+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Ocean View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Geez...sounds like if you haven't already been on some type of show that it pays to be connected to somebody who has. We certainly live in a limited world, don't we?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought that Usman was a snooty pig. KJ, sweetie so far. I kinda like Mary. And Zack's girl (Lauren?) is shady with the whole friends with benefits thing.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I saw the premeire of One Ocean View. It was like Laguna Beach but for adults. I actually enjoy the premeire, it was really interesting. I thought Usman was hot, but not so hot when he opens his mouth.

I enjoyed the first ep as well. I'll keep watching. Not a big fan of Usman or Lauren, but the rest of the folks seem pretty decent.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

They're so incredibly dopey on this show that I actually find them amusing.

Okay here's a weird question, but where did the new people come from during episode 2? And why do they keep moving out of the beach house and moving back in? Is the show only a weekend thing?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21 View Post
    And why do they keep moving out of the beach house and moving back in? Is the show only a weekend thing?
    Yup, I believe they live and work in the city (New York, more specifically Manhattan) during the week, and go to the beach house in Fire Island for the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Yup, I believe they live and work in the city (New York, more specifically Manhattan) during the week, and go to the beach house in Fire Island for the weekends.
    Yep.... they're showing the life of a *typical* young Manhattanite. A lot of Manhattan professionals get house shares in the Hamptons and take the jitney out every weekend during the summer.

I think the producers of this show found Fire Island a little easier to film than the Hamptons, but the location still has the same concept.

I think part of the problem is that they were extremely limited by the village of Ocean Beach where and when they were able to film. For example, they were not permitted to film in the bars after 11pm which is when the bars start picking up so thats why there probably isnt much to see. Also, check out the color of the sky during the beach shots and how empty it is. They filmed most of the beach shots really early in the morning when most people were still sleeping. They also were only there on weekends between memorial day and 4th of July and they got hit with a ton of bad weather weekends.
    Overall I am not loving the people on the show, but its still fun seeing some of my friends and hangouts that i have been going to for years....

FORT Newbie
    Only one point to make, based on personal knowlege, all that you see, is not all that went on, nor is it necessarily the way things actually happened. "Reality" show, might be a stretch. Watch it for enjoyment. Don't try to go too deep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast