+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Ocean View

ABC Closes 'One Ocean View,' Nixes 'Boston Legal,' 'Lost' Repeats
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC's troubled summer saga added a concluding chapter today as the Alphabet has pulled the plug on its docu-soap "One Ocean View" after two weeks on the air.

Repeats of "Supernanny" will shift to the 10:00/9:00c hour on Monday nights starting next week with back-to-back repeats of "Wife Swap" beginning at 8:00/7:00c.

A staggeringly low 2.82 million viewers (according to preliminary Nielsen data) tuned into "View's" final broadcast on Monday, down 21.88% from its premiere (3.61 million) the week prior.

The news marks the unceremonious end to the Alphabet's various summer projects outlined back in May (read the story), which included "Buy It Now" (scrapped before it even premiered), "How to Get the Guy" (pulled with two episodes left to air), "Master of Champions" (pulled with a single installment left to air), "The One: Making a Music Star" (axed after two weeks) and now "One Ocean View" (pulled with four hours left on the shelf).

Also announced today: repeats of "Boston Legal" are being shelved for the rest of the summer in favor of a third edition of "Primetime" while "Lost" repeats are being bumped through the end of August for repeats of "The George Lopez Show."

The latter series has been filling in for "Lost" on Wednesdays at 9:00/8:00c since July 26 while "Primetime: The Outsiders" will take over the Tuesday, 10:00/9:00c hour for five weeks beginning August 15. "Legal" then will return on September 19 when its third season launches.

Link

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Whoa! Interesting news. Glad to see that "One: Making a Music Star" is dead!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If they have shows already made, why not just run them? Do repeats really get that many more ratings then a new bomb? It wasn't a great show but I'd rather see lame new stuff then repeats of good stuff I've seen before!

wow, i had the 2 eps saved on my DVR, to watch this weekend....I'll just delete them now.
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

Aw jeez, that sucks...too bad.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Newbie

Canceled??

The show was more worthy than some of the other garbage on TV. Hot women. Why cancel it??? Boooooooooo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123