+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Design Star

FORT Fan
    I hope the curly haired guy wins.

anyone else think Dave is the obvious winner? Its either him or Tym (curly haired guy). They are the only two people left with any real experience or design sensibility. They are also the only two who I could actually watch on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Was Donna always the one they sent out to do the shopping? I thought they just sent her out to get the furniture on this paticular occasion.
    Yes, it appears Donna was always the one doing the shopping. She went to get furniture on this occasion, but, if I remember correctly, the clock showed somewhere between 1-2 when she left and she didn't come back until after dark. She appeared to have visited every furniture store within a 50 mile radius of Stratford (remember her having almost fallen asleep on one trip between stores and then whining about wanting a nap?)

Dave's the one that'll definitely win this, but I disagree about Tym's design style. He's reasonable, but his aesthetic is unappealing. I like Alice's stuff much, much better.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Yes, it appears Donna was always the one doing the shopping. She went to get furniture on this occasion, but, if I remember correctly, the clock showed somewhere between 1-2 when she left and she didn't come back until after dark. She appeared to have visited every furniture store within a 50 mile radius of Stratford (remember her having almost fallen asleep on one trip between stores and then whining about wanting a nap?)

Dave's the one that'll definitely win this, but I disagree about Tym's design style. He's reasonable, but his aesthetic is unappealing. I like Alice's stuff much, much better.
    Donna needs to join SA (Shoppers Anonymous).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    It seems as if shopping was the only thing she could or would do, which is probably why she was eliminated.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff View Post
    anyone else think Dave is the obvious winner? Its either him or Tym (curly haired guy). They are the only two people left with any real experience or design sensibility. They are also the only two who I could actually watch on tv.
    I was only half-watching the episodes, until I realized how much they were making Dave taking off his shirts... Plus the fact that he is obviously brilliant doesn't hurt either.

Too bad that after he wins, they'll probably make him keep his clothes on, so we'll actually have to pay attention to his design skills...

FORT Fan
    I was rather indifferent to Donna, but I did not like Temple. If I had promised the kitchen makeover winner couple the sun & the moon, I'd probably win the presentation too. I wish they had shown the couple what shape the kitchen really was in before they sent in the so-called "hit squad" and fixed everything... I wonder if Temple still would have survived the cut?

I have been watching this show. I've really enjoyed it. I think David will probably win. Although, Vanessa seemed to be a strong contender, and she was eliminated after her mistake.

Temple doesn't work well with others, but she is a great designer, especially for having no professional experience. She could pull out a win.

I'm glad they eliminated Donna. I didn't really like her, and it always seemed to me that she was shopping every time we saw her. I never saw her doing any designing or work, just always shopping at the store for six hours at a time! How long does it take? It was time for her to go.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    I was rather indifferent to Donna, but I did not like Temple. If I had promised the kitchen makeover winner couple the sun & the moon, I'd probably win the presentation too. I wish they had shown the couple what shape the kitchen really was in before they sent in the so-called "hit squad" and fixed everything... I wonder if Temple still would have survived the cut?
    I don't like Temple either. The couple did not choose wisely. And in the end their kitchen looked nothing like her sketch anyway, but they didn't seem to mind for some reason.

Wasn't it only a $10K makeover? How could the the couple not know that amount of money would not cover everything in her sketch even if they had not been told about the ridiculously short time limit for completion of the project?

I would have been using my common sense to choose a design that could be accomplished with that amount of time and money.

So I am thinking tonight is the finale???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread