+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels (A&E)

I agree, Critical. While some kids in bands would love the attention, Nick seemed embarrassed and didn't want to take advantage of the rock star kid perks.

Some of my favourite moments in the show was Shannon announcing that Sophie was 13 and her daughter to every guy that came their way and Gene insisting on buying the $2 KISS shirt for $40. That's good stuff.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Add 7 more inches to that: Nick is 6'7"! He towered over everyone at that NAMM show.
    I typed that before I saw the second episode. I did hear him say 6'7" but I could have sworn on The View he said 6' either way he does tower over everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Is anyone else watching? I'm impressed with how bright and normal Sophie and Nick seem. Gene and Shannon have obviously done something right.
    I agree. What great kids. I wasn't sure if I'd really get into this show but now I can't wait for the next episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I LOVE this show!

I can't believe Nick and Sophie are so young... they carry themselves very well for teenagers in today's society, let alone the teenage children of celebrity parents They're mature and nicely grounded

I liked how even though Shannon took Sophie to the fashion show, she A) let her wear a NICE outfit that was grown up but not slutty and B) let her get her makeup done (by Smashbox btw) she didn't just go off and do her own thing the whole night. She kept an eye on Sophie, they pretty much stayed together and even when apart Shaoon was firm but not obnoxious in telling those guys essentially to back off, she's only 13. I was pleasantly surprised by all of this.

Gene seems like a great guy. I had no idea he has a degree in education (read that on his website) and was a teacher for a while. He's quite a good business-man all around it would seem. Yes, surrounded by all those young women when he makes appearances but isn't an obnoxious ass about it like Danny Bonaduce (are they doing a Breaking Bonaduce Season Two??). Gene and Shannon seem to have a good relationship that is working (although Shannon needs to lay off the botox... starting to look a lil scary hun!). I read on IMDB one of Shannon's "famous one liners" was about why she and Gene aren't married. She said "He opted not to marry and I opted not to bitch about it". Okay that's all fine and dandy but then why did she try and do the ambush wedding that night when it was supposed to be a surprise birthday party for her? That seems contradictory to me. Anyway, they do seem very happy. I'd rather see kids have parents who are loving, unmarried and functional.... than unloving, married and dysfunctional.

My favorite line so far this season:
    After Nick and Gene went to the clothing store and Nick was retelling the events to Sophie. Talking about how Gene was with the salesgirl about the KISS t-shirts Nick goes (talking about his dad)... "you shoulda seen him, he's a total salesman... he could sell whores in a vagina storm" No cussing or anything. It wasn't even said in a bad way... it was just a funny analogy IMO.

I love the show and can't wait to see more episodes

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I just caught two more episodes, and love it even more. It was hilarious that Nick was almost as tall as Gene when Gene had the demon boots on.

They really seem like a sweet family. Gene getting his hair colored was one of the funniest things I've seen on television lately.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fanatic
    When I was a very, very young lad I liked KISS. In fact the very first album I owned (yes, album) was the KISS record where they went disco...I Was Made For Loving You..lol, the pain.

Over the years, I had seen Gene Simmons interviewed in his Gene Simmons character...sexist, arrogant ect. I respected his success and his business savy but certainly didn't like the guy at all.

Shannon Tweed. Good Canadian Girl...thought she was gorgeous but possibly a dim woman.

I'm shocked by how much I like them. Both of them.

As much as this show is a "mock reality" like Laguna Beach, The David Foster Show, One Ocean View....you can tell that the relationships are natural.

Gene and Shannon have to pretty grounded people to have two children as normal as they have. If I have kids, I'd be delighted to have my children as intelligent, polite and funnny as those two. They both laugh with and AT their parents. Where's the entitlement that we are so used to with the children of the rich (hello Paris Hilton).

I've thoroughly enjoyed this show. Good fun.
    Last edited by Downsey; 08-15-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsey View Post
    When I was a very, very young lad I liked KISS. In fact the very first album I owned (yes, album) was the KISS record where they went disco...I Was Made For Loving You..lol, the pain.
    I remember back when I was in elementary school, for my friend's birthday someone got her a KISS cassette. I'd never seen such a thing before... a pre-recorded cassette? No way! I figured someone had bought the album and recorded it onto a cassette for her but no... it was a pre-recorded cassette. I was so awed by that. To me, it was "modern technology" hahahahaha.

I love this show. Missed last night's episode but I'm sure my DVR got it (I was all wrapped up in the Hell's Kitchen finale! LOL)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

ok, guess I'm the only one watching

I caught it last night. So good. Really impressed at how great their family unit seems to be. Very educated people and super down to earth! Love them all!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I caught it last night. So good. Really impressed at how great their family unit seems to be. Very educated people and super down to earth! Love them all!

They are all so cute together. I love how they tease each other all the time. Especially when they are doing it to Gene. He's always talking about how big of an ego he has, but just laughs along with them when they are joking about him. They just have so much fun. They are all obviously close.

They are well-spoken and not all those beeping sounds like in Ozzie's family They are the kind of people it would be a blast to hang out with them.

+ Reply to Thread