+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Star

FORT Fan

Design Star

HGTV's "Design Star" premiered Sunday July 23,2006 9PM EST

10 designers compete for "their own show on HGTV".

Host is Clive Pearse from "Design to Sell". Good site at HGTV. However the constant ads at the beginning of every video clip are annoying.

Anybody else watching?

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_98..._37553,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    HGTV's "Design Star" premiered Sunday July 23,2006 9PM EST

10 designers compete for "their own show on HGTV".

Host is Clive Pearse from "Design to Sell". Good site at HGTV. However the constant ads at the beginning of every video clip are annoying.

Anybody else watching?

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_98..._37553,00.html
    Watched the premiere last week I thought I must be the only one watching. Clive looks as if he has gained some weight. Needs a visit to Celebrity Fit Club or Bravo's Workout. Anyway, Ramono, was an easy pick to go. I can see her being one of those 'Trash to Treasures' types, but was she really a viable candidate for this show??? She seemed a bit out there and totally not in touch with what a client would want.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I caught a repeat airing of the show this week (didn't realize it started last weekend).

The groups seemed a little disorganized on this first task, but I really liked how the bedrooms turned out. Great color combos in those rooms.

That lady that was sent home was really wacko. The vacuum cleaner statue or whatever it was supposed to be that she 'created' was extremely ugly!! Her wall mural was ridiculous too

FORT Fan
    Do they have to keep the vacuum statue now that she is gone, or does it have to continue to grace the patio?

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    Do they have to keep the vacuum statue now that she is gone, or does it have to continue to grace the patio?
    Hope they trash it and paint over the mural, ASAP!

Vanessa is driving me insane. Her arrogance is going to get her into trouble very quickly, and I'll be right here waiting for it.

FORT Fan
    I really thought Joseph, Vanessa and Alice's room was going to look a lot better when finished. Should have guessed the results from the edit.

Was getting very tired of Temple and Donna.

Tym looks promising.

I went to school with those twins. They are a lot more subdued on the show than I would have expected.

And vanessa needs to be slapped with a wet paint roller. If she is so fantastic why doesn't she have her own show already? good grief!

ah ha-I knew I had seen ramona on something-she was on an episode of wife swap. She switched places with some lady who was obsessed with putting her daughters in beaty pagents. She let her own daughter drop out of school and only bought clothes from the thrift store.

Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff View Post
    ah ha-I knew I had seen ramona on something-she was on an episode of wife swap. She switched places with some lady who was obsessed with putting her daughters in beaty pagents. She let her own daughter drop out of school and only bought clothes from the thrift store.
    She let her daughter drop out of school, so who exactly is supporting this kid?? If that kid in on welfare, that means I am supporting that kid and I want that kid to go get a GED and a job. What an irresponsible mother.

Again the bedroom won. I see a trend here. Do the bedroom. Althought the walls seemed very bare. Once Vern said paint the chimney I thought yeah that was what the room needed. As far as the other teams, I was not impressed. The kitchen team, please there was no team work. The older woman has 3 (This is Donna, right??). Shopping, time management, jealously. There is nothing wrong with being a power shopper. But Temple was right in a 24 hr challenge who goes shopping 5 times. This leads to my second peeve , very poor time management, again going out and shopping 5 times. Last, jealousy of a beauty queen. Suck it up. I am surprised they were not both kicked off the show. Vern had a great idea, rug for the kitchen, Duh! Power shopper didn't think of this???? You know this reminds me of the episode of Project Runway were Malan got kicked off while another team, Vincent and Angela argued all challenge long. Noone understood why the arguing pair did not get sent home, same here. Hopefully, the egos will settle down next week when they have single challenges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast