family

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

ITA, it's definitely not what I expected!

FORT Regular
    I was really surprised at how he interacts with his kids, it is wonderful to see that but I don't get Shannon. I could never be okay with the man I love being with other women but whatever floats your boat. I guess it's love between him and Shannon but its different.

FORT Regular

This is one of the best!

I like the way that Gene's family keeps him 'grounded'. He might be able to pull that "I'm a God!" stuff everywhere else, but at home, his family keeps him in his place. It's too funny and very endearing.

The kids are so great. Gene and Shannon should have had about a dozen more. Looks like they've got the parent thing pretty well perfected. Kudos to them!

I never in a million years would have ever guessed that Gene Simmons would be such a great Dad.

I liked this show initially but now I am getting bored with their lifestyle, it all seems like a bunch of superficial nonsense most of the time.

A lot of the stuff they consider "fun" are nothing more than juvenile immature pranks which is the same old worn out formula of most "reality family shows"

It was the same thing with the Osbornes, they started to "manufacture" more and more total nonsense and try to incorporate it into the show as their , honest to goodness real everyday life, as if we are all idiots and can't tell we are being fed a bunch of silly story lines from a bunch of desperate producers.

I wish they would just show their life the way it is and quit with all the stupid antics and hijinks.
    Honest to god, most days the stuff that goes on at my own house is more interesting than the silly "set-up" situations the producers of this show are coming up with.

*blah*

Quote Originally Posted by yput;2105651;
    I was really surprised at how he interacts with his kids, it is wonderful to see that but I don't get Shannon. I could never be okay with the man I love being with other women but whatever floats your boat. I guess it's love between him and Shannon but its different.
    I kind of wonder if Gene being with other women isn't a bunch of bs. They don't ever address it directly, but I get the feeling that part of him is in the past and now just part of his persona.

Or at least I'd hope it is.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

watched the 'finale' last night.

does anyone know if Shannon Tweed is actually pregnant??????
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince;2124869;
    watched the 'finale' last night.

does anyone know if Shannon Tweed is actually pregnant??????
    I got the feeling that it was just one more of the producers ideas for a great cliff hanger, and we will find out that she wasnt pregnant.

Just the way she said it sounded ridiculous to me, that there was a CHANCE that she might be pregnant, it sounded to me like the perfect set-up to come back with the new episodes and have it turn out that she isnt.

Thats what bugs me about these shows, the producers are never satisfied with just presenting the REAL life of the people, they tinker and try to manufacture drama and it always comes off looking/feeling hokey and staged.

Gene and Shannon have an interesting life and good kids, the producers should just leave it at that!

A&E is running commercials for new episodes of Family Jewels in 2007! There's nothing listed on the official site yet, but this is great news!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread