+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jeopardy' champ Ken Jennings blasts show

FORT Fogey

Jeopardy' champ Ken Jennings blasts show

Hope this is the right place to post. If not mods please move.

Just WOW!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060725/...e_ken_jennings

Jeopardy' champ Ken Jennings blasts show 1 hour, 16 minutes ago

NEW YORK - "Jeopardy!" ace Ken Jennings, who won $2.5 million during his 74-game winning streak, has a few unkind words to say about the show and dapper host Alex Trebek.

"I know, I know, the old folks love him," Jennings writes in a recent posting, titled "Dear Jeopardy!" on his Web site.

"Nobody knows he died in that fiery truck crash a few years back and was immediately replaced with the Trebektron 4000 (I see your engineers still can't get the mustache right, by the way)."

Jennings also takes aim at the show's "effete, left-coast" categories and "same-old" format.

"You're like the Dorian Gray of syndication," he says. "You seem to think `change' means replacing a blue polyethylene backdrop with a slightly different shade of blue polyethylene backdrop every presidential election or so."

A call by The Associated Press to "Jeopardy!" spokesman Jeff Ritter was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Jennings, a software engineer from Salt Lake City, snagged 74 wins on "Jeopardy!" in 2004 before he was beaten by challenger Nancy Zerg.

Trebek, 66, has hosted the show since 1984. In a "correction" posted Monday on his Web site, Jennings offers an apology of sorts.

"We regret the insinuation that Mr. Alex Trebek is a robot, and has been since 2004. Mr. Trebek's robotic frame does still contain some organic parts, many harvested from patriotic Canadian schoolchildren, so this technically makes him a `cyborg,' not a `robot.'"

Geez, it was just a joke. Okay, so the guy isn't actually very good at being funny, he didn't win Last Comic Standing, he's a Jeopardy champ, give him a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum View Post
    Geez, it was just a joke. Okay, so the guy isn't actually very good at being funny, he didn't win Last Comic Standing, he's a Jeopardy champ, give him a break!
    Well I thought he was funny. Funnier than Alex Trebek anyway.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think it's just a joke....do you think he's serious???
    Ken Jennings is my favorite Jeopardy player!!!

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    LOL.......I thought it was funny.

Trebeck has a ranch about 10 miles from me.....I've never met him, or seen him for that matter. According to one person I know, who delivers hay for his horses...he's not real good about paying bills.

I agree and thinks it's hysterical so many people are up in arms about these silly comments. It's called a joking/teasing. Sheesh. (Not directed at you, Justafan, but others who are reacting irrationally.).
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    Don't kill the messenger!

I just posted the article When I read it my first thought was this guy is too smart too pull this one

I'm glad it's just a joke.

+ Reply to Thread