+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Ocean View

One Ocean View

Did anyone else catch this show tonight on ABC?

Kind of an older version of The Real World as real life young working adults share a summer house on Fire Island in NY.

I liked it and it'll keep my interest for now. I thought Usman was smokin' hot.... until he opened his mouth. And Lauren and Zack's relationship is bizarre and selfish on her part. They're friends with benefits, as long as she gets to date whoever else she wants. :nono

I liked what I saw of it too. But the ads make me suspect these people will grow old on me fast!!

FORT Newbie
    i watched this show today. It is kind of like laguna beach with late 20-30 somethings. It was okay but this idea has been done to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I thought Usman was smokin' hot.... until he opened his mouth.
    See and I thought he looked like a jerk and when he opened his mouth, he confirmed it! Guys like that - ones who talk about how great they are and only want "quality women" - are often the biggest losers, personality-wise (in my experience). It doesn't matter how well-groomed you are, because no matter how great your hair looks, you're still a pompus jackass

KJ is more my type. He's cute and seems (so far, at least) like a sweetie.

Since there's nothing else on, I'll probably keep watching...until they cancel it and replace it with reruns of Super Nanny
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    See and I thought he looked like a jerk and when he opened his mouth, he confirmed it! Guys like that - ones who talk about how great they are and only want "quality women" - are often the biggest losers, personality-wise (in my experience). It doesn't matter how well-groomed you are, because no matter how great your hair looks, you're still a pompus jackass
    Oh, I completely agree with you. I should probably clarify the length of time that I thought he was hot. Loved his looks in the promo.. loved his looks in the initial beginning of the show, but then any lust I had was pretty much killed by the time he got off of the boat.

There's confidence and then there's cocky arrogance. He crosses OH so many lines that he's not even remotely attractive. And his "I'm rich and good looking, what more could they want" attitude.... Dude, you're a jackass through and through. Unfortunately he's like most of the homegrown NYC boys that I met when I lived out there.... all worried about the surface crap and the toys that they own. You'd find out the type of car they drove and watch that they wore before they'd ever tell you their name... who the heck cares?

KJ definitely seems to be a sweetheart. Looks and personality... now there's a dangerous combination.

And if Zack wasn't such a doormat I'd put him in the same category.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Let me get this straight....the tall, blonde girl is interested in KJ, right? Didn't he say that she would not be the type of woman to whom he would usually be attracted?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow! I thought I was the only one that caught this!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    And Lauren and Zack's relationship is bizarre and selfish on her part. They're friends with benefits, as long as she gets to date whoever else she wants. :nono
    Totally agree, I've dated guys like him (attached but not to some girl) and it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Let me get this straight....the tall, blonde girl is interested in KJ, right? Didn't he say that she would not be the type of woman to whom he would usually be attracted?
    Yes, he said that in passing when at the dinner table and you could see her sad reaction. But I think they're both attracted to each other so we'll see if it goes anywhere. Probably not.

i watched it because my family has a house in Fire Island and I wanted to see how the island was portrayed and if i saw anyone i knew. i found it odd that the girl who owns the pizza place was featured on a show on the Food Network (she happens to also be friends with Moby) and that KJ's cousin is Eric Niess from the first season of Real World. I'm gonna keep watching to see if I see my 2 boys playing trangleball on the beach!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast